UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Tristan Poissant, '00 F, currently with Cornwall has committed to UMaine. Has two years of junior eligibility remaining.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...istan-poissant

Was named CCHL Player of the Month in November
    Last edited by Bhall44; 03-11-2019, 01:05 PM.
    UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Maine got a goalie today as well.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Maine got a goalie today as well.
        Whats his name?

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
          Whats his name?
          https://***********/_Neutral_Zone/st...79249890287616

Comment

Not related to UMaine directly but Miami announced the firing of Rico Blassi today. Quite significant considering he built the program to national prominence and came oh so short of a national title in 2009. The program has fallen since the formation of the NCHC. Will be interesting to keep an eye the coaching change has on the 30 current commitments to the program, including 5 NTDP 2019 invites.

https://www.uscho.com/2019/03/19/aft...-expectations/

Comment

Has this been a bad year for a lot of Maine’s commitments? It seems like very few have done well statistically. It isn’t the end of the world, but is a little concerning.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                Has this been a bad year for a lot of Maine’s commitments? It seems like very few have done well statistically. It isn’t the end of the world, but is a little concerning.
                I'm of the opinion that this will be a solid set of additions. Five of the seven recruits played USHL hockey this year and stuck. The other two are Canadians. Kleiboer didn't stick because there are limited spots for imports. Plus it isn't surprising because he is a bit undersized. Poisson probably never had aspirations of playing in USHL, but is a leader on his BCHL team.

Outside of the NLI guys it seems BHall think Bruneski is coming in next season. The content coming from USHL is there so I believe the depth will be there. Hopefully this translates into a stronger overall defensive team. Which when you can put that in front of a great goalie will mean good things.

I'm also very encouraged by Sirotas play, he seems solid and a top minute anchor on the blue line.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  I'm of the opinion that this will be a solid set of additions. Five of the seven recruits played USHL hockey this year and stuck. The other two are Canadians. Kleiboer didn't stick because there are limited spots for imports. Plus it isn't surprising because he is a bit undersized. Poisson probably never had aspirations of playing in USHL, but is a leader on his BCHL team.

Outside of the NLI guys it seems BHall think Bruneski is coming in next season. The content coming from USHL is there so I believe the depth will be there. Hopefully this translates into a stronger overall defensive team. Which when you can put that in front of a great goalie will mean good things.

I'm also very encouraged by Sirotas play, he seems solid and a top minute anchor on the blue line.
                  God knows I appreciate your ongoing optimism, Blackie, but who's going to score for Maine next year?

IMO, that's been the problem with every Red recruiting class.
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-19-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    God knows I appreciate your ongoing optimism, Blackie, but who's going to score for Maine next year?

IMO, that's been the problem with every Red recruiting class.
                    Probably, like most teams, your juniors become senoirs... you sophs become juniors, and your frosh become sophs...

Or do you believe you only can do what you show first year?

Of course there is development. I expect to see no problems with scoring. But I am very concerned with there isn't that same development on the defense.

I prefer to see more emphasis on defense and develop there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      The stats don't really jump off the page for any of them, I agree. The one with the flashiest stats is probably Ben Poission, who is slightly above a PPG player in his current league, but it isnt the USHL. Stats aren't eveything, though, and Id rather see them in person than rely on a stat sheet. But no, I don't think youre wrong to not be impressed at first glance.

Comment

The stats don't really jump off the page for any of them, I agree. The one with the flashiest stats is probably Ben Poission, who is slightly above a PPG player in his current league, but it isnt the USHL. Stats aren't eveything, though, and Id rather see them in person than rely on a stat sheet. But no, I don't think youre wrong to not be impressed at first glance.
                        Sirota is an example. He plays the game the right way. For me... He is the most promising young defenseman.

We need more of him and less on the flashy but can't take care of their own net.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          Sirota is an example. He plays the game the right way. For me... He is the most promising young defenseman.

We need more of him and less on the flashy but can't take care of their own net.
                          I agree on Sirota, he's probably the best D on Maine already, especially with Keeper in Florida. Im curious how his elgibility plays out with joining the team in January instead of October; maybe BHall44 can shed some light on the situation?

Comment

I agree on Sirota, he's probably the best D on Maine already, especially with Keeper in Florida. Im curious how his elgibility plays out with joining the team in January instead of October; maybe BHall44 can shed some light on the situation?
                            He used a full year

Comment

As Ma#1neHky previously said, Sirota used a full year of eligibility. Staff tried to get him to Orono as soon as Holway left but with a full month and a half into the semester the NCAA and University wasn't going for it. I was very pleased with his second half performance. Honestly he looked better playing NCAA than he did NAHL. He has really improved his defensive positioning and puck possession skills in the past 2 years. When he first came over from Czech he was all offense minded and a liability on defense which is why he didn't stick in USHL. I love watching these kids improve!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                                As Ma#1neHky previously said, Sirota used a full year of eligibility. Staff tried to get him to Orono as soon as Holway left but with a full month and a half into the semester the NCAA and University wasn't going for it. I was very pleased with his second half performance. Honestly he looked better playing NCAA than he did NAHL. He has really improved his defensive positioning and puck possession skills in the past 2 years. When he first came over from Czech he was all offense minded and a liability on defense which is why he didn't stick in USHL. I love watching these kids improve!
                                I agree. He looked great for Maine this second half(which is his first half). A lot of promise there. Unfortunately, he was undrafted... which means he could become a target like Keeper to leave early.

Comment

Working...
                                X