• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesotans Arguing About the Weather III: Storm's a comin'

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    No heat island my a--ss.

From Jess Myers.
    The circle of trust.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Ha.

Snowblower started on the first pull. I can't remember, does that mean it's going to be a long or short winter?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Ha.

Snowblower started on the first pull. I can't remember, does that mean it's going to be a long or short winter?
        Depends if the rope saw its shadow. What color was the sunrise?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Ha.

Ace hardware made sure my tune up was done today. Just picked up some non oxygenated gas and am ready to rock

Comment

No heat island my a--ss.

From Jess Myers.
            My apt faces direct west. I'm on the 3rd floor. I dunno HOW many times I see a major storm coming in (mostly T-storms in summer) and sit on the balcony, and then:

"Sweet! Here it comes! Lovin' it! Wait......wha? You're f*ing going north side?! NO! I want the light show! *** are you doing?!"
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Ace hardware made sure my tune up was done today. Just picked up some non oxygenated gas and am ready to rock
              I just discovered a bunch of rust already forming on my snowblower. I think I’m going to bring it in and have it cleaned up after this year. I’d like it to last longer than five or six more years. I’ve only had it for that long. :-/
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I just discovered a bunch of rust already forming on my snowblower. I think I’m going to bring it in and have it cleaned up after this year. I’d like it to last longer than five or six more years. I’ve only had it for that long. :-/
                I have a pro tune it up every other year. Only Costs about $60 and gives me piece of mind. Mine is just a single stage toro so not very complicated

Comment

6 or 7 inches of heart attack snow in North MPLS. My little thrower did it fine, surprisingly. Got a little bogged down in the drifts but kept going. Just got this thing as a gift, only plan on using it in heavy stuff or if I have to clear it out quickly in the morning. I actually like shoveling.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

We had 4-5” in W St. Paul. I have a small driveway. Not a problem.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Bizzaro snow. Slushy on the ground. Instantly froze in the second stage of the snowblower. I’ve never seen it get stuffed or clogged. Today was close. The end of the driveway sh—t was pushing it.
                      Code:

Comment

Have you ever tried using a spray lubricant on the chute to keep it from clogging?
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It’s all plastic of some sort. Nothing has ever stuck to it until today.
                          Code:

Comment

Roads were a little slippery this morning. Had a normal commute (although holiday week prob had something to do with it). On the way home, all the roads were dry as a stone.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Snow, rain, freezing rain, that weird Seattle mist-y rain, rain, freezing rain, and now snow (since 10am). Driving was interesting today. That's what you get when the temp hovers between 30-33 degrees, I suppose.

Comment

Has more to do with the temperature at altitude. Been hovering between 30-35 in Duluth and it has been balls to the wall snow the entire time. Fun stuff.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X