Minnesota @ Wisconsin: 1/20 & 1/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin: 1/20 & 1/21

Looks like we're heading into a border battle weekend. I'd be remiss if I didn't remind people the Gophers have a better athletics program than Wisconsin. We've won the border battle 7 of the last 8 years http://www.gophersports.com/ot/border-battle.html and won 9 straight border battle games this year http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...010717aac.html heading into this weekend.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      I might be in the minority of Gopher fans but I liked it when FSN brought in Sagissor to tag team with the hometown broadcast crew. I enjoyed his enthusiasm and never felt it was an over the top homer.
      I always thought Sagissor had one of the cheesiest broadcasting voices when watching the Badgers games on satellite, like he belonged on an FM morning radio show.
      Gooooooooood Morningggggggggggg Madison.

It appears he is a very successful professional businessman now.

Comment

The Montagues and Capulets are fighting it out, and we Olsons are just happy there will be blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          I can't necessarily argue with that one. I don't know anything about the rodent goaltending situation other than they always suck. I think G2O will have Berry and Jurusik each start a game. Jurusik makes me very nervous but he's more athletic than Berry, who is more consistent. I'd go with Berry for both.
          Yep, they always suck.....
          Wilcox: '13-'14 B1G First Team, B1G Player of the Year, and a Hobey Baker Award finalist. Was a top 6 goaltender in the country his freshman season('12-'13) back in those WCHA days that everyone seems to pine for.
          Schierhorn: '15-'16 B1G First Team & Goaltender of the Year

Schierhorn has struggled this year(thankfully not as much of late) for sure but he was their best player a year ago. I'd agree with you that the Gophers had their fair share of goaltending issues before Wilcox, but you're selling these two guys short in saying that the goaltending situation "always sucks".....
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            Looks like we're heading into a border battle weekend. I'd be remiss if I didn't remind people the Gophers have a better athletics program than Wisconsin. We've won the border battle 7 of the last 8 years http://www.gophersports.com/ot/border-battle.html and won 9 straight border battle games this year http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...010717aac.html heading into this weekend.
            If you take hockey out of the picture, I would rather win the football game and lose every single other matchup than win the scored Border Battle.

Comment

Comment

Word has it becky doesn't play that horrible 1-4 forecheck and trap crapola anymore. Any truth to this rumor?

Can becky actually skate with the Gophers?

How much thinner will be consumed before the series? How much after?

So many good questions to be answered...

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                  Yep, they always suck.....
                  Wilcox: '13-'14 B1G First Team, B1G Player of the Year, and a Hobey Baker Award finalist. Was a top 6 goaltender in the country his freshman season('12-'13) back in those WCHA days that everyone seems to pine for.
                  Schierhorn: '15-'16 B1G First Team & Goaltender of the Year

Schierhorn has struggled this year(thankfully not as much of late) for sure but he was their best player a year ago. I'd agree with you that the Gophers had their fair share of goaltending issues before Wilcox, but you're selling these two guys short in saying that the goaltending situation "always sucks".....
                  He's a Becky fan, logic is wasted....

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                    He's a Becky fan - he is wasted....
                    fyp

Or I can leave it as is:

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                    He's a Becky fan, logic is wasted....
                    ...but paint thinner never is.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      Yep, they always suck..... you're selling these two guys short in saying that the goaltending situation "always sucks".....
                      Selling them short? They sold themselves short when they signed the letter of intent w/tDon.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Selling them short? They sold themselves short when they signed the letter of intent w/tDon.
                        That's rich.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

If your opponent's goaltending is as bad as you state, then your offense must be even worse when you consider all those games you've lost over the years.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Get your supplies while they last becky fans.

Comment

SanDopez to ignore list. Check.

Twice a year he comes out of mommy's basement and posts the same old pictures from last year and the year before that.....
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                SanDopez to ignore list. Check.

Twice a year he comes out of mommy's basement and posts the same old pictures from last year and the year before that.....
                                I'm sure he is just heartbroken LOL!

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X