X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Thank you, Coach, for leading our team with integrity, energy and passion. Thank you for forming a culture that reached beyond the ice to the classroom and the community. You were a great representative of RPI in our community. Best wishes to you and your family in the future. And best wishes to the team in everything you do.

Comment

Today is 7 March 2017. There are 208 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by HighlanderRPI View Post
        Haven't posted in years - so what's going on this this thread?

OH LAWD!

1) Ralph Baer is still here (GOOD!)
        2) Seth Appert is not

Look on the bright side, so far, firing the coach has worked for the Bruins
        Given what happened this past year, we can't really go much lower.

Welcome back, no matter how long the stay.

Comment

Haven't posted in years - so what's going on this this thread?

Look on the bright side, so far, firing the coach has worked for the Bruins
          And the Canadians!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

"Hundreds"... that's kind of a shot I think. Clearly he made a lot of friends along the way. He didn't make a lot of hockey players better though. He probably belongs in some type of USA hockey role as his strengths appear to be on the spin side. Gonna miss our "frozen four" quality offense he delivered this season.

Comment

......Look on the bright side, so far, firing the coach has worked for the Bruins
              Didn't work for Maine. It's been 4 years and each year is worse. I hope it works out much better for RPI.

Comment

I hope RPI hires a coach with successful Head Coaching experience. I know there are fewer such available candidates and they can be pricier but hiring unproven assistants hasn't worked for the last two hires.

Comment

The biggest thing I ask for, and I'm sure the AD will be happy to do this given this move... no more lengthy contracts. There needs to be some form of accountability without too hefty of a price tag. We got screwed over by Knowlton's extension to 20-21, and we are still paying for it.

Comment

BEN BARR! And this is why...

1. RPI Alum
                    2. Recruited a National Championship team while he was assistant at Union
                    3. Recruited a National Championship team while he was assistant at Providence
                    4. Recruited a Western Michigan team that is now 4th pairwise before taking the Assistant job at UMass.

The "Barr-Effect" has been clearly exhibited.

Comment

Originally posted by Section5forLife View Post

1. RPI Alum
                      4. Recruited a Western Michigan team that is now 4th pairwise before taking the Assistant job at UMass.

We had a "recruiter" for 11 years. How do we know he's a good bench coach?

Comment

1. RPI Alum

These are the very reasons why I think UMass will be moving up the standings in the next two years.

Comment

My paths crossed with Seth and one of his assistants, Bryan Vines, on several occasions. Both were/are class acts. Hockey needs men like these in the sport. I hope he lands soon.

Comment

Yes! I see no reason why the trend won't continue in UMass.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              We had a "recruiter" for 11 years. How do we know he's a good bench coach?
                              Fair point, but I'll take my chances. How did Denver know Montgomery was a great bench boss? You just have to go by their laurels and make an educated decision. Barr has coached alongside 2 national championship winning coaches, one of which is arguably the best coach in college hockey. He has made connections in recruiting circles all over North America and spent last season in Mass., a hockey "hotbed" where Appert had zero luck recruiting.
                              Last edited by Section5forLife; 03-07-2017, 09:36 AM.

Comment

1. RPI Alum

I agree that he is a worthy choice. But can he serve coffee at Dunkin' Donuts?

Comment

Working...
                                X