This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

It's been an ugly start to the year for Hockey East's OOC schedule. Lowell needs two more Ws next week at home, and then keep it rolling when they go to corn city in two weeks.

Comment

Great to get any sweep, and even better to be there to see it. Great job by the Alumni department with some of the events they put together out there, and a really cool moment to get the chance to speak with the Chancellor. She seems an amazing woman.

Tough matchup coming on Friday with a SLU squad that won their two games against HE competition 10-3 this weekend. Some similarities in their start with ours so far, as they have 18 goals already this season (in 4 games), while giving up 10. We're at 17-10.

Interesting to note the differences on a Friday night and a Saturday night so far. Both nights have the same record, but GF-GA are 12-9 on Friday and 5-1 on Saturday. It's early, so I'm not sure it tells us anything except that the staff is doing a good job of fixing issues after night 1.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post

Interesting to note the differences on a Friday night and a Saturday night so far. Both nights have the same record, but GF-GA are 12-9 on Friday and 5-1 on Saturday. It's early, so I'm not sure it tells us anything except that the staff is doing a good job of fixing issues after night 1.

Once Wall starts on a Friday if that trend continues it'll definitely be interesting
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Wall wins DPOW for Hockey East.

https://***********/RiverHawkHockey/...41028779507712
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Lowell moves up to #5 from #8 in latest USCHO poll.

Also up to #5 from #7 in latest USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine poll.
            Last edited by riverchief1; 10-17-2016, 06:51 PM.
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Hellebuyck will be starting against the Bruins tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                Hellebuyck will be starting against the Bruins tonight.
                Bad night for Connor, good night for the Bruins.
                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                  2 of three goals should never have happened if Winnipeg had mediocre defense. The first one was soft
                  BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                    Check out this goal by Wisconsin's Cameron Hughes against BC on Sunday. Hughes is a Bruins draft choice.

https://youtu.be/8mGojEf3cnI

Comment

Soccer moved up to 14th in the coaches poll this week after two more wins last week.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                        Soccer moved up to 14th in the coaches poll this week after two more wins last week.
                        Still 9th in the RPI. Almost assured an at large bid except... yeah.
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                          Still 9th in the RPI. Almost assured an at large bid except... yeah.
                          I know current success is no guarantee for the future, but is there reason to believe they will still be good next season? Or will they be losing some key players?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                            I know current success is no guarantee for the future, but is there reason to believe they will still be good next season? Or will they be losing some key players?
                            At bare minimum they are losing their top scorer (Fernandez) and the starting goalie. I am expecting a step back, but they should still be competitive. But I really don't follow college soccer at all.
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                              At bare minimum they are losing their top scorer (Fernandez) and the starting goalie. I am expecting a step back, but they should still be competitive. But I really don't follow college soccer at all.
                              Starting goalie is a Junior, so I don't see why he'd leave? They do lost Fernandez, and four other seniors. Only two of those others saw real playing time this year, so basically they lose two every-day starters and Fernandez (only started 5 of 12 so far).

They bring back three of their top 5 point getters for next year. They've got a couple of good recruits as well. I don't know if they'll have this type of year next year, but they're building something there.
                              Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                Starting goalie is a Junior, so I don't see why he'd leave?
                                My mistake, I was going from memory instead of looking it up. I thought I remembered seeing a popup on stream calling him a Senior, but I am mistaken.
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X