X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Instead of all those depressing stories about cops
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/local/skow...home/364643407
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Instead of all those depressing stories about cops
      http://www.wlbz2.com/news/local/skow...home/364643407
      Awesome!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

We're those "water cannons" or fire hoses to put out the vehicle that protesters lit on fire on a bridge on a state highway?

The Morton County Sheriff's Office does not have "concussion grenades". They do have flash-bangs. They admit that much.

There is proof that woman that has the severe arm injury may have been in the process of configuring an IED under a bridge.

And this is about "the water". Imagine a camp of 5000 people with no sanitary services for waste in the flood watershed that will go into the Standing Rock intake in the spring. Yummy.
        http://www.inforum.com/opinion/41678...otest-festival

And now Standing Rock Chair Archambeau has asked the protesters to go home.
        https://www.sayanythingblog.com/entr...acts-violence/

Rob Port is probably the most conservative blogger in ND (and I can't believe I'm giving him any acknowledgement because he hates all North Dakota universities) and is in the pocket of Al "We can beat the NCAA!" Carlson, the loony head of the Rs in the ND House.

Given that reference point, Port's done a pretty good job of documenting events as they've happened. And he's a glutton for punishment on Twitter.

Look through all the "North Dakota" articles on Port's site: https://www.sayanythingblog.com/
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

No they werent. There was no fires when they were spraying the protesters at night. (the fires would be visible)

I assume you didnt watch the video in the link since your concern trolling would be moot if you had. That would be Trump level cognitive dissonance (lets just say it answers all your questions and not in ways you will enjoy)

And of course the Tribes want the protesters off the land now...they won the pipeline is being moved there isno need to stay there. Nice reach though
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            No they werent. There was no fires when they were spraying the protesters at night. (the fires would be visible)

I assume you didnt watch the video in the link since your concern trolling would be moot if you had. That would be Trump level cognitive dissonance (lets just say it answers all your questions and not in ways you will enjoy)

And of course the Tribes want the protesters off the land now...they won the pipeline is being moved there isno need to stay there. Nice reach though
            Concern trolling? No, that's you. I'm the taxpayer holding the bag on this one. We're at $7 million in costs to the State for this little event.

But, back to the issue: OK, then what the heck is Rob Port claiming here. And, gee, there's the fire ...
            https://www.sayanythingblog.com/entr...kwater-bridge/

PS - I have $20 that says Trump approves the existing permit and easement at about 1800 hours on Jan 20. It just seems so ... Trump.

PPS - As with everything that turns political, the truth is somewhere in the middle. The trick is to find it. Port's had the MCSO's side the whole time; Snopes has the #NoDAPL's. Triangulate from there.
            Last edited by The Sicatoka; 12-07-2016, 11:11 AM.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I personally think the water soaking was a great response by law enforcement. You have to admit, given what we've seen around this country with how other law enforcement agencies have handled protests, a response that really only involves making it rain on these people in order to get the protesters to "choose" to leave because they are now cold and wet is pretty tame. You can only arrest and release so many people, and given the fact that at least one protester, if not more, resorted to discharging firearms, I think it's pretty good that all the sheriff's department did is give them a good soaking on a night when it was pretty cold out. The sheriff's department kept their powder dry, if not the protesters.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Water cannon?
                Why do that when the evil cops have such powerful other resources available.

http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/p...ne-protesters/

Given that power, would this be considered "house arrest"?
                http://www.fox5ny.com/news/222162787-story
                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 12-07-2016, 11:25 AM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

PS - I have $20 that says Trump approves the existing permit and easement at about 1800 hours on Jan 20. It just seems so ... Trump.
                  What I find kind of funny is this.

This article has a small map of North Dakota (you have to scroll down a little ways) that includes the pipelines presently in place. Click on the "view bigger map" button to get a full flavor of the existing pipelines in North Dakota.

Then superimpose a map of the state that shows the current location of Native American tribes and their land in North Dakota, and the location of the Missouri River and the lakes created by various dams.

You will see there are, by my count, at least three existing oil pipelines located on the Fort Berthold tribal land, and who knows how many crossing the Missouri River, which is the exact same river they seek to cross south of Mandan near the Standing Rock tribal land.

I guess it's only "sacred ground" when they are not pumping oil out of it or creating jobs on your land with that oil.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    What I find kind of funny is this.

This article has a small map of North Dakota (you have to scroll down a little ways) that includes the pipelines presently in place. Click on the "view bigger map" button to get a full flavor of the existing pipelines in North Dakota.

Then superimpose a map of the state that shows the current location of Native American tribes and their land in North Dakota, and the location of the Missouri River and the lakes created by various dams.

You will see there are, by my count, at least three existing oil pipelines located on the Fort Berthold tribal land, and who knows how many crossing the Missouri River, which is the exact same river they seek to cross south of Mandan near the Standing Rock tribal land.
                    The Northern Border (gas) pipeline has been there since the 1980s (map link above). And there's already a high voltage transmission line in that same easement. That existing easement path is what was approved for DAPL. Yes, they put DAPL in the existing energy easement.

Better?
                    The DAPL already crosses the Missouri River north of the Spirit Lake intake, and north of Bismarck, about 12 miles above the water intake for Williston, ND.
                    See P2 of 5 here: http://www.energytransfer.com/docume...s_Counties.pdf
                    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 12-07-2016, 11:41 AM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Oh, now facts matter?

Clearly these people understand something about the pipeline that you just don't get.
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Wasn't too sure where to put this but here it is. The story is fkd up enough but when I read further down and found the rapist pos got only 16 years probation that kinda chapped my ***.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/loc...itation_bid_to
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                          Clearly these people understand something about the pipeline that you just don't get.
                          I see.
                          So all that work I did for Enbridge (via the ND Pipeline Company) during the Bakken boom doesn't count.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            I see.
                            So all that work I did for Enbridge (via the ND Pipeline Company) during the Bakken boom doesn't count.
                            Maybe they don't want some elite telling them what to do. You just don't get it.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              Maybe they don't want some elite telling them what to do. You just don't get it.
                              Well, you might be right. Are outside elites telling Standing Rock to protest this?
                              Chase Iron Eyes (Standing Rock tribe member and recent D nominee for ND's US House seat) says, “The local voice is not the voice controlling this.”
                              https://www.sayanythingblog.com/entr...apl-not-local/

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Standing Rock also had ample opportunity to let their concerns be known during the public hearing and permitting process.

There they could've told any and every one (ND PSC, the Army Corps) to shove it. Instead ...

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers "documented dozens of attempts it made to consult with the Standing Rock Sioux from the fall of 2014 through the spring of 2016," federal Judge James Boasberg, an Obama appointee, wrote in September.

"Suffice it to say that the Tribe largely refused to engage in consultations," he continued.

The tribe also did not engage the State of North Dakota when the Public Service Commission was reviewing the pipeline. They showed for not a single meeting about the pipeline, nor did they submit any written testimony to the PSC.

"It is still difficult for me to understand why the tribe didn't intervene in the process and have a seat at the table," Commissioner Julie Fedorchak told reporter Amy Dalrymple.
                                http://www.inforum.com/4170712-port-...ion-irrelevant

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X