Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 USA Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA he played at Minnesota, something MUST be wrong with him. Ignore that fact he has been successful, being a Gopher should exclude him from consideration for any national team. How many gold medals have Wisconsin players and coaches won vs, Minnesota's? Maybe Vetter wants to be coached by a successful goalie & successful coach?
    I recall a Gopher named Brooks who did OK as an Olympic coach a while ago. Stauber will do just fine, footsteps to follow, all that stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by drewkal View Post
      I recall a Gopher named Brooks who did OK as an Olympic coach a while ago. Stauber will do just fine, footsteps to follow, all that stuff!
      Not even close to the same circumstances. Huge underdogs vs several teams they weren't supposed to beat in 1980 compared to arguably the favored team going into the next Olympics given the recent World Championship victory over their arch rivals to the north and with those same rivals as the only real other threat to win the gold.

You are correct that they'll do just fine with him at the helm much as they would be just fine with you or me or anyone with a bit of a hockey pulse at the healm.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        2017-18 USWNT To Be Announced Live on NHL Network
        http://www.usahockey.com/news_articl...rrer_id=752796
        When do the Canadians announce their roster?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
          Not even close to the same circumstances. Huge underdogs vs several teams they weren't supposed to beat in 1980 compared to arguably the favored team going into the next Olympics given the recent World Championship victory over their arch rivals to the north and with those same rivals as the only real other threat to win the gold.

You are correct that they'll do just fine with him at the helm much as they would be just fine with you or me or anyone with a bit of a hockey pulse at the healm.
          I don't know about the "you and me" could do the job but if he fosters the creativity stemming from Team USA's speed that he talks about and gets good goaltending from Rigsby, Vetter, or whoever is chosen, I like Team USA's chances of winning gold.

Would like to see Rooney or Burt get a shot to be in the goaltending rotation as well.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
            "Just fine" won't be good enough, so arguably there is more pressure on Stauber going into the tournament. Then again, no other USA coach has been able to do it since 1998. It seems like every time they play one another it's a one goal game, so which team has the better coaching staff can definitely make a difference.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              I don't know about the "you and me" could do the job but if he fosters the creativity stemming from Team USA's speed that he talks about and gets good goaltending from Rigsby, Vetter, or whoever is chosen, I like Team USA's chances of winning gold.

Would like to see Rooney or Burt get a shot to be in the goaltending rotation as well.
              Nicole Hensley was sensational at the World Championship and should be the clear #1 going into the selection process. Vetter has had her time and it is now time for the new generation to take over. Rigsby is a ringer and Rooney is as consistent as they come. My

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                Omg don't tease me
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Does anyone know of any online stream that's NOT NHL Network to watch this announcement?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    Does anyone know of any online stream that's NOT NHL Network to watch this announcement?
                    USA Hockey????
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Skarupa dropped.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Some tough decisions to be made today. A lot of Talent and few spots.

Comment

Are Keller, Flanagan, and Pannek the only collegians?? Or am I missing a couple?

EDIT: And Rooney and Pankowski, thanks
                          Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 05-05-2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            Are Keller, Flanagan, and Pannek the only collegians?? Or am I missing a couple?

EDIT: And Rooney
                            Pankowski
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Pankowski
                              Ah, thank you

Comment

So not as much of a collegiate drop off as was in 2014
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X