No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Chara is playing tonight in game 5 with a broken jaw. Wahoooo! Go Bruins!

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      Looks like Chara is playing tonight in game 5 with a broken jaw. Wahoooo! Go Bruins!
      As they say he's a hockey player and we all know in the playoffs these guys are banged up and many injuries come out after the season is done...big game for both teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        Looks like Chara is playing tonight in game 5 with a broken jaw. Wahoooo! Go Bruins!
        Is the jaw wired,? Probably not?

Comment

Still tough guy though

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
            Still tough guy though
            I thought I heard he has a plate in his jaw now.

Refs were pretty terrible. Gonna be tough to win the next one away.

Comment

I thought I heard he has a plate in his jaw now.

Refs were pretty terrible. Gonna be tough to win the next one away.
              It was bad call for sure last night...and especially with the play ending up with the winning goal being scored.....I am NOT a Bruins fan by a long shot....but still that was a call that needed to be call...it took credit away from the Blues playing a good game and there netminder playing a top notch game....as nobody will remember his saves and ONLY that the call was wrong and should have been made...but as always...that's hockey. Turn the page and game 6 is on the horizon come Sunday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                Richard has been denoted as a flight risk "@" since the day of his verbal commitment. Further I don't put a lot of stock in any verbal commitment beyond 3 years from arrival and even at 3 years it is a roll of the dice sometimes.
                Richard was drafted 7th by Victoriaville, QC of qmjhl. Imagine it is very likely they got his commitment before drafting him seventh.
                Last edited by BlackI; 06-09-2019, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• They are singing the blues now.

Comment

I just wanted you to know you have Bisson playing five seasons now. I think the blue highlighted entry in your roster projection table needs deleted. Thanks for keeping track of this.
                    Good catch!
                    UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Richard was drafted 7th by Victoriaville, QC of qmjhl. Imagine it is very likely they got his commitment before drafting him seventh.
                      Seems likely. Likely to know more when camp starts. Regardless nothing ventured nothing gained

Comment

A couple days ago Max Sasson committed to Western Michigan which is closer to home for him. This adds to a disturbing trend of verbal commits (i.e., Meyers & Needham) choosing to attend another school a year earlier then when Red & Co want them in Orono. This is a problem to say the least. It appears as though they are willing to sacrifice depth and talent for an extra year of maturity and development. Although not often discussed roster management, particularly scholarship allocation, is perhaps the greatest weakness of this leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                          A couple days ago Max Sasson committed to Western Michigan which is closer to home for him. This adds to a disturbing trend of verbal commits (i.e., Meyers & Needham) choosing to attend another school a year earlier then when Red & Co want them in Orono. This is a problem to say the least. It appears as though they are willing to sacrifice depth and talent for an extra year of maturity and development. Although not often discussed roster management, particularly scholarship allocation, is perhaps the greatest weakness of this leadership.
                          Who really knows? But is this anything that the Gendron era has done...surprise you to this date? I was down in the area the other day, and spoke to many loyal/diehards and they all seem to think as I do...Gendron is not the man to handle the job. He's been given ample time, and imho he has failed...period.

Comment

There is a very remote but still existent chance that future Black Bear Lynden Breen gets chosen tomorrow afternoon very late in the NHL Draft. He was given a ranking by NHL Central Scouting of #183 among North American skaters and I saw his name sparingly floating around some mock draft websites as being either late in the 7th round or as undrafted. But, the fact he was listed at all and ranked by Central Scouting shows he is at least on the radar. For comparisons sake, Jacob Schmidt-Svesjtrup was ranked #205 for North American skaters on the 2018 Central Scouting list, and Binner #94 in 2017.
                            Last edited by amkirby10; 06-21-2019, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                              I say - in general- that if anything even remotely resembling top talent commits to Red, he'd better let them come when they want to come. Maine is in absolutely no position to dictate to recruits in that regard anymore.

Comment

Verbal commits have been bailing on Maine for years and way before Red
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X