LSSU Lakers 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2016-17

I signed up just so I could ignore him. Been lurking for a while, but hot ****.

Yeah, it was rough watching Kossoff let in a few soft goals, but looking at the shots and even the stick handling, it's much better than it was last year.
    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      Finally caved in and put a certain "Anti Whitten and LSSU fan" on ignore feature.

Disappointed they didn't win but it's only an exhibition game and they didn't lose the game. The Lakers outshot Laurentian by a wide margin as well which isn't bad for the very first game. Too bad about the suspensions of a few players (Renz and Defiel). Looks like Bindulis is going to be a very good Laker.
      The Laurentian goalie, Joel Vineau, has a lot of talent but has had problems with off ice work habits. I remember that he played in the OJHL for Kingston several years ago. I suspect the Lakers were interested in him but he wound up committing to Minnesota. He went on to play in the USHL (I think it was for Muskegon) but Muskegon wound up cutting him and Minnesota withdrew their scholarship offer due to his personal issues. I think he has bounced around the OHL and CIS since then. He can be an excellent goalie when he's got his head on straight. No big deal for us. He evidently was hot today. I didn't hear much of the game. I was gone most of the day and when I got back this evening I listened to the last part of the 3rd period and the OT on the Internet stream.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        The Laurentian goalie, Joel Vineau, has a lot of talent but has had problems with off ice work habits. I remember that he played in the OJHL for Kingston several years ago. I suspect the Lakers were interested in him but he wound up committing to Minnesota. He went on to play in the USHL (I think it was for Muskegon) but Muskegon wound up cutting him and Minnesota withdrew their scholarship offer due to his personal issues. I think he has bounced around the OHL and CIS since then. He can be an excellent goalie when he's got his head on straight. No big deal for us. He evidently was hot today. I didn't hear much of the game. I was gone most of the day and when I got back this evening I listened to the last part of the 3rd period and the OT on the Internet stream.
        Do you have the link to the internet stream? I could not find it today.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
          Do you have the link to the internet stream? I could not find it today.
          The link on the Lakers website wasn't working so I went directly to the YesFM website and clicked on Listen Live. (The link at the Lakers website is under Multimedia.)

Comment

I figured if anybody knew who he was, it would be you, Bill. He certainly played with what some may call confidence, and others call cockiness. Perhaps with the past personal issues he has had, he feels as though he's out to prove something.
            Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

The link on the Lakers website wasn't working so I went directly to the YesFM website and clicked on Listen Live. (The link at the Lakers website is under Multimedia.)
              Here are the links Bill mentioned where you can listen to the games.

http://www.yesfm.net/

http://www.lssulakers.com/landing/index
              Last edited by LakerBaker; 10-03-2016, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Ditto

Comment

I think Ferris State is feeling a bit like Lake State after we lost two at home to Huntsville last year.

Comment

Posted this on the old thead, but thought it should go here as well. Well, last nights game showed some promise. The Lakers were shooting on net often. They seemed to fatigue, or got lazy, after the second period and let the Laurentian team have too many chances. I am thinking that the multitude of penalties slowed the momentum of the game. There was a whistle ever few minutes. The Laker goaltending was good at times, but again looked caught off guard for at least one of the V's goals. Hope to see the intensity continue.

Comment

For anyone who may want to keep track of future Lakers, here is where guys who have committed to the Lakers are currently playing:

Garrett Nietto (G) - Wenatchee (BCHL)
                      Owen Guy (F) - Kemptville (CCHL)
                      Robert Blueger (F) - Fairbanks (NAHL)
                      Jaden Anderson (F) - Odessa (NAHL)
                      Ashton Calder (F) - Surrey (BCHL)
                      Chase Gamelin (F) - Brookings (NAHL)
                      Will Gauthier (F) - Kanata (CCHL)
                      Dustin Manz (F) - Aston (NAHL)
                      Cole Hults (D) - Madison (USHL)
                      Chase Pilawski (D) - Waterloo (USHL)
                      Mike Mannara (D) - Orangeville (OJHL)
                      Patrick Kyte (D) - Pembroke (CCHL)

I'm not sure how much playing time Owen Guy will get this year. He started out with Cedar Rapids (USHL), suffered a shoulder injury in preseason, and is now back home in Kemptville playing with a brace awaiting shoulder surgery.
                      Last edited by Bill; 10-03-2016, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Was hoping to see more USHL players in that list .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                          Was hoping to see more USHL players in that list .
                          Guy would be playing in the USHL now if it wasn't for his shoulder injury. We could possibly see more of these guys play in the USHL before they start their Laker careers. The BCHL is generally considered the top Junior A league in Canada and we have a couple of guys playing there.

Comment

None of the freshmen looked bad last night. Bindy, Morgan and Gelsinger looked very good out there. The team speed has improved from last season. The voyagers were one of the better Canadian college team's I've watched play the Lakers but the crackdown from the wcha to call penalties did stunt the flow of the game.

I missed the pregame last night so has anyone heard how long the suspensions are for?
                            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Gordie's replacement Garrett Nietto is off to a rough start. Numbers aren't good and seems like the other goalie is getting more playing time with better numbers. It's still early though but if I remember correctly, Gordie didn't have great numbers his last year of junior hockey and look how good he's been as a Laker.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                                I missed the pregame last night so has anyone heard how long the suspensions are for?
                                Methinks it will be multiple games, from what Damon said about the breaking of the team rules, and the specifics reported in the Michigan Sault paper a couple of weeks ago.

I'm sure the Voice of the Lakers, Bill Crawford will address this on the Laker Hockey show tonite at 6 p.m. on ESPN Radio station 1400 http://www.stream1400espn.net.

Randy Russon from www.hockeynewsnorth.com and www.saultthisweek.com also covers the good ship Laker, along with local hockey on the Hockey North Show tonite at 5 on ESPN Radio.
                                Last edited by LakerBaker; 10-06-2016, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X