Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Oval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    There is no way that Mel would agree to play 8 road games after skipping on 2 games last season.
    Maybe he's going for those road win bonus points to get into the tournament.

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
      Maybe he's going for those road win bonus points to get into the tournament.
      It could also be regret over not having 2 more games last year...which with a little as a split, could have gotten them into the tournament.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

It could also be regret over not having 2 more games last year...which with a little as a split, could have gotten them into the tournament.
        I thought I heard something about a tournament in South Bend. Might that be the ND game (and then some other team)?

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
          I thought I heard something about a tournament in South Bend. Might that be the ND game (and then some other team)?
          It's possible they will be participating in the Shillelagh Tournament in South Bend, but I believe that's held Thanksgiving weekend and it was my understanding that MTU was doing the Double in Alaska over THanksgivign week again this year?
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

It's possible they will be participating in the Shillelagh Tournament in South Bend, but I believe that's held Thanksgiving weekend and it was my understanding that MTU was doing the Double in Alaska over THanksgivign week again this year?
            From what I can tell, in the schedule spreadsheet that FlagDude maintains, that tournament already has its 4 teams determined. Notre Dame, Holy Cross, Clarkson and Yale.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm sure they more regret not getting a win at home against Anchorage. Or a win in Grand Rapids against Ferris.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                I'm sure they more regret not getting a win at home against Anchorage. Or a win in Grand Rapids against Ferris.
                f off

Comment

f off
                  The dumbass from NMU always butts in. Even though he's usually wrong or just reposting the same thought he had 2 days earlier.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    The dumbass from NMU always butts in. Even though he's usually wrong or just reposting the same thought he had 2 days earlier.
                    Hey pal, I was rooting for Tech long before you, been to more Tech games than you'll ever hope to see, and if they're aren't playing my alma mater, I'm always pulling for the Huskies. I hoped they would win Grand Rapids & make some noise in the NCAA. And please point out where my facts are incorrect.
                    Last edited by davyd83; 05-19-2016, 12:57 PM.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

f off
                      Funny, I've seen the Alaska point made several times. Oh and by the way, NMU would have been at home in the playoffs had they not lost 3 of four to the better team from Houghton. Instead, they got eliminated by the same team a week earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        Yeah, looks like Michigan, MI State, UMD and Notre Dame are the NC games next season. Wonder if any of them are coming to Houghton?
                        Ryan J
                        I am glad that Lake State and Tech did not end up agreeing to non-conference games against each other. It would be nice though if the league can find a way to have them play 4 conference games every year in the future.

Comment

Just go back to the NMU thread, you annoy the chit out of me. If Mel is willing to play 8 NC road games this year, in condensed schedule due to the change in schedule, there is no reason he isn't kicking himself for not scheduling another series against SOMEONE somewhere last year. Yes, they should not have been swept by UAA at home, but there were at least 4 losses on the schedule that would have changed things for MTU's chances of making the tournament.

Comment

MTU hockey plays ever weekend from the first weekend in October til playoffs start except the weekend before and the weekend of Christmas...yikes (edit, and Feb 17-18, still yikes).

http://michigantechhuskies.com/sport...16-17/schedule

@UMD, @Mich, @Mich State, GLI, @ND for NC this year...crazy
                            Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 05-19-2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

When was the last time MTU played a 40-game regular season?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                When was the last time MTU played a 40-game regular season?
                                idk, but they aren't this season...they could possibly do that next season.
                                88-89?
                                15-25-2 season including getting swept out of the WCHA playoffs.
                                Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 05-19-2016, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X