Colby Appoints Holly Tyng (Dartmouth Associate HC) as Interim HC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colby Appoints Holly Tyng (Dartmouth Associate HC) as Interim HC

I believe this is the last HC opening that was left.... Looks like a solid hire.

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Why the interim tag?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
      Great hire and congrats for Holley. Quality person.

Comment

Re: Colby Appoints Holly Tyng (Dartmouth Associate HC) as Interim HC

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
        Why the interim tag?
        My guess, and I could be way off, is that given the short notice the athletic department couldn't go through a formal search procedure their HR or similar dept required and thus could only offer an interim position with it having to be reopened to a more formal search.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
          Great hire and congrats for Holley. Quality person.
          Based on limited interaction in the past, think she will struggle at the D3 level especially in recruiting (if she bothers to do any since she is interim). She doesn't understand the D3 level of commitment and mentality. She definitely better not play the games that Dartmouth used to (committing and decommitting to recruits) when she was there or she certainly won't last even if she wants to. My guess - 1 and done as a stopgap measure for Colby and a place to coach for her.

Comment

Congrats Holley! Class individual that any D3 player would be lucky to play for!

Comment

Working...
            X