Minnesota State Applies to the NCHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State Applies to the NCHC

Well Miami and WMU can replace Alaska aka UAF and UAA if the schools eliminate athletics via budget cuts...The whole university system is up for a restructure..Board of Regents are to meet again I think in September...

ALSO

Nanook assistant coach Corbin Schmidt tendered his resignation today. His wife too, who also worked for the U. Last week the rifle coach said bye--bye and two more folks in athletics have already left....Maybe they know something......

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      I'm guessing there's many in our state that would insist the Gophers get thrown in on the deal.
      I miss the old Final Five and everyone there hating on the rodents, but good riddance. It's fun watching Minnesota be irrelevant for a change.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
        Well Miami and WMU can replace Alaska aka UAF and UAA if the schools eliminate athletics via budget cuts...The whole university system is up for a restructure..Board of Regents are to meet again I think in September...

ALSO

Nanook assistant coach Corbin Schmidt tendered his resignation today. His wife too, who also worked for the U. Last week the rifle coach said bye--bye and two more folks in athletics have already left....Maybe they know something......
        Really a shame. Alaska as a state is rich and can easily afford this for its residents.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Nice to see the fallout from Pedo State's arrival is still having such a positive impact on college hockey.

Comment

Really a shame. Alaska as a state is rich and can easily afford this for its residents.
            Was. Oil is $45/bbl. That kills state revenue.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              So how do we go about trading the WCHA name and Bemidji State to the NaCHo while getting WMU and MU in return?

GFM
              I feel like a WMU/Miami return to the Midwest would be inching closer and closer at this point, especially if ASU is to follow into the NCHC, even moreso if the Alaskas have to combine.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

so true...trouble is no one saved any monies knowing the oil will not last forever....certainly not $100 a barrel. Now another $$ special session called by the governor and the legislature won't do a **** thing...so everyone who lives here suffers>>>
                Last edited by fairbanks hockey puck; 07-13-2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  Nice to see the fallout from Pedo State's arrival is still having such a positive impact on college hockey.
                  You're disgusting. Why couldn't you have just stayed gone, exactly?
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Was. Oil is $45/bbl. That kills state revenue.
                    I suppose. Couple that with tax breaks the state was giving and the fact that Alaska is CNBC's 49th best state for business. There's serious issues.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      I feel like a WMU/Miami return to the Midwest would be inching closer and closer at this point, especially if ASU is to follow into the NCHC, even moreso if the Alaskas have to combine.
                      If they want to leave...they have to pay up.

The NCHC has a massive buyout for anyone that jumps ship. According to multiple sources, the buyout equates to a year of the league’s operating expenses. Right now, that’s roughly $1.5 million. It also requires a 24-month notice. If it’s less, the buyout goes up.
                      http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=103131
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                        I miss the old Final Five and everyone there hating on the rodents, but good riddance. It's fun watching Minnesota be irrelevant for a change.
                        If by irrelevant you mean winning five straight conference titles and going to the NC game a couple years back...then yes, irrelevant.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          The more irrelevant Minnesota is the less likely people care as much about college hockey in the state of Minnesota.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                            The more irrelevant Minnesota is the less likely people care as much about college hockey in the state of Minnesota.
                            And for the fans of the other 4 teams in the state...That's just fine.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

There's no way it doesn't happen at this point. MSU would never do this unless the ink was dry.
                              I agree. I would also tend to believe that they'll join the NCHC starting in 2017-18 or they'll be playing as an independent that season. I doubt the WCHA is going to tangle with the 2016-17 schedule as this point since the schedule is already out, but they won't be around for a second season. Don't let the door hit you in the ***** on the way out Mavs.
                              Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                And for the fans of the other 4 teams in the state...That's just fine.
                                It could also mean the best players leave for the CHL. Which is fine by me, I would rather win a Stanley Cup.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X