Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gender Studies I

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Not terrible, actually. There is occasional water weight, mood swings, cramping, and wanting to eat everything, but it's not so bad.

The only thing is I thought breasts would materialize and they didn't.

As for dosage, it depends on my endocrinologist. Currently on a 0.4 ml shot of synthetic estrogen once a week. And I take 100 mg dose of Progesterone as well.

The testosterone blockers will stop once I have an orchiectomy at least.
    Ok, thanks for sharing. Keep venting here whenever you need to. We may be neanderthals but we wish you the best.

Comment

Wish I could share the Beach Boys style-parody song I remember from a group called The Dan Orr Project when I was in high school "Little Jugs Need Lovin' Too".

Comment

Grab a cab, c'mon
        See the wizard on
        Park and 73rd
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Wish I could share the Beach Boys style-parody song I remember from a group called The Dan Orr Project when I was in high school "Little Jugs Need Lovin' Too".
          To paraphrase "Wedding Crashers:" Were they built for speed or comfort?
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by the rube View Post
            to paraphrase "wedding crashers:" were they built for speed or comfort? :d
            Could we please not reduce the Gender Studies thread to giggling about boobs kthxbai
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Could we please not reduce the Gender Studies thread to giggling about boobs kthxbai
              Lighten up, Francis.

A joke here and there won't derail anything.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Lighten up, Francis.
                Cornell University

Comment

In terms of my breasts, they're there. They might get bigger on their own, they might not. In the interim, I can either run marathons or have breasts. Can't have both right now.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

What I look like at 20 months. The smile certainly wasn't there 20 months ago.
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Re: Gender Studies I

Take those hands away Amber, you look just fine.

Please continue to do what makes you happy, and fcuk the haters.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Take those hands away Amber, you look just fine.

Please continue to do what makes you happy, and fcuk the haters.
                        I was showing off my nails. Aren't they pretty?

Comment

And right now, I'm working with two baby trans. They just came out and started coming to our group, so I'm trying to get them out in social settings (we were at Starbucks today), answer questions, and be there for them as much as I can. I know when I came out, I relied heavily on trans elders, asking questions, and having them get me out in social settings. In many ways, it feels like my trans elders protected me and helped me survive when I first came out and started hormones, so it's all I can do to pay it forward.

Comment

Not terrible, actually. There is occasional water weight, mood swings, cramping, and wanting to eat everything, but it's not so bad.
                            Those aren't side effects, those are just life as a female.

As for boobs, I had to gain a bunch of weight to grow them. You'll notice many female athletes and thin women are lacking in size there.
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              Those aren't side effects, those are just life as a female.

As for boobs, I had to gain a bunch of weight to grow them. You'll notice many female athletes and thin women are lacking in size there.
                              That's what my cis lady friends have told me. It's just daily life.

Also, I realize I can run marathons or have 38DD. I'll take the marathons.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                George Jefferson: "The trouble with you people is --"

Archie Bunker: "Whoa, stop right there. Us people aren't you people. You people are you people."
                                Where's the southern all-y'all fall in that spectrum?
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X