12 games = 10 pts.
    (0 pts in tourney)

Demko
    15 games
    9-4-2
    415 saves on 448 shots 92.63 sv%
    2.20 GAA
    2 shutouts
    (60-63 95.24 sv% 1.50GAA in tourney, Most Outstanding Player)

Comment

Re: 2016 Hobey Hat Trick

There is nothing in the criteria about stats vs NCAA teams or number of games against NCAA teams which of course would favor players in hockey east. If you are going to use strength of schedule as an argument at least use the KRACH SOS.

Comment

I think Jack Eichel should win it again

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          If you are going to use strength of schedule as an argument at least use the KRACH SOS.
          KRACH SOS seems to occasionally go totally against intuition. Basing this only on my knowledge of the women's side, Wisconsin and Minnesota's SOS was through the roof despite a team like UMD who played a significantly tougher OOC schedule *and* conference schedule having a weaker SOS than either of those teams.

I'm not really sure why that is, but in my less-informed-than-I'd-like-to-be opinion I get the feeling that what KRACH is labeling as SOS is not really best described as SOS.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            KRACH SOS seems to occasionally go totally against intuition. Basing this only on my knowledge of the women's side, Wisconsin and Minnesota's SOS was through the roof despite a team like UMD who played a significantly tougher OOC schedule *and* conference schedule having a weaker SOS than either of those teams.

I'm not really sure why that is, but in my less-informed-than-I'd-like-to-be opinion I get the feeling that what KRACH is labeling as SOS is not really best described as SOS.
            I think you can agree the Women's college hockey landscape is far different than the Men's. Less teams, less cross conference play, MUCH greater difference in skill between the best teams and mediocre teams. All this makes for the Women's KRACH SOS much less accurate than the Men's. I don't know of any other SOS metric that is better?

Comment

If you discount Kyle Connor's numbers for the fact that everyone scored in the Big 10, be interesting to see how that compares.

I personally think Vesey or Demko will win. Too much "noise" in Connor's numbers.

Comment

There is nothing in the criteria about stats vs NCAA teams or number of games against NCAA teams which of course would favor players in hockey east. If you are going to use strength of schedule as an argument at least use the KRACH SOS.
                no question, I'm just responding to the idea that demko buffered his numbers by playing soft competition. if anything, it's the exact opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  If it's that easy against bad teams you'd see a lot more goalies with 10 shutouts.
                  Maybe, but I still think shutouts are largely a product of the team playing in front of you. Cam Johnson was crushing shutout numbers of previous UND goalies this year, but I don't think anyone who follows that team believes that he is basically the best goalie to ever play there. Fact is, BC did a very good job manhandling lesser competition and Demko probably didn't have to work real hard for most of those shutouts.

He had a great year, no doubt. I think the difficulty he will have in winning it is that a goalie really has to stand out against the other goaltenders in terms of numbers, and Demko didn't do that. Didn't even lead in save % or GAA, let alone dominate. You look at Ryan Miller's numbers, and he dominated the goalie competition. Had something like a .5 goals per game lead over the next candidate in GAA. Save percentage was something like .950 and everyone else was in the .92's. Demko doesn't have that.

He deserves his spot in the final 3, but I'll be shocked if he wins. My guess is Connor, but either he or Vesey are deserving.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

You should be comparing Demko against Lyon, Johnson, Ellis, Boyle. Garteig. Not Connor. Those goalies have similar stats to Demko and some of them have played just as tough, if not tougher, schedules. Demko is a fantastic goalie, but has not distanced himself from the rest of the competition like Connor has.
                    Exactly and I think if PC and Lowell pushed as hard as BC does with the "marketing" of their goalies, Boyle or Ellis would get more attention.
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Maybe, but I still think shutouts are largely a product of the team playing in front of you. Fact is, BC did a very good job manhandling lesser competition and Demko probably didn't have to work real hard for most of those shutouts.
                      No offense but you are way way way off. And don't know what a "fact" is. When you put "probably" in a sentence with "fact" it shows you have trouble grasping the concept.

And again, if 10 shutouts in a season were easy you would see it a lot more regularly. What a terrible argument.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                        I personally think Vesey or Demko will win.
                        As if I need another reason to root against BC in April!

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                          If you discount Kyle Connor's numbers for the fact that everyone scored in the Big 10, be interesting to see how that compares.

I personally think Vesey or Demko will win. Too much "noise" in Connor's numbers.
                          Everyone scored in the Big 10?

Connor had 71 points. Take out Connor's linemates and the next highest scorer from the Big 10 is Minnesota's Justin Kloos at 43 points. That's quite the gap. I don't think "everyone scored in the Big 10" is a compelling argument.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            Exactly and I think if PC and Lowell pushed as hard as BC does with the "marketing" of their goalies, Boyle or Ellis would get more attention.
                            marketing our goalies? we dont market anything for cripes sake. Another with an obsession with BC, relax, you got your NC last year

Comment

Everyone scored in the Big 10?

Connor had 71 points. Take out Connor's linemates and the next highest scorer from the Big 10 is Minnesota's Justin Kloos at 43 points. That's quite the gap. I don't think "everyone scored in the Big 10" is a compelling argument.
                              I dont think that was his/her point. Its not that individuals scored but all the teams in the Big 10 were questionable defensively and the league as a whole was a poor defensive league.
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                No offense but you are way way way off. And don't know what a "fact" is. When you put "probably" in a sentence with "fact" it shows you have trouble grasping the concept.

And again, if 10 shutouts in a season were easy you would see it a lot more regularly. What a terrible argument.
                                The word "fact" referred to BC's play, as a team, against lesser opponents. It's my opinion, clearly, that Demko likely didn't have to work that hard in those games.

I've never said getting 10 shutouts in a season is easy, but it isn't going to win you the Hobey, either. Not when you finish 2nd and 7th in what most people consider to be the more significant goalie stats of save % and GAA. It's not like second place in shutouts was 2 or something.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X