Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 182

Thread: #8 NU @ #2 BU...For A Trip to the Garden

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,801

    #8 NU @ #2 BU...For A Trip to the Garden

    Lets go! This thread better be a lot better than the NU/UConn thread I made a week ago. Which BU team will show up? The one who didn't show up against Harvard in the Beanpot final or the one who was dominant against Notre Dame last Saturday? And for NU, I'm confident they'll score (now 3 or more goals scored in 14 straight games and 20 of 21) but will Ruck be good enough to win twice on the road?
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS


    MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Lets go! This thread better be a lot better than the NU/UConn thread I made a week ago. Which BU team will show up? The one who didn't show up against Harvard in the Beanpot final or the one who was dominant against Notre Dame last Saturday? And for NU, I'm confident they'll score (now 3 or more goals scored in 14 straight games and 20 of 21) but will Ruck be good enough to win twice on the road?
    Dominant against ND?....ummmm ok

  3. #3
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    45,017

    Re: #8 NU @ #2 BU...For A Trip to the Garden

    terriors have no shot. the nu top line is nhl ready. prolly see the red headed stepchildren win 17-1 or 17-2.

    please have mercy on mookie' soul

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,801
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    terriors have no shot. the nu top line is nhl ready. prolly see the red headed stepchildren win 17-1 or 17-2.

    please have mercy on mookie' soul
    Ha. It's cute you think you're gonna score against the brick wall that is Ryan Ruck.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: #8 NU @ #2 BU...For A Trip to the Garden

    Cronin and Parker should be honorary guests in the handshake line and start yelling at each other for old times sake.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    7,095

    Re: #8 NU @ #2 BU...For A Trip to the Garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Cronin and Parker should be honorary guests in the handshake line and start yelling at each other for old times sake.
    I'd like to see a reenactment of Parker stuffing the guy with the megaphone.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,412
    I'd like to see a Surge bottle or 3 come out for old time's sake.. c'mon Huskies.. give us reason.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    7,095

    Re: #8 NU @ #2 BU...For A Trip to the Garden

    Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    I'd like to see a Surge bottle or 3 come out for old time's sake.. c'mon Huskies.. give us reason.
    Amazon now sells Surge again, just in cans though so I don't think it is the same effect. Agganis sells Aquafina in bottles so you can toss those.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brighton, MA
    Posts
    1,367

    Re: #8 NU @ #2 BU...For A Trip to the Garden

    Cutting spring break in NY short to come back and see the Saturday game, can't make Friday due to travel. But no way in hell I'm missing this
    "Never tell me the odds"

    https://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    ..Agganis sells Aquafina in bottles so you can toss those.
    ..like you said, its not the same effect.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,412
    In all seriousness, if Ruck can keep it respectable.. will make for a heck of couple gms. Need him to step up. Especially gm 1 as that will dictate the wknd. Big if.. though.
    Having said that.. Go Huskies!

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    260

    Re: #8 NU @ #2 BU...For A Trip to the Garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Which BU team will show up? The one who didn't show up against Harvard in the Beanpot final or the one who was dominant against Notre Dame last Saturday?
    Aren't those both the same team, though? One that was dominant and one that did not show up against Harvard? The one that DID show up for Harvard would be the other BU team, and I can understand your concern there.

  13. #13
    Super Serial
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Back to Comm. Ave
    Posts
    3,302

    Re: #8 NU @ #2 BU...For A Trip to the Garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Cronin and Parker should be honorary guests in the handshake line and start yelling at each other for old times sake.
    Cronin? I think everyone would pay to see another Parker-Saponari handshake line.
    \_(ツ)_/

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
    Aren't those both the same team, though? One that was dominant and one that did not show up against Harvard? The one that DID show up for Harvard would be the other BU team, and I can understand your concern there.
    Right around the BC weekend I thought BU was the best team in HE and a top 3 team in the country. 2 weeks later they got swept by Merrimack. Certainly a Jekyll and Hyde team and here's hoping we get them at their Hyde-iest this weekend.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,801
    Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Cronin? I think everyone would pay to see another Parker-Saponari handshake line.
    Only if Party Like a Puckstar is blasting through the Agganis speakers.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,545

    Re: #8 NU @ #2 BU...For A Trip to the Garden

    I expect this to go 3. NU has a lead in game 3 and then Ryan Ruck soils himself. Followed by some kind of tantrum from mad dog madigan near the end of the game.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: #8 NU @ #2 BU...For A Trip to the Garden

    Game 2 was just picked up by ASN/NESN. Good thing, because I didn't want to pay $90 in tickets if it goes 3 games.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS


    MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

  18. #18
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    30,541

    Re: #8 NU @ #2 BU...For A Trip to the Garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Game 2 was just picked up by ASN/NESN. Good thing, because I didn't want to pay $90 in tickets if it goes 3 games.
    I don't want to hear anything from any NU fan that comments/badmouths attendance from BU this weekend when one of your guys posts that he's rather watch from home.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,407

    Re: #8 NU @ #2 BU...For A Trip to the Garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    I don't want to hear anything from any NU fan that comments/badmouths attendance from BU this weekend when one of your guys posts that he's rather watch from home.
    Have you watched the streams of their games at Matthews without BU or BC there. Lower Bowl 20% full
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 20(19ish?)



    Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    And I'd be giving BJ's to any kid
    RIP KRoy4Hobey, Gr8Sk8M8(?), BUtogether(?)

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    I don't want to hear anything from any NU fan that comments/badmouths attendance from BU this weekend when one of your guys posts that he's rather watch from home.
    I'll be there Friday! I just can't afford to keep paying whatever a "facilities fee" is in addition to the "event fee".
    And that criticism ship kinda sailed last weekend when the UCONN games were played in front of close family and friends.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •