LSSU Lakers 2016 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2016 off-season thread

I see Eves over at Wi. got his walking papers. Why is it you never see any Atlantic Conference coaches canned and some of those coaches go decades with bad seasons .

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      I'm can't believe the mods won't do anything about LakerBaker's antics. It's B.S.
      If you don't like my opinion, or links to other articles written by great writers about Laker hockey on a forum that discusses Laker hockey, you don't have to read it. You must be one of the angry "Roquettes" that others are fixated on so much, and want to squelch any opinion which is positive to coach Damon Whitten and the good ship Laker.

Like you, I woke up in a free country this morning, complete with freedom of speech.

Get a grip, man!

Comment

I'm can't believe the mods won't do anything about LakerBaker's antics. It's B.S.
        I don't think that just being annoying, sarcastic and a troll violates the forum standards of conduct, at least for individual posts. Perhaps if enough fans report LakerBaker's offending posts, the Board Admin might do something but I'm not sure. To report a post, click on the small triangle at the bottom left of the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          I don't think that just being annoying, sarcastic and a troll violates the forum standards of conduct, at least for individual posts. Perhaps if enough fans report LakerBaker's offending posts, the Board Admin might do something but I'm not sure. To report a post, click on the small triangle at the bottom left of the post.
          "Bill" you aren't the den mother of this forum, as much as you think you are . I am providing comment, links to articles, and opinion about Laker hockey on a forum dedicated for people to do just that. If you don't like what I'm saying, you don't have to read it. Much like yourself, I woke up in a free country this morning man.

Comment

Speaking of nothing we were just talking about, another one moves onward and upward: http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...signswithtulsa
            Last edited by jsmithe; 03-19-2016, 02:49 PM.
            Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              jsmithe said this in an earlier post. This statement is why the mods shouldn't allow the coping and pasting of articles on here that LakerBaker does.....
              Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
              The cutting and pasting of articles drives me absolutely nuts. So many people these days are paid for their writing by the number of "clicks" on the article. Copying and pasting the article on the board may hurt people in the paycheck, which, in turn, can lead to less material to read. Not sure if articles here are paid that way, but if that is the case, I don't want to be that guy who puts the writers out of work.

Also congratulations to Drapluk!
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Reckon the mods would get interested quickly if someone started posting USHO articles to a website with which they compete for advertisers.

Comment

Ferris State wins the Broadmoor Trophy and the only WCHA team to get an NCAA tournament bid. The last team to beat Ferris State was the Lakers!
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Ferris State wins the Broadmoor Trophy and the only WCHA team to get an NCAA tournament bid. The last team to beat Ferris State was the Lakers!
                    Hopefully they can do well next week. Looks like they will play St. Cloud from the bracket predictions.

Comment

Tech had them beat last year and could not seal the empty netter. This is not a great draw for the league hopes, Motzko is a winner!
                      St. Cloud gives us fits.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        Read many of LakerBaker's posts this season.
                        I saw nothing negative in any that I read.
                        LakerBaker posted up a lot of things directly from the program.
                        All the ones I saw were positive towards the program.
                        Nice first post, LakerBaker.....I mean "Tim"

Comment

They played with a lot of energy and played great D. On Friday, Tech skated well but looked out of sync on offense. On Saturday, Minnesota State just plain looked flat. Ferris is going to have to play great D to have a chance against St Cloud while still finding some offense.

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                            Nice first post, LakerBaker.....I mean "Tim"
                            I've been following the Laker hockey thread since Damon was hired.
                            Damon is the reason I started following the Lakers and reading the thread.
                            It really doesn't make any difference to me whether LakerBaker cuts and pastes articles.
                            This is the only place I see the information he posts and I don't have the resources, time nor inclination to hunt elsewhere.
                            I also could care less what LakerBaker thought of the previous coach or coaches.
                            Imho LakerBaker is posting interesting information.
                            The folks wasting their time on here hating on LakerBaker (haters are gonna hate) may want to consider leaving LakerBaker alone or ignoring his posts and directing their energy to supporting Laker hockey in a more constructive manner.
                            It's humorous that you think I'm LakerBaker posting under another name.
                            If it makes anyone feel better chasing that baloney feel free to continue however it's just more time wasted instead of promoting Laker hockey.

Comment

Haters gonna hate.
                              Sad.
                              I state my opinion and get turned red.
                              The hate is really helping the program. Not.
                              You haters keep on wasting your energy.
                              Last edited by Tim; 03-20-2016, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                                ...It really doesn't make any difference to me whether LakerBaker cuts and pastes articles.
                                This is the only place I see the information he posts and I don't have the resources, time nor inclination to hunt elsewhere....
                                I don't have anything against posting links to articles with a quick note on what the article is. Like I said, it's when the entire article is copied & pasted, people don't follow the link, which does nothing to help those bringing us the information. I've done a bit of writing in the past and can say firsthand that a stringer (freelance, or self-employed writer) isn't quitting his or her day job.
                                Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Working...
                                X