This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Scott Wilson also playing wing on first line tonight for Pittsburgh and raised the Stanley Cup banner. Not a bad night overall for UML alums.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Curious that Norm would start Hernberg over Wall tonight. I thought Wall earned the start tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
        Curious that Norm would start Hernberg over Wall tonight. I thought Wall earned the start tonight.
        My bet is they will rotate for a bit. No one looked bad. Better to get them both experience.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          My bet is they will rotate for a bit. No one looked bad. Better to get them both experience.
          Hernberg has now allowed 7 goals in four periods of play. I'm fine with ending the rotation as of next week.
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
            I was surprised also. Pretty sloppy game so far 4-3 Lowell after one.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
              Hernberg has now allowed 7 goals in four periods of play. I'm fine with ending the rotation as of next week.
              I'd still like to see Metcalf.
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Wall in net to start the 2nd period.

Comment

this "call everything" stuff is getting interesting and I'm curious as to what the game will look like when it all settles out... I was expecting things to keep up its frantic pace set in the first 25 minutes and get like an old-school WCHA 10-6 scoreline
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    this "call everything" stuff is getting interesting and I'm curious as to what the game will look like when it all settles out... I was expecting things to keep up its frantic pace set in the first 25 minutes and get like an old-school WCHA 10-6 scoreline
                    Things are getting interesting with CC going on the PP with Lowell up 7-5 with 8:56 to go.

Comment

Before tonight, Lowell was 0-16-1 under Norm when allowing 5 goals or more. The one tie was against Brown in Belfast last year.

With the win Lowell improves to 42-1-1 all-time as a D1 program when scoring 8 goals or more.
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Highlights can de found here......

http://www.nchc.tv/cc/video/colorado...hts---10-14-16
                        What did you say?
                        Who own the Chiefs?
                        What did he say?
                        Owns! Owns!

Comment

Lowell Sun recap

Colorado Springs Gazette recap
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post

Just from the video (btw - great video but awful sound. clean that up, CC)

- Hernberg should find a comfortable spot on the bench

- Lowell needs to do a much better job of marking guys out front when the puck is behind the net

- CC had some brutal turnovers and mistakes with the puck
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

Just from the video (btw - great video but awful sound. clean that up, CC)

- Hernberg should find a comfortable spot on the bench

- Lowell needs to do a much better job of marking guys out front when the puck is behind the net

- CC had some brutal turnovers and mistakes with the puck
                              Watching the highlights, it was good to see Campbell make some moves and create the chance for Kamrass on the third goal. CC defense seems to be less than a strength looking at the results of their first three games. I also would like to see Hernberg create a nice groove of his pads on the bench. One goal he let in looked to be the result of a bad rebound, and the defense surely didn't help him out to the best of their ability on another one, but I think Wall, from the 5 periods we've seen so far, gives Lowell the best chance to win.

Metcalfe didn't make the trip, nor has he dressed for any of the games, including the exhibition game. Is he dealing with an injury, or could he potentially redshirt this season, seeing there are 4 goalies on the roster?

Comment

• Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post

Metcalfe didn't make the trip, nor has he dressed for any of the games, including the exhibition game. Is he dealing with an injury, or could he potentially redshirt this season, seeing there are 4 goalies on the roster?
                                He was still eligible for another year of juniors, so they wouldn't want to add him unless he was gonna play
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X