No announcement yet.

UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry played for Canada west in the junior a challenge...

https://hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/national-championships/men/world-junior-a/2019/stats/team-rosters?teamid=36

Also, Breen had a five point night. He is top line center and top scorer on his team Fargo.

https://www.ushl.com/view/#/game-summary/8836
    Last edited by BlackI; 12-31-2019, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Guillame Richard lead his team canada white team in scoring during the world u-17 challenge... even though he is a defensemen. As far as I can tell he was second in defensemen scoring overall. This is quite impressive tournament showing. Though he evidently is visiting qmjhl Victoriaville.

A situation to monitor...

https://www.lanouvelle.net/2019/12/29/guillaume-richard-en-visite-a-victoriaville/

There was a distinguished visitor to Victoriaville for the December 29 game between the Tigers and the Shawinigan Cataractes. Indeed, the hope of 16 year old Guillaume Richard was an attentive spectator during this meeting.

This visit had however been awaited for a long time when the Richard clan and the Tigers had planned to meet again in December. Asked about Richard’s visit, Kevin Cloutier preferred not to comment until January 10, the deadline for submitting the final list of players for the Tigers roster.

Selected 7th by the Felines in the last draft for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL), Richard has followed the route of American colleges so far, as he had announced. The native of Cap-Santé signed up with the University of Maine to grow there with the Black Bears starting in the 2021-2022 season.

The Tigers therefore continue their great seduction in the hope of repatriating the one who was perceived as the best Quebec defender of the 2019 repechage vintage. However, expectations must be tempered. During his most recent interview with www.lanouvelle.net in November, Richard said that he did not intend to deviate from his plan. The talented defender had also expressed that it was nothing against the organization of the Tigers if he had opted for this choice. If he had to change his tune, Richard had said he would accept to play in the Bois-Francs.

The former Blizzard back from Séminaire Saint-François defended the colors of Team Canada White in the last World Under-17 Challenge. He took this opportunity to prove once again that he belonged to the elite of his age by notably collecting six points in as many games. Richard is currently evolving with the Mount St Charles Academy. He also played three USHL games with the Tri-City Storm.

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Previous article mentioned on Richard...

https://www.lanouvelle.net/2019/11/1...s-de-son-plan/

While acknowledging that he is scheduled to chat again with general manager Kevin Cloutier in December, defender Guillaume Richard says his plan is to continue his career in the United States.

He is currently lining up with the Mount St Charles Academy, where he has played some 25 games since the start of the season. He also had the privilege of playing a game with the Tri-City Storm in the USHL.

If he does not reverse his decision and continues his adventure in the United States, next season he should line up full time with the Storm. Then, in 2021-2022, he should make his debut with the University of Maine. "This is the plan," said the main stakeholder.

The latter has absolutely nothing against the Victoriaville Tigers, it must be specified. Moreover, if he decided to imitate his former teammate Zachary Bolduc, who left the Mount St Charles Academy to join the Rimouski Océanic earlier this season, he would not hesitate to align himself with the felines. "Victoriaville would be a place I would like to play," he said.

The fact remains that he enjoys himself in the American program. And his recent participation in the World Under-17 Challenge in Western Canada has shown that he is still among the elite in his age group.

The 16-year-old defenseman ended the tournament with two goals and four assists in six games. The more the competition progressed, the more he was dominant.

It was the first time he had the privilege of defending the colors of Canada. He enjoyed the experience. He would have liked to win a medal, but his team, Canada White, dropped the bronze after a heartbreaking 3-2 overtime loss to the Czech Republic.

“We were aiming for a medal. We were so close. The fact remains that the experience was rewarding, he said. We were treated with class by all Hockey Canada staff. Then, on an individual level, after an adaptation match, it went well. The more the tournament went on, the more comfortable I felt. "

He also had to go through a period of adjustment when he arrived in the United States, particularly following the departure of his good friend Zachary Bolduc. The fact remains that after only a month, his English had improved a lot. He saw it and his teammates also confirmed it.

Guillaume Richard was the seventh overall choice in the last draft of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. If Kevin Cloutier and his group cannot convince him to join the QMJHL, they will have to resolve to release him and accept a compensatory choice at the next selection session of the Courteau circuit.

No matter which path you take, Guillaume Richard has a bright future. Last season, at age 15 with the Blizzard du Séminaire Saint-François in the Quebec Midget AAA Hockey League, he amassed 7 goals and 20 assists in 38 games.

Comment

When looking up recruit Richard, I noticed another highly rated draft pick from New Brunswick... Evan Nause. He was drafted sixth in the draft, one spot ahead of Richard. He is playing for Sioux Falls in USHL, so it seems he prefers academic NCAA route?? Seems like someone the Maine coaching staff would be looking at. I think Gould is from Riverview. It seems like he has things in common with other eastern Canadian recruits in the Pipeline. https://www.ushl.com/view/#/player/8579/71/evan-nause

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            Guillame Richard lead his team canada white team in scoring during the world u-17 challenge... even though he is a defensemen. As far as I can tell he was second in defensemen scoring overall. This is quite impressive tournament showing. Though he evidently is visiting qmjhl Victoriaville.

A situation to monitor...

https://www.lanouvelle.net/2019/12/29/guillaume-richard-en-visite-a-victoriaville/

There was a distinguished visitor to Victoriaville for the December 29 game between the Tigers and the Shawinigan Cataractes. Indeed, the hope of 16 year old Guillaume Richard was an attentive spectator during this meeting.

This visit had however been awaited for a long time when the Richard clan and the Tigers had planned to meet again in December. Asked about Richard’s visit, Kevin Cloutier preferred not to comment until January 10, the deadline for submitting the final list of players for the Tigers roster.

