Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Oval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Chance tMel will make a statement about the schedule soon? The NC games, team, Alaska, campus playoffs, team etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      Just go back to the NMU thread, you annoy the chit out of me. If Mel is willing to play 8 NC road games this year, in condensed schedule due to the change in schedule, there is no reason he isn't kicking himself for not scheduling another series against SOMEONE somewhere last year. Yes, they should not have been swept by UAA at home, but there were at least 4 losses on the schedule that would have changed things for MTU's chances of making the tournament.
      Who else was available to play on Tech's open weekends? How would they have fit into the schedule travel wise?
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Well since the WCHA has pretty much made the playoffs inaccessible for traveling fans, I guess that frees me up to focus on regular season road games. My initial thoughts after looking at the schedule...
        • Would love to see Tech play at Michigan (hopefully Tech won't be going back for a long time and I've never been to Yost)
        • Second choice would be to get to the Norte Dame games (again another team Tech is not likely to play on the road for a while)
        • I missed out on the Alaska double last time and taking 3-4 four days of vacation for 10 days / 4 games in AK looks really appealing (if the weather can cooperate).
        • Bemidji and BGSU are still on my want list, but we play them so often they can afford to get bumped (again) to a future season
        • And there is always hope of a Frozen Four trip, but only if the Huskies are playing.

Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Who else was available to play on Tech's open weekends? How would they have fit into the schedule travel wise?
          Who knows, the only team (outside the WCHA) that played less than allowed was Army, but that doesn't mean MTU didn't have a choice to play AT someone's building and they ended up filling it with someone else.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            Well since the WCHA has pretty much made the playoffs inaccessible for traveling fans, I guess that frees me up to focus on regular season road games. My initial thoughts after looking at the schedule...
            • Would love to see Tech play at Michigan (hopefully Tech won't be going back for a long time and I've never been to Yost)
            • Second choice would be to get to the Norte Dame games (again another team Tech is not likely to play on the road for a while)
            • I missed out on the Alaska double last time and taking 3-4 four days of vacation for 10 days / 4 games in AK looks really appealing (if the weather can cooperate).
            • Bemidji and BGSU are still on my want list, but we play them so often they can afford to get bumped (again) to a future season
            • And there is always hope of a Frozen Four trip, but only if the Huskies are playing.

Ryan J
            My interest is @Duluth (not as big a deal since they will be in Duluth in 2017), @Mankato, @Bemidji, @Notre Dame, and hosting Mankato...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Who knows, the only team (outside the WCHA) that played less than allowed was Army, but that doesn't mean MTU didn't have a choice to play AT someone's building and they ended up filling it with someone else.
              As much success as he's had, I'll trust Mel's judgement. He's one of the best in the game. If there was a possible scheduling agreement that he felt benefitted the program, I'm sure he would have taken it.
              Last edited by davyd83; 05-20-2016, 07:32 AM.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                Chance tMel will make a statement about the schedule soon? The NC games, team, Alaska, campus playoffs, team etc?
                He's going to be on WKMJ at 9am on Friday.

http://themix93.com/wkmjfm-player.php

Comment

I'll be quite impressed if they go .500 those first 10 games in October (7 of which are on the road).

Comment

My interest is @Duluth (not as big a deal since they will be in Duluth in 2017), @Mankato, @Bemidji, @Notre Dame, and hosting Mankato...
                    Yay! Saturday-Sunday series too...
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

My interest is @Duluth (not as big a deal since they will be in Duluth in 2017)
                      I was thinking the same thing, and I was just there in 2012.
                      Ryan J
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Tough starting schedule, but at the end of the regular season, Tech should be in the 20 win range and be at the Mac for at least the first round. The only real question is in the goal. Some good recruits coming in as well. This Huskies team will be solid to start and get better as the season goes on.

Comment

Tough starting schedule, but at the end of the regular season, Tech should be in the 20 win range and be at the Mac for at least the first round. The only real question is in the goal. Some good recruits coming in as well. This Huskies team will be solid to start and get better as the season goes on.
                          Agreed start looks brutal, better be on it from the get go.

Comment

So all the non-conference games are on the road. Last three years we had 20, 16, now 14 home games. I went to South Dump last time they played at Notre Dame and it sucked. The drive there sucked but the only thing that sucked worse were the games. The refs thought they were calling a no-check women's league game and it was a complete embarrassment. Yost is an overrated dump with immature, profane students and Munn is a giant, sad mausoleum. I can't say how I really feel about the schedule because of the language filters, but it rhymes with ducking and ends with stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                              So all the non-conference games are on the road. Last three years we had 20, 16, now 14 home games. I went to South Dump last time they played at Notre Dame and it sucked. The drive there sucked but the only thing that sucked worse were the games. The refs thought they were calling a no-check women's league game and it was a complete embarrassment. Yost is an overrated dump with immature, profane students and Munn is a giant, sad mausoleum. I can't say how I really feel about the schedule because of the language filters, but it rhymes with ducking and ends with stupid.
                              There is a price to pay for those 2-for-1 deals with Michigan and State. On the plus side, Tech gets Duluth at home next year. Not sure how the Notre Dame deal works out, but hopefully that's an even swap for Tech.

Comment

There is a price to pay for those 2-for-1 deals with Michigan and State. On the plus side, Tech gets Duluth at home next year. Not sure how the Notre Dame deal works out, but hopefully that's an even swap for Tech.
                                I'm not sure Duluth's return trip will be next year with MTU part of the icebreaker in Duluth next season. The good news is Tech has at least 4 NC home games in 2017-18, Wisconsin and ASU.

Comment

Working...
                                X