X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gender Studies I

And about the "digital ink:"

1. The mere proposal of these bills hurts the LGBTQ community in ways you can't begin to think. As a trans person, it's not easy living knowing the government is actively trying to harm you or possibly kill you. I will happily let you put on my size 14 flats so you can put them on for a few minutes.

2. You all tell me "sunshine is a powerful disinfectant," so in some way, I'm glad these clowns are revealing themselves so we can get rid of them.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      From someone who is delightfully queer, the outrage is more that it was ever proposed in the first place.
      He's a Republican representing about 5 extremely rural counties from deep inside Steve King territory. If you're going to get upset everytime someone like him proposes something bigoted, you'll never have time to be happy and enjoy life.

If you want to be perpetually miserable and angry then go for it. But for your own sanity, I'd personally recommend a different course of action.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        2. You all tell me "sunshine is a powerful disinfectant," so in some way, I'm glad these clowns are revealing themselves so we can get rid of them.
        This. Give em enough rope.

It's also important to realize they didn't introduce this with the idea that it would become law (yet). It was the opposite of Virtue Signalling: it was Evil Signalling. They know their supporters get off on fantasies of revenge and violence against the people they fear. They were feeding their army of impotent bigots.

That is what conservatism has become. Fan service for incels, racists, phobes, and sociopaths.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          This. Give em enough rope.

It's also important to realize they didn't introduce this with the idea that it would become law (yet). It was the opposite of Virtue Signalling: it was Evil Signalling. They know their supporters get off on fantasies of revenge and violence against the people they fear. They were feeding their army of impotent bigots.

That is what conservatism has become. Fan service for incels, racists, phobes, and sociopaths.
          This is why I wholeheartedly encourage groups like One Million Moms (which is more like 42 moms at most) to keep making gigantic asses of themselves. And why I laugh when so-called Straight Pride events are dwarfed by counter-protest.

That being said, I do worry and voice my concern over bills preventing trans kids from receiving hormones and puberty blockers, such as recently proposed in South Dakota, Colorado, and Ohio.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

As for me...

Couldn't be any happier.

I mark 2 years on hormone replacement therapy March 14.

Currently writing two books, a memoir and an anthology of mostly transgender affirming fiction. With enough drive and focus, I can have both manuscripts done (including proofread and edited by 12/31). Currently putting my work on both Medium and Patreon. Felt if I could get paid for my writing, why the F not? Also, with Medium, I get paid more per read and view. Patreon is a paid subscription to my writing (minimum $5/month).

I have a job I love, and hope it becomes full time.

I restart my MSW March 30, and will graduate Summer 2022.

****, if you compare where I was two years ago to today... it's night and day. There is no comparison.

Comment

And ladies, he's single.*

* He is not single.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

* He is not single.
                Not interested in that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

* He is not single.
                  DON’T LINK THE SUN! (caps)

U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Idaho is pushing through its own Slate of Hate, including a bill that would jail doctors for life if they treat trans kids.

While this upsets me(why we're going after trans kids, I have no idea), I also know this news means Idaho is off my list of states I want to visit. Sunshine is the best disinfectant and all that.

Comment

Jail for life? Wow too bad Idaho doesn’t concentrate on their main hate export, white supremacy

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Jail for life? Wow too bad Idaho doesn’t concentrate on their main hate export, white supremacy
                        One thing I'm learning to do is figuring out when to speak up and when to fall back. I've asked in other groups "how do you speak up without losing your mind?"

Comment

One thing I'm learning to do is figuring out when to speak up and when to fall back. I've asked in other groups "how do you speak up without losing your mind?"
                          Will speaking your mind amount to anyone changing their mind, or is it a lost cause?
                          What is the long game? That will answer your question.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I've outed myself to the people who need to know at work. However, I'm running into an issue with a coworker. I'm working the front desk today before I get my client at 4:15, and:

Tech walks in with her client.

Me: Hi, I'm Miss Amber.
                            Client: Were you born a boy?
                            Me: slow to respond
                            Tech: That's inappropriate.

Tech steers conversation away. I go to one of my bosses (Center Coordinator) and tell her that made me sad. She says not to worry. Those who know, know, and there's no issue.

A few hours later, I'm with my client in the playroom. Tech is in there with her client. Client approaches and we talk about music and tattoos. Fine. Then the Tech goes "Miss... MR. Amber" and I cringe. Tech follows up by referring to me as "him," in which case I respond "HER."

As much as I want to say something harsh, I will try to have a conversation with her tomorrow in private.

Comment

I've outed myself to the people who need to know at work. However, I'm running into an issue with a coworker. I'm working the front desk today before I get my client at 4:15, and:

Tech walks in with her client.

Me: Hi, I'm Miss Amber.
                              Client: Were you born a boy?
                              Me: slow to respond
                              Tech: That's inappropriate.

Tech steers conversation away. I go to one of my bosses (Center Coordinator) and tell her that made me sad. She says not to worry. Those who know, know, and there's no issue.

A few hours later, I'm with my client in the playroom. Tech is in there with her client. Client approaches and we talk about music and tattoos. Fine. Then the Tech goes "Miss... MR. Amber" and I cringe. Tech follows up by referring to me as "him," in which case I respond "HER."

As much as I want to say something harsh, I will try to have a conversation with her tomorrow in private.
                              Keep it private with that person. No need to take it outside of that, unless the issue is not corrected.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Remember too that some people aren't mean they're just rock stupid.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X