X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

It's a great day for hockey!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    It's a great day for hockey!
    Yes it is.

Thanks for starting the thread. Replying for the green arrow!
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Yes it is.

Thanks for starting the thread. Replying for the green arrow!
      Historically there has been a lot griping about the title, Vol X or XIV or whatever, hence the hesitation, but I don't know if those folks are still poking around this forum or not anymore. At least MCR gave me old approval, so it's all his fault if people don't like it.

UW needs the sweep against a supposedly inferior team. I'll check some stats at lunch, maybe I won't be quite so iffy on the matchup as I feel now.

Comment

A few stats....UW averages a goal a game more than UM, shocking I know, 3.62/2.65 Goals against UW 3.31 UM 3.19....PP 22% UW, 20% UM.....PK 87% UW, 81% UM.

I feel good about UW after reading Milewski's article, sounds like they ramped up the one on one and small area work, so hopefully UW wins more small battle and then win the games.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
          We are up to 232 votes, good for 17th place in the poll
          RPI continues to climb, up to 15
          PWR also climbing, up to 15
          Team O, 3.71 - 6th
          Team D, 3.12 - 41st
          PP, 28/133 21.05% - 11th
          PK, 97/111 87.4% - 6th
          Well...last weekend kind of sucked...
          We are down to 88 votes, good for 20th place in the poll
          RPI drops to 21
          PWR also drops to 21
          Team O, 3.62 - 7th
          Team D, 3.31 - 48th
          PP, 31/142 21.83% - 11th
          PK, 102/117 87.2% - 3rd

Looking to this weekend, we get the "Ugly Helmets" from Ann Arbor
          Unranked
          RPI at 41
          PWR at 41
          Team O, 2.65 - 41st
          Team D, 3.19 - 43rd
          PP, 21/105 20.00% - 17th
          PK, 107/132 81.1% - 40th

At first glance, both teams are poor at keeping the biscuit out of the basket...but Wisconsin has been scoring more goals. So that should lead to a good weekend for Bucky.

The key barometer is again going to be scoring early and often. Wisconsin in 8-0-0 when leading after 1 and and 10-3-1 when leading after 2; Michigan is 0-7-0 when trailing after 1 and 1-8-0 when trailing after 2. This could get tricky though...the first period is Wisconsin's lowest goal total and Michigan's highest goal total, flip that around in the 2nd when Wisconsin scores most of their goals and Michigan scores their least.

Wisconsin and Michigan have some interesting similarities:
          Neither has a #1 GK. Wisconsin has been splitting pretty equally between Berry and Jurusik, while Michigan has been rotating between Lavigne, Naglevoort, and LaFontaine.
          Both have underclassmen leading the team in points per game. Wisconsin has Frederic (Fr) with 1.30 and Kunin (So) with 1.16 and Michigan has Marody (So) at 0.90 and Slaker (Fr) at 0.73

On paper, Wisconsin should have a pretty good shot at getting at least 4 points this weekend, but it would be fantastic to see them get all 6.

Comment

First time poster, long time reader.

Going to the game tomorrow and it looks like it's gonna be a big crowd on hand which is great to see after the lackluster series against Penn State. Big opportunity to get back on track this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Historically there has been a lot griping about the title, Vol X or XIV or whatever, hence the hesitation, but I don't know if those folks are still poking around this forum or not anymore. At least MCR gave me old approval, so it's all his fault if people don't like it.

UW needs the sweep against a supposedly inferior team. I'll check some stats at lunch, maybe I won't be quite so iffy on the matchup as I feel now.
              My name is MadCityRich and I approve that message. You can save me a spot on your Muskie Ship this summer for the endorsement.

I feel very good about this weekend. Like I posted earlier, I don't think the players and coaches liked that taste in their mouths last week. I expect a nice turn-around.

*I wish I could post some pictures. I found some I took at the Coliseum in 1984 (Badgers vs. 1984 Team USA), and some from a pre-season NHL game at the Coliseum in 1988, Blackhawks and Flames.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Anybody see the report on Gopher Illustrated that the Big Ten will go after NoDak for hockey this summer? Apparently it's a paid subscription article so I don't have a link. It's also mentioned that if ND declines, they would go after Duluth or Omaha.

Personally, I think bringing in ND is best case scenario for the big ten.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                  Anybody see the report on Gopher Illustrated that the Big Ten will go after NoDak for hockey this summer? Apparently it's a paid subscription article so I don't have a link. It's also mentioned that if ND declines, they would go after Duluth or Omaha.

Thoughts?
                  I agree. After all, if they can bring in "the other" ND, why not the "real" ND? I'm all in for UMD which would make 9, then how about another MN school or UNO?

I don't see IL, IN, NW, IA, Purdue, etc going with D-1 hockey, so why not go out of conference for more? I'm still an old fart in favor of the old WCHA, but it's not going to happen. How about a real 10 team Big Ten Hockey Conference?
                  Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-17-2017, 04:07 PM.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Thoughts?
                    Love to see it, but I just don't think it would happen. If UND leaves, that could mean NCHC would be on the decline and lead to another college hockey shakeup which no one wants to see if it was anything like the last one.

Comment

Thoughts?
                      I'd LOVE to see nodak make the jump, then Duluth, then Denver, then CC, then tech and nmu then boot tosu, msu, psu and michigan😈😈😈😈
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                        I'd LOVE to see nodak make the jump, then Duluth, then Denver, then CC, then tech and nmu then boot tosu, msu, psu and michigan��������
                        Hey.... wait a minute... I recognize that conference....

AND LOVE IT!
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                          Love to see it, but I just don't think it would happen. If UND leaves, that could mean NCHC would be on the decline and lead to another college hockey shakeup which no one wants to see if it was anything like the last one.
                          It actually might be good for college hockey - could allow for the reconstitution of the CCHA (Northern, Lake, Ferris, Western, Miami, Bowling Green, Huntsville, Fairbanks, Robert Morris?); and WCHA (Arizona St, Denver, CC, Omaha, Mankato, SCSU, Bemidji, Duluth, Tech, Anchorage) - that gets those Michigan/Ohio and Minnesota schools back together, and splits the Alaska travel burdens. I'm not sure I see it happening though. If you're North Dakota, do you want to do it for hockey only - considering you could be bounced in the future if other B1G schools add hockey? Or are you happy being a power and keeping Denver & Duluth as rivals in another conference?

The Big Ten really only needs 1 more team at most anyway. After that, you're not playing an equal round robin. I'd argue that 7 teams, 6x4 = 24 conference, and 10 non-con is a perfect schedule anyway.

Comment

Not the prettiest of wins but it counts the same. Looking for a better effort tomorrow and can Grant Besse please find the back of the net!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              I'd LOVE to see nodak make the jump, then Duluth, then Denver, then CC, then tech and nmu then boot tosu, msu, psu and michigan😈😈😈😈
                              solovsfett: Making college hockey great again!

8th B6 team....I'm just not a UNO fan, but geographically it makes sense as it's in the B6 footprint, whereas the sue are not, but obviously the sue are an iconic program, so what's not to like? The old wcha people feel that connection, to them, but what about the old ccha teams? For the record, I am getting excited about nd joining next year.

Awesome to see the lads close out UM like they did. I love when a games goes from nail-biter to frozen treat in the span of a few minutes. I actually had a small dish of ice cream when it was 3-2, I knew what was coming, I have the power supreme.

Comment

Working...
                              X