• Show
Clear All

Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Interview with Coach Leaman & J Walman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebEeu8H546I
    Last edited by gofriars; 10-07-2016, 12:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Happy New Year ladies and gentlemen. Wish I could be there this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
        Happy New Year ladies and gentlemen. Wish I could be there this weekend.
        Same here... (greetings from WI)

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Worst officiated game I ever watched. It got worse as game went on. Terrible calls on both teams, nearly all phantom call.Refs would not let the kids play.Never saw any 5 on 5 hockey. Didn't recognize any of the refs.

Comment

New to this place. Howdy. Not new to PC hockey.
            3 of the 4 officials for the game were there for a few games last year. The only new one to me is Antipin. Agreed on the number of penalties. Some were correct calls, most of them could have been ignored to play on. Koharski especially seemed to be quick with the calls on both teams. I've never seen a game like this. And of course we can't have a home game without a goal review.

It'll take some time for this team to get it together but the young kids looked really good in their first official game. Hawkey was a little shaky but played just well enough. Anxious to see Bjorkqvist, what he can do when he's back at full strength.

Comment

Ugly game but it's a win. Recap with quotes from Leaman:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...der-arena-nchc
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                New to this place. Howdy. Not new to PC hockey.
                3 of the 4 officials for the game were there for a few games last year. The only new one to me is Antipin. Agreed on the number of penalties. Some were correct calls, most of them could have been ignored to play on. Koharski especially seemed to be quick with the calls on both teams. I've never seen a game like this. And of course we can't have a home game without a goal review.

It'll take some time for this team to get it together but the young kids looked really good in their first official game. Hawkey was a little shaky but played just well enough. Anxious to see Bjorkqvist, what he can do when he's back at full strength.
                This was my fourth college game of the season. This is how tight the refs are calling it this season. It is very tough to watch as this game was pretty clean with very little choppy play.
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Are the black jerseys going to be the home uniforms this year?

Comment

Can't make it to tonight's game, where's a reliable site to catch it on? I know their games were usually carried on Cox, don't have them though.

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                      Can't make it to tonight's game, where's a reliable site to catch it on? I know their games were usually carried on Cox, don't have them though.

http://www.friars.com/collegesportslive/

Comment

Are we that undisciplined or is the officiating horrible?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Worst officiating ever, Part II.

Comment

I see 10 penalties on each team. Part of a painful crackdown initiative this year. It's not hockey so hopefully players catch on and refs let up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              Are we that undisciplined or is the officiating horrible?
                              There were no egregious calls. Too many hits from behind. Early season sloppy hockey. PC looked slow. The officiating was fine.
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                                There were no egregious calls. Too many hits from behind. Early season sloppy hockey. PC looked slow. The officiating was fine.
                                The officiating is fine but this type of officiating the last two nights is going to turn away fans. The calls that are being made aren't even remotely close to penalties. The first penalty of the night, I never saw anything close to a slash.
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X