This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Lowell takes the lead. Lowell blows the lead (they didn't even wait one minute for this one). Lowell loses a game. Yeah, I know it's 3-1 with about 5 left, and while they played really well in the first and second ... 60 minutes is just not possible for this team. So yeah, I'm done watching this one ... heading to four straight losses.

If this doesn't sounds familiar to you ...
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Of course, I lied. I couldn't stop watching. CJ makes it 3-2 with just over 3 minutes left. And a power play for Lowell.

Edit to add: And a turnover with the goalie out, and BU buries it. It's ovah.
      Last edited by UMLFan; 01-28-2017, 08:14 PM.
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Nope.

Comment

I was watching BU's free feed. Tough break on the 2nd BU goal, nice assist by the ref.

Nice goal by 19 to make it 3-2. Terrible diagonal back pass while you were rushing up the ice on the late PP led to an icing.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            Of course, I lied. I couldn't stop watching. CJ makes it 3-2 with just over 3 minutes left. And a power play for Lowell.

Edit to add: And a turnover with the goalie out, and BU buries it. It's ovah.
            They looked good all night on the PP but they couldn't do anything with it at the end when they needed it. The Hawks had plenty of chances but couldn't get that second goal. Tough luck on BU's second goal. It looked to me like the puck hit the refs skate as Gambardella was trying to move the puck along the boards. The puck went right to a BU player who fed Carpenter for the goal.

Comment

What a great past two weekends. Can't wait for next weekend.
              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Norm's post game press conference.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRpw...ature=youtu.be

Game highlights.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwSB...ature=youtu.be

Comment

With 14 available points left for Lowell in league play, the team currently finds itself outside of a bye spot. They are currently tied for fifth with UNH. UConn and PC are one point behind, each with a game in hand. And they BOTH have the tiebreaker over Lowell.
                  Monty

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                    What a great past two weekends. Can't wait for next weekend.
                    Looking forward to Saturday. Sal's pizza and a quality beer. Several if y'all put a hurt on the 'cats.
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

With 14 available points left for Lowell in league play, the team currently finds itself outside of a bye spot. They are currently tied for fifth with UNH. UConn and PC are one point behind, each with a game in hand. And they BOTH have the tiebreaker over Lowell.
                      Lowell would need to take 12 out of a possible 14 points to secure home ice and have a shot at the NCAAs without having to win the HE tournament. And I currently don't even see them getting to the garden, so.....

Comment

I think Bazin needs to grow the beard back
                        UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Don't forget NU. They will most likely be two points behind heading into Friday's game. They play Amherst Tuesday. The UNH game Saturday will be Lowell's game in hand on the Huskies.

The Hawks are down to 13th in the pairwise. PC is now ahead of them at 11th. Two teams currently going in opposite directions.

Comment

sat on my thoughts of this past weekend/weekends results until I had a chance to soak it all in and look at the big picture. Although these last 4 games have not given us the results we as fans have wanted...I am going to choose to be optimistic on how the rest of this season will unfold for UML. This year more then any other that I can remember the parity in college hockey should make any team that gets an at large bid feel pretty good about their chances of making it to the frozen 4. As far as Hockey East, I would say this holds true as well. Yes, BU in particular seems to be at the top of the class with all their young high end talent...but this past week with MC beating them twice goes to show you not only can a bottom half of the league team beat a top team on any given night...they can do it in back to back games.

The loses vs PC to me were in large do to the fact that we had not played a top 30 RPI team in the previous 7 games and were not prepared to play a team such as PC. In fact, I would say getting out to a quick 2-0 lead in that gave the team a little false sense of security. As far as this past weekends games...overall I thought the team played much better...especially in the BU game. As much as I hate to pin a lose on one player, my gut tells me if Wall got that start on Friday...UML wins. The team was playing well until the soft goal that made it 3-2 with just under 8 min left to play. With that said, we still had a 3-2 lead and we took yet another dumb penalty. The BU game to me was some of the best hockey the team has played in the last 2 months. If there was any other goalie other then Oettinger in net UML wins that game.

Now if you told me at the start of the season we would be 2 points out of 3rd place in Hockey East and 13 in PWR with 7 games remaining...I would have said that sounds about right. I think its awesome we have high expectations and that we at UML have come to expect trips to the Garden each March accompanied with NCAA bids. The fact of the matter is we are still in position to make both those happen...any team that has Bazin behind the bench and the leadership of Joey G on the ice I will not stop believing in.

Comment

Joe Gambardella and CJ Smith are both on the ballot for the Hobey Baker voting.

https://apps.facebook.com/hobeybaker...hobey-fan-vote
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                                Joe Gambardella and CJ Smith are both on the ballot for the Hobey Baker voting.

https://apps.facebook.com/hobeybaker...hobey-fan-vote
                                I voted. Everyone should spread the word. Anyone know if you can vote each day or is it one and done?

Hopefully they hit bottom last weekend even though they looked pretty good against BU and came up against a tough goaltender, could've been a 5-2 win. A sweep this coming weekend is absolutely necessary.
                                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Working...
                                X