UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Larry Mahoney says they're both coming this fall: https://bangordailynews.com/2019/06/...jersey-hitmen/

Comment

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
      Larry Mahoney says they're both coming this fall: https://bangordailynews.com/2019/06/...jersey-hitmen/
      Well that sounds like the recruit additions is at a 11 incoming and my count of returning roster players is at 18....which totals out as a 29 player roster to date....seems like there maybe possible returning roster player cuts....????….I am just throwing that out with no knowledge that this would happen, "BUT" 29 players seems a bit much imo, usually at 26-27..? Any thoughts out there..?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        Well that sounds like the recruit additions is at a 11 incoming and my count of returning roster players is at 18....which totals out as a 29 player roster to date....seems like there maybe possible returning roster player cuts....????….I am just throwing that out with no knowledge that this would happen, "BUT" 29 players seems a bit much imo, usually at 26-27..? Any thoughts out there..?
        26, 27 or 30, they are still going to struggle with Red as coach
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          The more bodies the merrier I suppose. Cant hurt for sure if some players step up to get out of the pack. Might make better practices.
          It could cause confusion if lines are changed alot, early on is good but 2nd half of season you want some consistent lines so they work good together.
          We need a fire down in orono, dont see it. I suppose Red is getting some good naps in this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            26, 27 or 30, they are still going to struggle with Red as coach
            ....oh I know that...all too well...sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
              The more bodies the merrier I suppose. Cant hurt for sure if some players step up to get out of the pack. Might make better practices.
              It could cause confusion if lines are changed alot, early on is good but 2nd half of season you want some consistent lines so they work good together.
              We need a fire down in orono, dont see it. I suppose Red is getting some good naps in this time of year.
              I'd go for more talent....not fill the shelve with as much bodies and with LESS talent. 10-4 on the nap time...

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                I'd go for more talent....not fill the shelve with as much bodies and with LESS talent. 10-4 on the nap time...
                Yeah, this thread is essentially about warm bodies. Maine hasn't recruited any genuine talent since Red has been here. I'm predicting a PW of about 37 next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  I hear you on the talent, short of that numbers seem to be an option apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                    I hear you on the talent, short of that numbers seem to be an option apparently.
                    They shoot to find the "DIAMOND" in the rough...…………..

Comment

I have (finally) updated the UMaine recruit page and roster projection.

Link here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1737200132

Link also in the signature of all of my posts, which i realize isn't often these day (**** paying job!). Anyway, as always Red keeps his roster management in shroud of mystery. Likely to be a little more roster juggling before August. Surprised to see scholarship money going to Winfree kid. Would have been nice to see that money go Needham's way and bring him in a year early....
                      UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post

Link also in the signature of all of my posts, which i realize isn't often these day (**** paying job!). Anyway, as always Red keeps his roster management in shroud of mystery. Likely to be a little more roster juggling before August. Surprised to see scholarship money going to Winfree kid. Would have been nice to see that money go Needham's way and bring him in a year early....
                        You must've missed the memo that Binner left to go back home. Agree on Winfree, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post

Bisson coming in this season. Binner is gone pro.
                          https://bangordailynews.com/2019/05/22/sports/umaine-sports/hockey-defenseman-leaves-umaine-to-turn-pro-in-sweden/

Also, have to see where Richard is drafted in qmjhl this weekend. A top ten pick probably indicates he will go qmjhl, I guess???
                          Last edited by BlackI; 06-05-2019, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                            You must've missed the memo that Binner left to go back home. Agree on Winfree, however.
                            Thank you for catching that mistake. I was aware but copy and pasted a previous roster projection version. 2 minutes for poor spreadsheet management!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                              Also, have to see where Richard is drafted in qmjhl this weekend. A top ten pick probably indicates he will go qmjhl, I guess???
                              Richard has been denoted as a flight risk "@" since the day of his verbal commitment. Further I don't put a lot of stock in any verbal commitment beyond 3 years from arrival and even at 3 years it is a roll of the dice sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                                Richard has been denoted as a flight risk "@" since the day of his verbal commitment. Further I don't put a lot of stock in any verbal commitment beyond 3 years from arrival and even at 3 years it is a roll of the dice sometimes.
                                I just wanted you to know you have Bisson playing five seasons now. I think the blue highlighted entry in your roster projection table needs deleted. Thanks for keeping track of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X