#1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern...TD Garden (Non Beanpot) Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern...TD Garden (Non Beanpot) Edition

mookie working the 'opposite boy' schtick. Almost worked last weekend.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      The tie was probably the worst officiated game i saw all year
      It was pretty terrible. I believe as a result of this it pretty much led to one of the most ridiculous temper tantrums I've ever seen a player have in this league.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        It was pretty terrible. I believe as a result of this it pretty much led to one of the most ridiculous temper tantrums I've ever seen a player have in this league.
        Refresh my memory on this?
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          you should have won and tied, not tied and lost
          It seemed as though NU hadn't "learned" how to win, how to put the last nail in the opponent's coffin. We should send a note of appreciation to BC for demonstrating how it is done. We learned some important lessons in that series and have really benefitted as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
            Refresh my memory on this?
            In the midst of an 8-1 powerplay discrepancy in the game, BC had managed to kill off NU's 5th PP of the night and Matt Gaudreau a few shifts later got rammed into the boards on what really should have been a 5 minute major on NU. The geniuses in stripes just let play continue and NU scored seconds later as a result of the puck never leaving the zone. 8 seconds after that Couturier lit up an NU player with a pretty reasonable hit and got whistled and Gaudreau went berserk on the bench and got himself a 10 minute misconduct.

That entire game was something to behold. I can't say I've ever seen anything like it in a few respects.
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I can't say I've ever seen anything like it in a few respects.
              You've blacked out the Jack Parker era?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                You've blacked out the Jack Parker era?
                This was worse than a BU Beanpot bagjob. Way way way worse.

Comment

Just got tickets for the weekend at the Garden box office.

Didn't even ask for a student ID so I saved a few bucks.
                  Woo!

Comment

This was worse than a BU Beanpot bagjob. Way way way worse.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                      It seemed as though NU hadn't "learned" how to win, how to put the last nail in the opponent's coffin. We should send a note of appreciation to BC for demonstrating how it is done. We learned some important lessons in that series and have really benefitted as a result.
                      Look, I am not one of those that are stunned with NU's appearance in the garden or the turnaround, seems like it happens every year. The talent is there and has been in many other years but you just haven't been able to get it done for the most part. An upset here and there with said talent should have happened, especially in early February. Clue Madigan in that the season doesnt start after Santa comes down the chimney but rather in early october and you're good

Comment

Didn't see this mentioned here yet so wanted to point out that due to Bruins coverage, this game will be on NESN+

It will also be in main channel for an hour before the Bruins pregame kicks in

Didn't want anyone screaming that their DVR didn't get it all
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                          Didn't see this mentioned here yet so wanted to point out that due to Bruins coverage, this game will be on NESN+

It will also be in main channel for an hour before the Bruins pregame kicks in

Didn't want anyone screaming that their DVR didn't get it all
                          I thought it was on NBCSN?

Comment

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
                            I thought it was on NBCSN?
                            Locally NESN has the coverage, nationwide its NBCSN I think.
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015
                            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                              Locally NESN has the coverage, nationwide its NBCSN I think.
                              AFAIK, you can also get it on NBCSN locally, if it's in your cable/satellite package.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                AFAIK, you can also get it on NBCSN locally, if it's in your cable/satellite package.
                                No, you can't. It's blacked out on NBCSN in New England to protect NESN.
                                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X