Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    You must be thinking of Kawamura, he is small. I wonder if Kawamura ever makes it to Maine.
    Nope he was referencing Osadick. eliteprospects is fantastic for everything except size and year of arrival. that is one of the reasons why i maintain the recruiting site for maine fans.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...atthew-osadick
    UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
      1) 2nd line LW: a senior averaging 16 pts across his 4 years would be an above average 3rd liner vs. below average 2nd liner. As a freshmen JSS gets a pass for falling below the 18 point requirement of a second liner our metrics focus on career average and first year production is typically, though not always, your lowest career production. Overall i think consensus amongst fans is this line did not have a good year.
      I personally have Schmitty pegged as a breakout candidate for next year. If you look back, his first year in the USHL was plagued with a lack of scoring and piling up the penalty minutes (sound familiar?), and he was sent down to the NAHL. Second season, he was leading the league in goal scoring before getting injured and missing significant time. And I will disagree slightly, I think at times the second line played well this season, but I will agree at other times they could be hard to watch and couldn't even break out of the zone effectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
        ...the Ben Meyers debacle...
        Thats another thing, I remember being curious about that when it happened. What exactly was the situation? Did Red and Co ask him to wait a year and he didn't accept that? Because he then bounced to Omaha and then quickly went to Minnesota, and now he was back in the USHL this year. What the heck happened?

Comment

I think Breen will be a second line center. He is centering the top line on his USHL team. Maybe this could be a good line up...

Fossier/Doherty*/Tralmaks
          Schmidt-Svestrup/Breen/Dawe
          Westerlund*/Shea*/Smith
          Poisson*/Drobot/Roy

Quinlivan*/Gaudette*/Hock*/Lindelow*

Greenway/Butala
          Sirota*/Kleiboer*
          Binner/Bruneski*

Spicer*/VMT

Swayman
          Thiessen

Comment

I think Breen will be a second line center. He is centering the top line on his USHL team. Maybe this could be a good line up...

Fossier/Doherty*/Tralmaks
            Schmidt-Svestrup/Breen/Dawe
            Westerlund*/Shea*/Smith
            Poisson*/Drobot/Roy

Quinlivan*/Gaudette*/Hock*/Lindelow*

Greenway/Butala
            Sirota*/Kleiboer*
            Binner/Bruneski*

Spicer*/VMT

Swayman
            Thiessen
            Not convinced at all that a 2nd-line center coming in will help much, considering what Maine already has for a 2nd-line.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Not convinced at all that a 2nd-line center coming in will help much, considering what Maine already has for a 2nd-line.
              That is ok, I am.

Comment

That is ok, I am.
                Have another one on me!

Comment

Interesting game live boxscore...

Brad Morrissey, Nicholas Capone, and JD Greenway have each scored a goal tonight so far in the Tri City vs. Dubuque game.

https://www.ushl.com/view/#/game-summary/8238

Comment

Interesting game live boxscore...

Brad Morrissey, Nicholas Capone, and JD Greenway have each scored a goal tonight so far in the Tri City vs. Dubuque game.

https://www.ushl.com/view/#/game-summary/8238
                    Nick's first game in USHL this year also!

Comment

Guillaume Richard ('03) will attend Mount St. Charles Academy in Rhode Island next year. I usually don't hold much stock in the future of kids who have committed to any university with 4 or 5 years of junior eligibility. Just too much can happen. However, this is an encouraging sign from the perspective of CHL vs. NCAA. Still a looong way to go. I actually had to the chance to watch Guillaume pay in person this year and I was very impressed. Very slick skater for his age/size. Very good in all three zones and power play. Reminding me a lot of an early blooming left shot Pat Holway. As always development is the key word, does he continue to progress or do all the kids around him catch up? Time will tell, but from a long term perspective a good get by Guite.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                        Guillaume Richard ('03) will attend Mount St. Charles Academy in Rhode Island next year. I usually don't hold much stock in the future of kids who have committed to any university with 4 or 5 years of junior eligibility. Just too much can happen. However, this is an encouraging sign from the perspective of CHL vs. NCAA. Still a looong way to go. I actually had to the chance to watch Guillaume pay in person this year and I was very impressed. Very slick skater for his age/size. Very good in all three zones and power play. Reminding me a lot of an early blooming left shot Pat Holway. As always development is the key word, does he continue to progress or do all the kids around him catch up? Time will tell, but from a long term perspective a good get by Guite.
                        So as of TODAY what is the incoming recruit and names that are coming to Maine for 2019-20 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          So as of TODAY what is the incoming recruit and names that are coming to Maine for 2019-20 season.
                          This article should tell you most of the incoming recruits.

https://bangordailynews.com/2018/12/...th-7-recruits/

Comment

This article should tell you most of the incoming recruits.

https://bangordailynews.com/2018/12/...th-7-recruits/
                            OK...Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              OK...Thank You
                              BHall also believes Bruneski is coming in next season. I tend to think Morrissey would be a great addition, but not sure about his health. Capone should do a year in USHL, and then he might be a risk for early departure. He has NHL framework. For me, I wish Thiessen plays another year in USHL... He probably won't get much playing time.

Comment

I wish Thiessen plays another year in USHL... He probably won't get much playing time.
                                Maine will need a back up goalie next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X