• Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Originally posted by northmike View Post
    fire red!
    some day

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
      What a shame. I've said it before and i'll say it again, of all his weaknesses, roster/scholarship management is Red's biggest weakness. Why he always insists one more year in juniors for these guys in order to bring in an at best 4th line talent on a partial scholarship is beyond me! If you can play on a top line in the USHL you can play NCAA hockey - Period. This class should have been Poisson, Needham, Roy, and Breen - end of story. Not to mention Ben Meyers last season. One of Osadick, Poissant, and Morrissey will be next to decommit.
      Agreed, and I would only add it is with forwards. He has actually done a good job with goalies and dmen. The frustrating part is that he’s actually done the hard bit with getting good kids to commit. It really wasn’t an issue with kids coming in until last year’s freshmen class either. Do you have any inside info on how things have gone off the rails so bad?

Not to look too far ahead but things could be really bad for 20-21 when you factor in they lose Fossier, Shea, smith, and likely Doherty and Tralmaks as well. Those are five of your top seven or eight forwards from this coming season. Dawe and Holesinsky(complete bust) are also wildcards. I personally don’t see things working out with Dawe but hope to be proven wrong.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I wonder if Red isn't half as dumb as he seems to be, and keeps UMaine on the hook for what he promises is coming "down the road".

The ADs just seem to keep falling for it, while Red laughs all the way to the bank, having played 3-card Monte at Maine's expense for years and years now.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-15-2019, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          I wonder if Red isn't half as dumb as he seems to be, and keeps UMaine on the hook for what he promises is coming "down the road".

The ADs just seem to keep falling for it, while Red laughs all the way to the bank, having played 3-card Monte at Maine's expense for years and years now.
          He's failed and that is pretty evident...I mean just looking at his record, but most telling is the product on the ice and what happens every season....penalty's, shoddy play in the defensive end and on and on....you watch and shake your head...bottom line he's failed and is allowed to continue. He's made this program a laughing stock...which was started in part by Whitehead. As you say the AD's in charge can take the BLAME also...funny thing is every time I'm down in the area...places where die-hards are, you keep hearing that the AD of present (Ralph) has the hockey program in mind and will turn it around....like I say well too often: Talk is CHEAP and whiskey COST money...

Comment

• New recruit - Isaac Lambert
            https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/632544/isaac-lambert

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              16 and from Quebec, using Maine for leverage with a major jr team?
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Seems like he is going just two days for development camp to keep ncaa eligibility. But he says he hasn’t decided... below is an article about it...

It was after an invitation from Denis Francoeur that the young man was able to demonstrate his expertise during a tournament on the side of the United States. Interested in what they saw, University of Maine Hockey Program officials contacted the Claretian College Grail product to submit a full scholarship for the 16-year-old to come one day to sue. his career in their institution. "I am very happy. However, at this moment, I have no decision to take. My goal was to have the most opportunities to then make the best choice between the QMJHL and the American university ranks. Now I have this choice with the Océanic, which is a great organization, as well as with the University of Maine, which is also a high-class organization, "said Lambert.

He has a verbal agreement with the US establishment, but he has not signed his letter of intent yet. He is still free to choose the route he prefers until he is 17 years old. "They called me on Tuesday to tell me that I had a full scholarship to go play there if I decided to go. Normally, we will play between 19 and 24 years, but it depends a lot on our development. They will therefore get me into the team when my development will allow me to play at this level. They do not want to push me or slow me down. We will really see with my progress the moment when I am going to join the team. "

Lambert has also warned the Océanic organization that it will only be present for 48 hours at the Bas-Saint-Laurent team camp. "I advised the Rimouski leaders of my approach to avoid causing them a surprise. I can not go more than 48 hours to the camp to maintain my eligibility for the NCAA. My decision is not made, however. I really wanted to bet on both options, "he repeated.

Furthermore, in addition to Lambert, the University of Maine also offered a scholarship to Thomas Pichette, who was an 8th round pick of the Shawinigan Cataractes at the last auction. Pichette is also advised by the camp of Denis Francoeur.

Midget level AAA next year

Having played with the Claretian College Graal last year, Lambert's goal is to play with the Trois-Rivières Estacades at the midget AAA level next season. For the moment, evolving in the United States is not in the short term plans. "My number one plan is to play for the Booms. I only had good comments on this organization. Then I will make a decision because my choice is not yet decided. I will take a year of reflection. "

Comment

Is there much chance Kawamura or Bogdanovich wind up in Orono? It seems to me neither are quite good enough and given the numbers situation there undoubtedly will be some guys go elsewhere.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Is there much chance Kawamura or Bogdanovich wind up in Orono? It seems to me neither are quite good enough and given the numbers situation there undoubtedly will be some guys go elsewhere.
                    Not sure Kawamura makes it to Orono. He hasn’t really made an impact in BCHL or USHL. And he made a change to defense for Omaha of USHL. Seems strange that a high scorer in midget now is converting to defense, and his size is small for d1 defensemen.

I think there is a great chance Bogdonovich makes it to Orono. Keep in mind he is 6’3” and 236 lbs. This is how big Penney was. He probably needs time to develop into his frame. He is an in state kid too, so that is always a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      He is advised by the same guy as all the other recent Quebec commits. Some will come, some won't. The way it is in college hockey these days.
                      UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Bryden Sinclair, '01 D verbal commit

http://www.nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=27343
                        UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                          He is advised by the same guy as all the other recent Quebec commits. Some will come, some won't. The way it is in college hockey these days.
                          Indeed, it is the way...and not just for Maine but as you say the whole landscape of College Hockey...never get your hopes up.

Comment

Seems like a solid defensemen. Rated a 3.75 outta 5 by neutral zone. Described as a great skater, likes to join offense, looks to open ice opposition.

Looks like this is a Alfie recruit since he was part of hit the ice summer program. And he is First Nation from Manitoba.

He might be a Keeper.

Sorry I couldn’t help that pun. He got rookie of the year for his MJHL team.

https://thepasonline.com/the-pas-sports-news/444659

Comment

Also wanted to mention a few changes for your list based on the USHL preseason 30 man list. https://cdn2.sportngin.com/attachments/document/6e70-1957874/2019-20_USHL_Protected_Lists_8.31.pdf?_ga=2.35380961.19 13075658.1567882131-673324807.1567882131

Aughe and Osadick are not on any USHL roster. Langford is on Green Bay roster. Kawamura is on Omaha. He is listed as D/F but I think he played d mostly at the end of last season.

Comment

Osadik is playing in Merritt in the BCHL for his old coach at Swan River.

Comment

Working...
                                X