Selected 7th by the Felines in the last draft for the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL), Richard has followed the route of American colleges so far, as he had announced. The native of Cap-Santé signed up with the University of Maine to grow there with the Black Bears starting in the 2021-2022 season.

The Tigers therefore continue their great seduction in the hope of repatriating the one who was perceived as the best Quebec defender of the 2019 repechage vintage. However, expectations must be tempered. During his most recent interview with www.lanouvelle.net in November, Richard said that he did not intend to deviate from his plan. The talented defender had also expressed that it was nothing against the organization of the Tigers if he had opted for this choice. If he had to change his tune, Richard had said he would accept to play in the Bois-Francs.

The former Blizzard back from Séminaire Saint-François defended the colors of Team Canada White in the last World Under-17 Challenge. He took this opportunity to prove once again that he belonged to the elite of his age by notably collecting six points in as many games. Richard is currently evolving with the Mount St Charles Academy. He also played three USHL games with the Tri-City Storm.
            Richard seems like a really good piece, and it also seems like he really wants the NCAA route. Let's hope he ends up in Orono after all.

Comment

Hi all, new to this thread. Question for all of you. What is the defence situation on the current team and moving into next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by djs298 View Post
                Hi all, new to this thread. Question for all of you. What is the defence situation on the current team and moving into next year?
                For projected incoming recruits BHall44 keeps a spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEz6ZeLBgKc1YgcEha7PTYrs0p6MIzdujVgCh1uwnqY/edit#gid=1737200132

Unfortunately, last season we had a few defensemen leave early. Keeper left early for two way nhl/ahl contract. Holway left early due to personal issue to be closer to home. Binner left early to play pro hockey in his native homeland overseas.

The defense is fairly young and has not many games under their belt as you would normally expect. However, they have been decent in my opinion. The additions of Sirota and Greenway were great. The other new additions have been decent, but some mistakes here and there. Then Spicer has been overall good. He was a player that didn’t get much ice time in previous seasons. He is also a great scholar and that should be mentioned.

So I expect the top 4 are set in stone for next season. And competition would be for the bottom three spots. I say bottom three because with the rule change Gendron often rosters an extra defensemen for his extra skater.

I do not know who may leave early. But usually Maine loses a defenseman early each year. And probably another one for some sort of other issue.

But I am hoping this crew improves down the stretch of hockey east games, and Swayman stays for next season. Then the defense could look quite solid. But this is a lot of optimism if you have followed Maine’s struggles the last several seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  For projected incoming recruits BHall44 keeps a spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1737200132

Unfortunately, last season we had a few defensemen leave early. Keeper left early for two way nhl/ahl contract. Holway left early due to personal issue to be closer to home. Binner left early to play pro hockey in his native homeland overseas.

The defense is fairly young and has not many games under their belt as you would normally expect. However, they have been decent in my opinion. The additions of Sirota and Greenway were great. The other new additions have been decent, but some mistakes here and there. Then Spicer has been overall good. He was a player that didn’t get much ice time in previous seasons. He is also a great scholar and that should be mentioned.

So I expect the top 4 are set in stone for next season. And competition would be for the bottom three spots. I say bottom three because with the rule change Gendron often rosters an extra defensemen for his extra skater.

I do not know who may leave early. But usually Maine loses a defenseman early each year. And probably another one for some sort of other issue.

But I am hoping this crew improves down the stretch of hockey east games, and Swayman stays for next season. Then the defense could look quite solid. But this is a lot of optimism if you have followed Maine’s struggles the last several seasons.
                  I actually agree that Red's D has been decent for the most part. I probably groaned more at Tim's.

Red's issue has been recruiting offensive talent. He hasn't done any of that.

Comment

None of them are on track to graduate this coming offseason, so barring early departures they could return all their current D. They are also on track to bring in only one freshman D I believe, Tim Gould, but by most accounts he's a good piece. As far as early departures go, barring something out of left field I would bet only Greenway has a shot of leaving early. I don't see any of the others being ready to leave school.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                      None of them are on track to graduate this coming offseason, so barring early departures they could return all their current D. They are also on track to bring in only one freshman D I believe, Tim Gould, but by most accounts he's a good piece. As far as early departures go, barring something out of left field I would bet only Greenway has a shot of leaving early. I don't see any of the others being ready to leave school.
                      Kyle Kawamura, a '99 OA who would therefore have to come in for 2020-21, has been playing d in recent times and is listed as a dman on his current team, NJ Rockets NCDC:

https://www.usphl.com/view#/player/8.../kyle-kawamura

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                        Kyle Kawamura, a '99 OA who would therefore have to come in for 2020-21, has been playing d in recent times and is listed as a dman on his current team, NJ Rockets NCDC:

https://www.usphl.com/view#/player/8.../kyle-kawamura
                        Rumour is another dman will be committing before the CJHL top prospects game that was being heavily recruited out of AJHL

Comment

Rumour is another dman will be committing before the CJHL top prospects game that was being heavily recruited out of AJHL
                          The only uncommitted player in prospects game from ajhl is Kabore Dunn, so I assume you mean him. Looks good.

https://youtu.be/B64C7mqZd-c

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            The only uncommitted player in prospects game from ajhl is Kabore Dunn, so I assume you mean him. Looks good.

https://youtu.be/B64C7mqZd-c
                            That is correct I think it will be announced at the game is what I have heard

Comment

• https://www.mymcmurray.com/2020/01/10/oil-barons-dunn-commits-to-the-university-of-maine/

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                https://www.mymcmurray.com/2020/01/10/oil-barons-dunn-commits-to-the-university-of-maine/
                                If he's on the Central Scouting list and feels like he has a shot to go in the Draft that's a good sign. Looks like another solid D pickup.

Comment

Working...
                                X