Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Faceoff 2017: DU, UND, UMD and WMU

Figured I'd make a thread. Why not!?

It will be DU vs UND and WMU and UMD on Friday. Looking forward to it!
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: Frozen Faceoff 2017: DU, UND, UMD and WMU

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Figured I'd make a thread. Why not!?

It will be DU vs UND and WMU and UMD on Friday. Looking forward to it!
    Do we have game times yet? For Friday and Saturday? And anyone know anything about TV coverage?
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
      Do we have game times yet? For Friday and Saturday? And anyone know anything about TV coverage?
      Times come out today and the games will be on CBS Sports
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
        Can almost guarantee you Duluth-Western will be the early game (4:07 CENTRAL) and Denver/North Dakota will be the later game (7:37 CENTRAL).

Third Place game is at 3:30 CENTRAL and Championship at 7:30 CENTRAL.

Semi-Finals and finals on CBS Sports Network and third-place game on NCHC.TV.
        Last edited by Riz; 03-13-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
          Can almost guarantee you Duluth-Western will be the early game (4:07 CENTRAL) and Denver/North Dakota will be the later game (7:37 CENTRAL).

Third Place game is at 3:30 CENTRAL and Championship at 7:30 CENTRAL.

Semi-Finals and finals on CBS Sports Network and third-place game on NCHC.TV.
          UND/DU is indeed the late game
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
            Would have been VERY surprised to see otherwise.

Comment

Would have been VERY surprised to see otherwise.
              Not me. DU makes that decision. I could see them wanting the early game so they could get more rest for their Saturday game.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Gives that one Denver fan time to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                  Haha. How true 🤣
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Not me. DU makes that decision. I could see them wanting the early game so they could get more rest for their Saturday game.
                    Do they really? I thought it was a conference decision.

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                    You must be talking about me then! 50/50 on whether I'll go or not. Flights to Fargo are outrageous from Denver for the West regional though so that might keep me from going to Minneapolis. If I'm there, come say hi because I'll definitely stand out in my DU gear.
                    Last edited by Riz; 03-13-2017, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Do they really? I thought it was a conference decision.

You must be talking about me then! 50/50 on whether I'll go or not. Flights to Fargo are outrageous from Denver for the West regional though so that might keep me from going to Minneapolis. If I'm there, come say hi because I'll definitely stand out in my DU gear.
                      Nope, the top seed gets to pick the time.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

It's a pretty easy pick to have Denver roll this thing, right? They looked so good when they made the trip to Kalamazoo. The WMU/UMD series could be interesting though. I'll be a homer and say WMU will win a very tight one, but it wouldn't surprise me if Daloot meets DU in the final.
                        Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                          It's a pretty easy pick to have Denver roll this thing, right? They looked so good when they made the trip to Kalamazoo. The WMU/UMD series could be interesting though. I'll be a homer and say WMU will win a very tight one, but it wouldn't surprise me if Daloot meets DU in the final.
                          Given that in the prior three seasons of the NCHC, the regular season champion has never won a game at the Frozen Faceoff, I see no reason to doubt DU's chances.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            Given that in the prior three seasons of the NCHC, the regular season champion has never won a game at the Frozen Faceoff, I see no reason to doubt DU's chances.
                            The Frozen Faceoff tournament winner has also never won an NCAA tournament game the same year so maybe you don't want to win this thing.

Comment

The Frozen Faceoff tournament winner has also never won an NCAA tournament game the same year so maybe you don't want to win this thing.
                              We don't exactly have a large sample size to make that a solid connection.

That said, I think UMD bests DU in the championship game.

UND pushes too hard in the 3rd place game, knowing their season is on the line, and drops a heartbreaker to WMU. (That's more wishful thinking on my part than any actual analytical reasoning.)
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                              X