X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Losing a leading scorer is a pretty normal thing and assuming that no one leaves early we have a good returning group of forwards. Hopefully Burgess returns to full strength. (Has anyone heard about him?) The four freshmen we are expecting should also be able to contribute.

Personally I think that Reno will be a loss also but if neither Prapavessis nor Wilson leave and Grant returns to form we should talent there. It is still in my opinion not clear which recruits among Babichuk, Cho, Harris, and Tuliara are coming. As I have written several times I would be very surprised if there are 12 defensemen on the roster.

Lastly, Linden Marshall should be an able first back up to Perry and his eventual replacement. He has put up good numbers in the BCHL, probably the most offensive minded league which we recruit from.

Lastly #2 At this point I hope for more than a home playoff series. I definitely hope for a trip to LP in March.
    Praps doesn't impress me at all, and from what I saw this year, the play looks like it's for the name on the back. He's sticking around. I don't see Wilson as a flight risk, either, given all the penalties and missed assignments we saw this year.

Hopefully we can get forwards that can actually hit the net.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Praps doesn't impress me at all, and from what I saw this year, the play looks like it's for the name on the back. He's sticking around. I don't see Wilson as a flight risk, either, given all the penalties and missed assignments we saw this year.

If Praps and Wilson both stay, which I agree is likely, what do you think will happen on D? The others are Bell, Grant, Moore, Samec, Reilly, Manley, Cho, Babichuk, Tuliara, and Harris. Of the four at the end, Harris must be a 2017 arrival due to his age. The others still have junior eligibility left.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If Praps and Wilson both stay, which I agree is likely, what do you think will happen on D? The others are Bell, Grant, Moore, Samec, Reilly, Manley, Cho, Babichuk, Tuliara, and Harris. Of the four at the end, Harris must be a 2017 arrival due to his age. The others still have junior eligibility left.
        Of those listed that have played: Left side has Praps, Wilson, Manley, Moore, Bell; Right side has Reilly, Samec, Grant. Harris has to come in, that makes another LD. If we bring in another, I would say Tuliara. Either that, or 1 or 2 of the left liners train to play right side, because Reno was a RD. Although it looks like Praps did play RD a few times, so that may what we're looking for, and we defer the others.

Comment

Of those listed that have played: Left side has Praps, Wilson, Manley, Moore, Bell; Right side has Reilly, Samec, Grant. Harris has to come in, that makes another LD. If we bring in another, I would say Tuliara. Either that, or 1 or 2 of the left liners train to play right side, because Reno was a RD. Although it looks like Praps did play RD a few times, so that may what we're looking for, and we defer the others.
          Certainly possible, but from past history SA does not seem to care about L vs. R. Of Tuliara, Babichuk, and Cho, I would be surprised if Cho doesn't come since he already deferred once and is having a good year in Georgetown. I also would like to see Tuliara spend a year in the states before arriving, but that does not mean he won't come.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I totally agree with your statement on the forwards. I have never seen a team miss the net as often as these guys. None of them seem to think that you can score off a rebound, so they try the perfect shot and miss the net.
            As for Praps, you missed the boat. Watch the other four engineers when Praps gets the puck in the offensive zone. They stand around and watch him. If they would move and give him someone to pass to, he would love that. And we would have a lot more scoring opportunities.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

M P has some offensive skills but he is a liability on Defense. He is slow misses assignments and was way over minus twenty on a plus minus scale with the plus being good and the minus not good. Wilson devito and wood also had over minus twenty. I know the whole team was bad but these players are veterans . Was this the weakest senior class in a while?

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                I totally agree with your statement on the forwards. I have never seen a team miss the net as often as these guys. None of them seem to think that you can score off a rebound, so they try the perfect shot and miss the net.
                As for Praps, you missed the boat. Watch the other four engineers when Praps gets the puck in the offensive zone. They stand around and watch him. If they would move and give him someone to pass to, he would love that. And we would have a lot more scoring opportunities.
                And if he would actually pass the darn puck, maybe I wouldn't have to make the statement that was made.

Comment

Certainly possible, but from past history SA does not seem to care about L vs. R. Of Tuliara, Babichuk, and Cho, I would be surprised if Cho doesn't come since he already deferred once and is having a good year in Georgetown. I also would like to see Tuliara spend a year in the states before arriving, but that does not mean he won't come.
                  Big difference between dexterity and playing the position, mind you.

Comment

Big difference between dexterity and playing the position, mind you.
                    it's always about skating, speed and skill......or lack of!

Comment

LGR - Optimistic next year we won't lead ECAC in penalties and we will win face offs. The 3 senior forwards had 25% of the penalty minutes. Looking for home ice next year.

Comment

... At this point I hope for more than a home playoff series. I definitely hope for a trip to LP in March.
                        Ralph, I'm with you.

Comment

Today is 6 March 2017. There are 209 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

And if he would actually pass the darn puck, maybe I wouldn't have to make the statement that was made.
                            Let me repeat myself. If he had someone to pass to, he would. The games are available, watch his teammates stand around instead of going to open areas. It is a joke. It is also the system. Just sayin'
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Today is 6 March 2017. There are 209 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                              no offense Ralph, but I hate these are going on so early in the year.
                              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                                no offense Ralph, but I hate these are going on so early in the year.
                                Me too, but it has been that early in many recent years.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X