Gender Studies I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    It's a 2000-year old superstition, whaddya want, instant results?

Look at Europe, we'll get there. We're finally growing up. Not the Proles, they'll always need it as the solace of wage slaves. But everybody else. The Eastern Mystery Cult has just about run its course. And all it took was 100 years of universal literacy, go figure.
    The only one I'd still consider converting to is Buddhism, and even they have too many sticking points on the role of women and LGBTQ+ people.

Comment

• Re: Gender Studies I

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      The only one I'd still consider converting to is Buddhism, and even they have too many sticking points on the role of women and LGBTQ+ people.
      Yeah, full strength Buddhism is awful too. The intellectualized Buddhism that Nietzsche and Schopenhauer moped over has about the same relation to real practiced Buddhism as Emersonian Transcendentalism has to real practiced Christianity.

Once you personify the universe you're done. The only thing that gives meaning is us, and our naturalism -- even that hated "desire" we're supposed to renounce to find happiness -- is the only dasein. One does not become fully human by trying to turn into a plant.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There's a Higher Power, and we get along. That's about it. As the movie Dogma said, the factioning of religions, that what has God all riled up. Humans took an idea, and turned it into a belief (and screwed it all up).
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I wouldn't be so quick to blame religion as I would pure ignorance and poor upbringing. Roughly 90% of Filipinos identify as Catholic, and while the fed government is behind the times regarding LGBTQ laws, LGBTQs are not forced into hiding no matter how flamboyant some may be. I couldn't tell you how many trans I've had working for me, but also in general at my company. You regularly see it on local media, advertising, music and entertainment. This is not to say homophobia doesn't exist but there's a greater sense of "live and let live". Now God forbid you be from China, Korea,...

We used to toss around the term, "gay" in junior high like it was candy. For me at least it wasn't out of fear or because God told me to hate fags (even though I was a weekly churchgoer in those days) but because I was an idiot. I eventually grew up and luckily became friends over the years with many people from the community and have never looked back.
          Last edited by Slap Shot; 03-11-2020, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Saturday marks 2 years HRT for me. As long as it's respectful, you can ask me anything you want about the journey.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Things I have learned on hormones:

1. Water weight is a thing, regardless of how healthy one eats.

2. Don't be surprised if you crave weird things. When I first started HRT, I wanted asparagus and a huge bowl of velvety smooth mashed potatoes. I'm still waiting on this!

3. Supreme Cranky ***** can happen at any time and you cannot stop her. Do not apologize for Supreme Cranky *****; they'll never apologize for bringing her out!

4. Random crying jags are a thing, as is being more emotional.

5. I really do want to eat everything. I have leftover double chocolate muffins. **** right I'm going to have another one.

6. So called men who treat me as a fetish ("chasers") are the worst.

7. I really am getting by with a little help from my friends.

8. I was afraid cis women wouldn't want to be around me any more. As it turns out, 99.99% of them have been my sisters, Moms, Aunts...
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

“ While 72 percent of women say they have been adhering to health officials' guidance to avoid large public gatherings to curb the spread of the coronavirus, just 58 percent of men say they are following such guidance Meanwhile, 54 percent of women said they are very concerned about the virus compared with just 45 percent of men.”

https://thehill.com/changing-america...ealth-guidance

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  “ While 72 percent of women say they have been adhering to health officials' guidance to avoid large public gatherings to curb the spread of the coronavirus, just 58 percent of men say they are following such guidance Meanwhile, 54 percent of women said they are very concerned about the virus compared with just 45 percent of men.”

https://thehill.com/changing-america...ealth-guidance
                  That aligns with the M/F breakdowns of the parties.

It's not boy/girl that's dumb/smart, it's right/left.

Of course.

The problems in this country trace back to the same source. In 1980 the GOP became the party of stupid people. In 1994 it became the party of vicious people. And in 2016 it became the party of traitors.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 03-27-2020, 11:25 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That also probably aligns with M/F breakdowns of willingness to visit a doctor regularly and heed their advice.

Comment

That also probably aligns with M/F breakdowns of willingness to visit a doctor regularly and heed their advice.
                      No argument.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        No argument.
                        Agreed.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I am wondering if someone would read this and offer feedback. It's the start of a short story where an atheist trans woman of color becomes President.

Comment

People are people so why should it be?
                            Cornell University

Comment

No words for this...

Woman’s love for a chandelier deemed ‘not a sexual orientation’

https://flip.it/2srtRx
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                I am wondering if someone would read this and offer feedback. It's the start of a short story where an atheist trans woman of color becomes President.
                                Writing is one of the best things for anyone to do, and you have so much of value to say. Keep it up! My usual and, I think, best advice is the same we've all been getting since junior high: Show, don't tell. Illustrate (paint a picture of) the truth instead of spelling it out. It makes for a more compelling story.
                                As an example, consider a replacement of:
                                "She was an atheist, and with Evangelicals wanting to do away with freedom of religion, she couldn’t go out in public without someone asking her why she didn’t go to church. She couldn’t go out in public without someone calling her a sinner." etc...
                                with something like:
                                "Just as she stepped off the front stoop, a tall bearded man whose neck was weighed down by a huge polished chrome cross nearly knocked her down. 'Watch it, *****,' he snarled."
                                This way your story is developing while you're also filling in the background you want to get across.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X