Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) awarding conference title in 2017-18

  1. #1
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,656

    Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) awarding conference title in 2017-18

    Similiar to how the WIAC still awarded a title within the NCHA, the MAC will be awarding a conference title starting in 2017-18 when Wilkes, King's, Lebanon Valley, Manhattanville and Stevenson are all competing within the UCHC.

    Continue to think we're getting closer and closer to the MAC forming its own conference once they have seven.

    https://www.gomacsports.com/news/2016...012164808.aspx
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  2. #2
    Lt. J. Isaac Powers, Starfleet
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Final Frontier
    Posts
    2,550

    Re: Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) awarding conference title in 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Similiar to how the WIAC still awarded a title within the NCHA, the MAC will be awarding a conference title starting in 2017-18 when Wilkes, King's, Lebanon Valley, Manhattanville and Stevenson are all competing within the UCHC.

    Continue to think we're getting closer and closer to the MAC forming its own conference once they have seven.

    https://www.gomacsports.com/news/2016...012164808.aspx
    Your link doesn't work. The USCHO article implies they'll be competing entirely within the MAC, which seems like a big blow to the nascent UCHC.


    Powers &8^]

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,935

    Re: Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) awarding conference title in 2017-18

    Wonder if King's and Wilkes will share a rink to keep expenses down since they're next door neighbors to each other. Lol. Don't think either has a rink on campus do they? Tough to sell a new program to good recruits when they don't have a rink on campus.

    Also going to go out on a limb (just kidding) and predict a Manhattanville vs Stevenson conference championship game for the inaugural year of the MAC, and maybe for several years after that too.
    Last edited by shelfit; 10-13-2016 at 03:44 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) awarding conference title in 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    Your link doesn't work. The USCHO article implies they'll be competing entirely within the MAC, which seems like a big blow to the nascent UCHC.


    Powers &8^]
    The original post is correct (see the link below). The MAC schools will compete within the UCHC for the MAC title. It is effectively a meaningless gesture other than it sets them up to withdraw and go MAC only when they are ready.

    https://gomacsports.com/news/2016/10/...012164808.aspx

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canada EH!
    Posts
    378

    Re: Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) awarding conference title in 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
    The original post is correct (see the link below). The MAC schools will compete within the UCHC for the MAC title. It is effectively a meaningless gesture other than it sets them up to withdraw and go MAC only when they are ready.

    https://gomacsports.com/news/2016/10/...012164808.aspx
    My guess is we're closer to having a MAC conference than some may think.....

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    My guess is we're closer to having a MAC conference than some may think.....
    Do you know something the rest of us don't? Please share your insider's info with us.

  7. #7
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,656

    Re: Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) awarding conference title in 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    My guess is we're closer to having a MAC conference than some may think.....
    I've been calling the MAC for about 4 months now. It's clearly only a matter of time now.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canada EH!
    Posts
    378

    Re: Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) awarding conference title in 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Do you know something the rest of us don't? Please share your insider's info with us.
    No insider info. Just seeing lots of movement overall and this would align both the men's and women's side. The way schools are adding programs I cant see it taking too long

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •