Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,955

    Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

    Today's plans got scuttled so we find ourselves in Mankato in time to see them take on The Lions. First surprise is that it is"dad's day" and all fathers get in free. 20 minutes to puck drop and i count the crowd at 23; maybe they are like the Gopher mens fans and not show up before5 minutes into the first

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,955
    2-0 Lions end of 1. SOG 5-3 You might think that indicates a real defensive battle but that would ignore the offense's many contributions to keeping the numbers down.

    Both teams had power plays that didn't produce a goal. lindenwood broke through on the pp with a shot that hit traffic out front bounced up and over the goalie. .

    .

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    2-0 Lions end of 1. SOG 5-3 You might think that indicates a real defensive battle but that would ignore the offense's many contributions to keeping the numbers down.

    Both teams had power plays that didn't produce a goal. lindenwood broke through on the pp with a shot that hit traffic out front bounced up and over the goalie. .

    .
    Odd I typed words between those periods and the page knows what they are but won't display them.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

    Syracuse was up 1-0 on UND after one.

    After 2 Syracuse up 2-0. UND controlled play most of the period despite being outshot. Didn't create any good scoring chances until Syracuse scored their second goal. Good execution by Syracuse to score after really bad turnover by UND behind their own goal line.

    After that UND had some decent chances but couldn't put it in.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,955
    4-1 end of 2. Both offenses looked better but the Mavs just couldn't finish many chances.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

    Defensive breakdown by Quinnipiac leads to breakaway goal by Merrimack.

    Tied 1-1 with 6:30 to play in the game.

    SOG 38-11 Qunni

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

    Quinni-Merrimack going to OT

    Shoot out if needed after 5 minutes because of Nutmeg Classic tourney game.

    Syracuse ENG to win 3-0.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

    Merrimack too many men on ice with 1:30 left in OT
    Bobcats apply ton of pressure on PP but cannot score.

    Merrimack 1- Quinnipiac 1 final. (SOG 44-12)

    Nutmeg Classic shootout won by Merrimack 2-0.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,405

    Re: Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

    the mighty WCHA has a perfect record so far this weekend

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,955
    .
    Last edited by ne7minder; 11-25-2016 at 04:56 PM.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,935
    If Haaavad and Cornell can pull huge upsets it will be a sweep of the WCHA by eastern teams today. I don't see those two upsets happening but I also didn't think Syracuse would beat UND either. Neither team could get to 20 shots on goal. 3 goals on just 16 shots for Syracuse. If you think that's good, Lindenwood scored 5 goals on only 18 shots against Mankato! Did Mankato have their goalies facing the right direction? Maybe the WCHA had too much turkey yesterday and they're still sleepy.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,455

    Re: Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

    I wish Lexie Shaw had played goal like that last week.

  13. #13
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    22,080

    Re: Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    I wish Lexie Shaw had played goal like that last week.
    Lexie Shaw had no chance on the first goal, little chance on the second, and the third was empty net. She wasn't UND's problem.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,955

    Re: Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    If Haaavad and Cornell can pull huge upsets it will be a sweep of the WCHA by eastern teams today. I don't see those two upsets happening but I also didn't think Syracuse would beat UND either. Neither team could get to 20 shots on goal. 3 goals on just 16 shots for Syracuse. If you think that's good, Lindenwood scored 5 goals on only 18 shots against Mankato! Did Mankato have their goalies facing the right direction? Maybe the WCHA had too much turkey yesterday and they're still sleepy.
    A couple were soft. One was particularly bad as the goalie did not keep a skate against the post and it was an easy push in from the side. A couple were just flukes. The 1st goal hit a bunch of people out front & popped up and over the minder.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,955

    Re: Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    I wish Lexie Shaw had played goal like that last week.
    The whole team was spent after putting everything on the ice last weekend. A team could do pretty good following the Gophers every weekend.

  16. #16
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,951

    Re: Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

    Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    The whole team was spent after putting everything on the ice last weekend.
    ahahahahahahaha

    You guys are great.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14


    Click here for the BC Interruption Projection, Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,455

    Re: Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

    I guess we're just back to North Dakota having the highest variance in its performances of any team in the country.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

    Cece playing goal again for Wisconsin

  19. #19
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    22,080

    Re: Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    I guess we're just back to North Dakota having the highest variance in its performances of any team in the country.
    Yeah, the F-Hawks are a hard-to-figure bunch. I do think that Syracuse looked pretty good and I think the Orange are better than their record. The WCHA has a bunch of teams that are in trouble once they fall behind. Depending on how UMD develops, it may just be Wisconsin and 7 other teams to fill out the league.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20832/20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    39,271

    Re: Weekend Scores. 11/25 - 12/1

    Bobbie Mo and Clarkson in OT
    And now the skills competition to decide it
    Clarkson wins shootout 2-1 in 5 rounds and game 4-3.
    Last edited by joecct; 11-25-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •