Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech heads downstate to visit Yost for two

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    For parking you might consider parking in a downtown garage and walking down, or parking in the residential area east of Yost, if you can find a place.
    I'm hoping for a troll sighting.
    Ask and ye shall receive I'll be at both games. The athletic department offered up some free tickets for Friday, and I bought tickets through the alumni association for Saturday's game. Now if only I had a clue where to park! I'm expecting a couple of up and down fast paced games, if the refs will let them play. Tech will have to bring a better game than they did this past Saturday if they hope to win in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
      Nonsense. Michigan hockey season ticket holders will attend. The homecoming game vs. Illinois will be done by 7pm and students may or may not go to Yost. Women's soccer is not going to impede hockey fans either- all 2,000 or less that attend that typically do not go to Yost.
      And just how much of the arena is season ticket holders?

I don't speak for all but I know what I want to do after Football games. Calm down and drink at the tailgate. Last home game ended at 7:10ish.

Lest we forget that Volleyball has a match vs PSU at Cliff Keen that same night, which will also cut into attendance and congest the area even more.

Parking will be a ****ing nightmare, Tech fans. You have no chance in hell of parking anywhere by Yost that doesn't involve significant walking unless you're going to Football and are there all day. Old Ferry Field is getting bulldozed next winter to make way for parking.
      ---
      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
      19 Conference Championships
      10 Conference Tournament Championships
      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

I'm trying to figure out just how early to get to AA for the football game. It's been a while. I'm thinking I'll be there the the neighborhood of 1-1:30 for a 3:30 kickoff.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          I'm trying to figure out just how early to get to AA for the football game. It's been a while. I'm thinking I'll be there the the neighborhood of 1-1:30 for a 3:30 kickoff.
          That depends on where you want to park. For the most part, though, you should be fine- especially if you are parking to ALSO see the hockey game. It's the really close and congested areas that fill up really early.

If you are willing to walk- my street is just over a mile from both the stadium and Yost. And it rarely gets filled up. (the area just south of Stadium Blvd, between Packard and S Industrial)

But I also think the Burns Park area should be good too- north of Stadium Bvd, east of Packard. The distances seem to be a big illusion that blocks people from parking there- there are spots down Ann Arbor Saline that are PACKED but farther away. Perfect area if you want to do the double.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post

I don't speak for all but I know what I want to do after Football games. Calm down and drink at the tailgate. Last home game ended at 7:10ish.

Lest we forget that Volleyball has a match vs PSU at Cliff Keen that same night, which will also cut into attendance and congest the area even more.

Parking will be a ****ing nightmare, Tech fans. You have no chance in hell of parking anywhere by Yost that doesn't involve significant walking unless you're going to Football and are there all day. Old Ferry Field is getting bulldozed next winter to make way for parking.
            Speaking of calming down.... take a chill pill. It is what it is, and no matter how mad you post, nothing is going to change. Just deal with it.

Comment

It was a general point. I'd guess that out of 5500 people (the average now), at least 2500 are season ticket holders, plus what ever students decide to come. Either way, the place may be half empty and they will report 5000 people there. Either way, it doesn't matter. But don't try to sell me on the notion that volleyball or soccer is going to take away from the hockey crowd. The parking situation is a big deterrence to a walk up crowd- and homecoming makes for a long day for those who typically attend. It was poor planning on the administration's part.

Comment

As much as I enjoy more tailgating after a football game, I enjoy hockey more. Easy choice for me. Even if I am freaking out about lack of free time, and if I'll need to leave football early or if I should show up at hockey late.

Extra difficult to coordinate with the husband since he'll be in the stands at football and I'll be on the field for homecoming. I may have us both bring a car key and hold on to our own hockey ticket so we can meet up at the hockey game.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G
                7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Speaking of calming down.... take a chill pill. It is what it is, and no matter how mad you post, nothing is going to change. Just deal with it.
                  I'm not mad one iota. It is what it is. I'm telling them what to expect.

Competent scheduling in terms of timeslotting with the big 3 sports has been passe for a couple years now. I just won't be at Yost because Football takes priority #1.

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                  It was poor planning on the administration's part.
                  Just wait until later this season. The best is yet to come with *** scheduling if you look at both basketball and hockey schedules.
                  Last edited by MGoBlueHockey; 10-19-2016, 08:52 AM.
                  ---
                  National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                  Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                  19 Conference Championships
                  10 Conference Tournament Championships
                  2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

I'm not mad one iota. It is what it is. I'm telling them what to expect.

Competent scheduling in terms of timeslotting with the big 3 sports has been passe for a couple years now. I just won't be at Yost because Football takes priority #1.

Just wait until later this season. The best is yet to come with *** scheduling if you look at both basketball and hockey schedules.
                    Casual fans would flock to Yost if the team was expected to be NC caliber. It's not, so there is that. Second of all, M students have to choose between sports based on the schedule conflicts. Hockey fans will be there regardless.

Comment

Enjoy the warmth & hospitality of the fans at Yost. They're so welcoming to visiting guests.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                        Enjoy the warmth & hospitality of the fans at Yost. They're so welcoming to visiting guests.
                        They are much more pleasant now. Atmosphere does not pick up til the end of football season. Will be neat to have the 96 team in attendance with the return of Morrison, Turco, Botterill, Legg, Luhning, etc. Warren Luhning was a one of a kind personality on campus in the mid-90's.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                          I go to a number of games at Yost. Usually I'm treated quite well and fans are complimentary. Whereas at the Kohl, well it's like OSU football. You risk your life.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            I go to a number of games at Yost. Usually I'm treated quite well and fans are complimentary. Whereas at the Kohl, well it's like OSU football. You risk your life.
                            Been to Kohl Center too and feel the same way about their fans. No need for that.
                            MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                            2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Maybe my Kohl center trips have just been at times when students weren't there (Thanksgiving, Spring break), I haven't had a problem. There was the outdoor game at Camp Randall, the behavior for that was...well...similar to OSU fans.

Hockey tonight! Will Sam Piazza continue scoring? Will Michigan's eleventy billion freshman contribute? Will Mel remember to go to the visitor locker room and bench, or will he decide he belongs on the home bench at Yost?
                              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G
                              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                              2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                                Maybe my Kohl center trips have just been at times when students weren't there (Thanksgiving, Spring break), I haven't had a problem. There was the outdoor game at Camp Randall, the behavior for that was...well...similar to OSU fans.

Hockey tonight! Will Sam Piazza continue scoring? Will Michigan's eleventy billion freshman contribute? Will Mel remember to go to the visitor locker room and bench, or will he decide he belongs on the home bench at Yost?
                                Have they been since the big ten started? When you only have half a section of fans chanting ******* at you it's not quite the same a 3 full tiers when they had people actually at the games.
                                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working...
                                X