Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    I think those were our new third sweaters, actually. The program posted some hideous new home jerseys on Twitter not too long ago with "SPARTANS" and a number on the front.

It would be worth questioning the AD again if we replaced our great script jerseys with those.
    That would be a complete disaster, but I don't think that's the case. I believe the team picture was done with the script unis.

I also noticed that the band is still insistent on ruining the stick salute by playing shadows to the last in attendance walking out the door and a team in the locker room. Good job, whoever was responsible for that change.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
      i was wondering that as well. I think they were practice jerseys. I hope they were practice jerseys.

Edit: oh, we do have 3. The normal Spartan head ones, the delicious script throwbacks and new alts that were announced a few weeks back. Tonight's jerseys looked like practice ones unless we changed out Spartan head uniform design. I'd be fine with that since I never liked those.
      I figured the Spartan head were gone when the football lookalikes were announced. But I think the ones from last night have the same side template as those, so looks like we do have three sets now, all green pants. And I'm sure the scripts will still not be available for sale.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
        I also noticed that the band is still insistent on ruining the stick salute by playing shadows to the last in attendance walking out the door and a team in the locker room. Good job, whoever was responsible for that change.
        I remember talking to someone with knowledge about that. Apparently, that was a program decision to rearrange when exactly the alma mater would be played during the post-game.

Sucks, because they killed what I thought was one of the best traditions in college hockey.
        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
        66 - 86 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

I remember talking to someone with knowledge about that. Apparently, that was a program decision to rearrange when exactly the alma mater would be played during the post-game.

Sucks, because they killed what I thought was one of the best traditions in college hockey.
          Right up there with the Friday Night Fights (Berenson/Mason days)

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
            So that country club won the B1G Ten conference tourney last season
            You act like that's something to be proud of. How low the standards have fallen in Alcoholics Anonymous.
            CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
              You act like that's something to be proud of. How low the standards have fallen in Alcoholics Anonymous.
              You can't even become admitted to a B1G TEN university so winning the tournament is out of the question for you...
              Originally posted by alfablue
              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
                Your school no one cares about won a whopping 8 games last year. Not to mention the hot start you're off to, losing to Toronto.

Time to shut up.
                ---
                National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                19 Conference Championships
                10 Conference Tournament Championships
                2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Actually it was a 2-2 tie with Toronto
                  "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
                    Actually it was a 2-2 tie with Toronto
                    That guy I was talking to is a WMU troll.
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Away threads for the year, so we have six jerseys. I'm hoping our win total can at least equal that.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Away threads for the year, so we have six jerseys. I'm hoping our win total can at least equal that.
                        As long as the script sweaters are still in there somewhere, we could have 20 jerseys.

That said, the ones with the numbers on the front still look pretty ridiculous.
                        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                        66 - 86 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

As long as the script sweaters are still in there somewhere, we could have 20 jerseys.

That said, the ones with the numbers on the front still look pretty ridiculous.
                          You're not a fan of the long sleeved basketball jerseys?

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Thanks for the new sig. line....
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

You're not a fan of the long sleeved basketball jerseys?
                              "Basketball" is what immediately struck me about that design as well.

I think they're all better than the previous Spartan head design we've had for a while. The new Spartan head uni is a huge improvement, although the home versions do look a little "practice-y" as was discussed earlier. I think that getting rid of that black or gold trim is a huge improvement.

As always, the scripts are the greatest uniforms ever designed for any sport.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                                The power play wasn't necessarily concerning, given that TA sent out for the top unit 3 freshmen up front (Hirose, Khoderenko - who took a lot of draws - and Lambdin). Appleton at the right point looked somewhat uncomfortable but that was the only place it seemed he wasn't in top form.
                                I have never been a fan of forwards playing point on the PP. They usually cannot skate backwards deftly enough to adequately defend 1on1 or an odd man rush in the event of a turnover. But if Appleton can get more comfy, I can see why his passing and vision is appealing for the role. We need to produce on the PP.

Also on the topic of Appleton; last season I was quietly critical of his skating ability and burst but he looked to have gained another gear. That will be huge for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X