UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
    Updates made. Still waiting on a few situations to play out. I don't have time to post as frequently so bookmark/favorite page.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1737200132
    How you have it right now is very uninspiring to say the least. Maine desperately needs to bring in three or four good forwards.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      How you have it right now is very uninspiring to say the least. Maine desperately needs to bring in three or four good forwards.
      Osadik was just traded from Swan Valley in the MJHL to Merrit in the BCHL. I wonder if he is going to play or if he will go to the USHL? He should go where he will get top line ice time.

Comment

Updates made. Still waiting on a few situations to play out. I don't have time to post as frequently so bookmark/favorite page.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1737200132
        I saw Kawamura playing defense for Omaha, fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          I saw Kawamura playing defense for Omaha, fwiw.
          What was your take on him?

Comment

Sorry for the delay but Victoriavllie (QMJHL) has waived the rights of Guillame Richard after he informed the team that he will be pursuing hockey in the US. I am a little surprised that he did not even opt to attend training camp. Additionally as you will see in the referenced article UMaine picked up another recruit, F Mikael Huchette, who recently who spurned the QMJHL for US hockey. There is still a long time before either are scheduled for arrival so anything can happen between now and then...

https://www.lanouvelle.net/2019/08/0...e-preference/\

UMaine also received a committment from F Thomas Pichette ('03) however I have no current information regarding his intent to play QMJHL or NCAA. He is a product of the same hockey advisor/academy as Richard and Huchette
            Last edited by Bhall44; 08-13-2019, 11:09 AM.
            UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Sorry for the delay but Victoriavllie (QMJHL) has waived the rights of Guillame Richard after he informed the team that he will be pursuing hockey in the US. I am a little surprised that he did not even opt to attend training camp. Additionally as you will see in the referenced article UMaine picked up another recruit, F Mikael Huchette, who recently who spurned the QMJHL for US hockey. There is still a long time before either are scheduled for arrival so anything can happen between now and then...

https://www.lanouvelle.net/2019/08/0...e-preference/\

UMaine also received a committment from F Thomas Pichette ('03) however I have no current information regarding his intent to play QMJHL or NCAA. He is a product of the same hockey advisor/academy as Richard and Huchette
              Translated from French to English...

After a long reflection matured with family members and his advisor Denis Francoeur, the defender Guillaume Richard decided to continue his career in the United States. Engaged with the University of Maine starting in the 2021-2022 season, Richard never hid his interest in the NCAA and it was finally this one that prevailed over everything else.

This decision prompted the Victoriaville Tigres to waive the rights of the one they had selected in 7th place in the last draft of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL). "It's a reflection that lasted a very long time. It's been ten years since I worked with William and at a young age, he was already going to tournaments in the United States. He became aware of the possibilities there were. Those who have the option of playing in the United States or in the QMJHL are very privileged. [...] On one side or the other, the decision is up to the family. We answer questions and we will look for the necessary information. Both options were interesting for Guillaume, but it's since he was very young that he sees himself playing in the NCAA, "said Francoeur.

Clan counselor Richard assures that it is nothing against the Victorian organization or the Courteau circuit if the young defender preferred to turn their backs on them. "I knew the QMJHL and it's a great circuit. It makes it possible to develop hockey players well and as far as studies are concerned, they have done a lot of work on this side in order to supervise young people. [...] The selection session and the meetings went very well with the Tigers. It is a first class organization. Guillaume felt pampered at having been selected by them, but in the end, it was the path to the United States that was still at the top of his list. "

The Blizzard product of the Séminaire Saint-François will now leave the ranks of the midget AAA level to align with the Mount St Charles Academy next season. He is also expected to evolve for a few games in the USHL with the Tri-City Storm during this period. Asked if there was a chance to see Richard appear one day in the QMJHL, Francoeur concedes it was hard to know. "As I speak, I have no answer to that. Currently, it is clear in his head that this is the path he wants to take (NCAA's). There are different stages to go through, but for starters, he will go to Mount St Charles and play some games in the USHL. If he is still comfortable in this environment, I believe he will continue on this avenue. [..] He could come back, but he could not do the opposite. Both options are open, but for the moment, Guillaume is very happy with his decision. "

A lower caliber?

The best defender of Quebec in the 2019 vintage, Richard's talent is obvious. Having achieved 27 points in 38 games with the Blizzard this year and the most productive defenseman at Team Quebec at the Canada Games, the Quebecer has always excelled in facing the elite of his age group. We improve by playing against the best according to the saying.

In the case of Richard, this could change as the level of play of the circuit in which evolves the Mount St Charles Academy is not recognized as being the highest. According to some stakeholders consulted, the USHS-RI offers a lower caliber than the midget AAA. For a defender who would be of caliber to play in the QMJHL, it could be a little too easy. "It's a program that is development-oriented. In Guillaume's age, these are very important years in the development of a hockey player that are not necessarily related to the level of play. It is certain that if we seek the best caliber, it could be the USHL or the QMJHL. For next year, it's a caliber similar to the midget AAA. It's important for talented players to dominate at their level before moving on to the next stage, "insisted Francoeur.

In the case of the University of Maine, although its hockey program does not have the reputation of Boston College, the University of North Dakota or the University of Michigan, it manages to produce good players. Just think of Paul Kariya, Garth Snow, Brett Clark and Gustav Nyquist. Coaches John Tortorella and Jim Montgomery also studied there. "For a hockey player, what is important is to have the opportunity to showcase yourself. If the young person performs, no matter the organization, the recruiters will come to see him play. That's what the University of Maine will offer William. This university plays in a very good conference in the company of the Boston University, Boston College, Northeasthern University University and company. He will have the chance to be seen.

Comment

Harry Roy is back on the market.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

EP still shows him going to Maine this year but his USHL rights were traded from Omaha to Muskegon in the summer. Has he delayed his NCAA start?

Comment

Originally posted by woodenskates View Post
                    EP still shows him going to Maine this year but his USHL rights were traded from Omaha to Muskegon in the summer. Has he delayed his NCAA start?
                    It's unclear, but here's a source:

https://***********/MarkDivver/statu...92696053080064

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                      Former Maine says it all...…..

Comment

What a shame. I've said it before and i'll say it again, of all his weaknesses, roster/scholarship management is Red's biggest weakness. Why he always insists one more year in juniors for these guys in order to bring in an at best 4th line talent on a partial scholarship is beyond me! If you can play on a top line in the USHL you can play NCAA hockey - Period. This class should have been Poisson, Needham, Roy, and Breen - end of story. Not to mention Ben Meyers last season. One of Osadick, Poissant, and Morrissey will be next to decommit.
                        UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

What a shame. I've said it before and i'll say it again, of all his weaknesses, roster/scholarship management is Red's biggest weakness. Why he always insists one more year in juniors for these guys in order to bring in an at best 4th line talent on a partial scholarship is beyond me! If you can play on a top line in the USHL you can play NCAA hockey - Period. This class should have been Poisson, Needham, Roy, and Breen - end of story. Not to mention Ben Meyers last season. One of Osadick, Poissant, and Morrissey will be next to decommit.
                          I agree. But I don’t want Osadick, Morrissey, or Breen to decommission. I was sad when Sasson jumped ship. Not that upset though on Needham and Roy.

Comment

Emphasize - "of all his weaknesses". There are many and as you state included that also hurts.

Comment

Red is hoping they grow and get slower
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Fire red!

Comment

Working...
                                X