• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2017 off-season thread

That makes sense . Thanks Bill.

Comment

Here is a write up about Mitens from Chris over at SBN College Hockey.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2017...-draft-profile

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        My best guess at this point is 8 new players; it's possible there could be more. In goal, we'll have Roman Bengert and Mareks Mitens. On D, we'll have Tyler Anderson, Lukas Kalble, William Riedell and Steven Ruggiero. At forward, we'll have Chase Gamelin and Yuki Miura. If there are any additions, I think it would be at forward.

I don't think we've received an NLI from Miura yet, unless it's come in very recently. He's from Japan, played a couple of seasons of junior hockey in the Czech Republic, and played in the USHL this past season. I suspect it's taking longer than anticipated for all his paperwork (transcripts) to come in so he can sign his NLI. Ruggiero won't be eligible to play until the second semester. He previously played a season plus at Providence and then finished out last season in the USHL.
        looks like what I have penciled in.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Looks like Joe Shawhan will be the new coach at MTU. Official announcement is tomorrow morning.

Comment

Noah Lalonde has committed to LSSU, per MIHockeyNow.com

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
              Noah Lalonde has committed to LSSU, per MIHockeyNow.com
              Probably for 2 seasons out unless the coaches feel he is ready and they can work into the mix this season scholarship wise. He is a one time Michigan State commit.

Hey herbst20, if you hear any word about Owen Guy going back to Cedar Rapids next season, let us know. I think he had shoulder surgery around the Christmas holidays. The coaches like to take a players preferences into consideration but I think they are hoping he will go back to Cedar Rapids for next season prior to joining the Lakers.
              Last edited by Bill; 05-30-2017, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                Probably for 2 seasons out unless the coaches feel he is ready and they can work into the mix this season scholarship wise. He is a one time Michigan State commit.

Hey herbst20, if you hear any word about Owen Guy going back to Cedar Rapids next season, let us know. I think he had shoulder surgery around the Christmas holidays. The coaches like to take a players preferences into consideration but I think they are hoping he will go back to Cedar Rapids for next season prior to joining the Lakers.
                He is not on the camp list for this up coming weekend, but he didnt come to the 1st camp last year either. He came to the August camp. I will keep you informed on any LSSU recruits I can.

Speaking of that, Michael Mannara was in Muskegon camp this past weekend and made the all star team. He was invited by Cedar Rapids as well.I will let you know if he shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                  He is not on the camp list for this up coming weekend, but he didnt come to the 1st camp last year either. He came to the August camp. I will keep you informed on any LSSU recruits I can.

Speaking of that, Michael Mannara was in Muskegon camp this past weekend and made the all star team. He was invited by Cedar Rapids as well.I will let you know if he shows.
                  Patrick Kyte is another Laker D commit who may wind up in the USHL this coming season.

Comment

Although the Elite Prospects website projected Noah LaLonde as a 2018-19 commit, the Omaha Lancers website seems to indicate that he will be joining the Lakers this coming season. Assuming that is correct, the Laker coaches are likely trying to establish better balance among the classes; that will give us 3 forwards in the incoming freshman class.

Comment

Luke Morgan put a cryptic post on Instagram last night thanking his teammates for a great year. Wished them best of luck in the future. I heard rumors he was leaving LSSU and this just adds to it

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                        Luke Morgan put a cryptic post on Instagram last night thanking his teammates for a great year. Wished them best of luck in the future. I heard rumors he was leaving LSSU and this just adds to it
                        I've heard things both ways; he's leaving, he's staying. It would be a big loss if he doesn't return to the Lakers.

Comment

I just looked up the post. Sounds pretty clear that he isn't going to be back, and that was the rumor shortly after the season started.

But I'm sure anything can happen. You've got to imagine that the coaches are going to try everything they can to keep him around.
                          LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            I've heard things both ways; he's leaving, he's staying. It would be a big loss if he doesn't return to the Lakers.

He's gone. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at Michigan.
                            "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Michael Mannara is in Cedar Rapids camp

Comment

Michael Mannara is in Cedar Rapids camp
                                The Lakers will have 3 Senior D-men this coming season. Mannara is projected to be one the replacements for those 3 guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X