This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2016 Off Season thread: A Drivel-free Summer

Milos making his Utica debut tonight. Rough 1st period, -2 and one of those was a SHG so he must be on the PP.....http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1015616.......Z's not playing. Must be injured because he hasn’t been in the lineup for about 2 weeks now.
    Last edited by turk181; 03-19-2016, 07:17 PM.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      Milos making his Utica debut tonight. Rough 1st period, -2 and one of those was a SHG so he must be on the PP.....http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1015616.......Z's not playing. Must be injured because he hasn’t been in the lineup for about 2 weeks now.
      Guess he was on the ice for Utica's first goal, cause he's now -1.
      Kind of ironic that he's wearing #39, which was Z's number when he played for RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
        Kind of ironic that he's wearing #39, which was Z's number when he played for RPI.
        You're thinking of Haggerty. Zalewski wore 19.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          You're thinking of Haggerty. Zalewski wore 19.
          Oops. My bad. Must be in off season mode...

When are you going to post the final PtC standings? Not that I won or anything.

Comment

Oops. My bad. Must be in off season mode...

When are you going to post the final PtC standings? Not that I won or anything.
            When I'm done mourning. Probably tomorrow.
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Yes, he was. He later went back to a -2 though.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Today is 20 March 2016. There are 195 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2016 for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08
                  What do you know, SAJ has pushed the 'tute into emotional distress... https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nment-worried/
                  That should be no problem. SAJ can easily cover that $4M from her $5.9M retention payout in 2012.
                  Last edited by DeepRed72; 03-20-2016, 09:51 AM.
                  "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                    That should be no problem. SAJ can easily cover that $4M from her $5.9M retention payout in 2012.
                    DeepRed: Your nickname here might well describe the financial situation that has been developing at RPI. Jen and i have always been major supporters of the school but have had our donations targeted (or supposedly targeted). The accounting firm we use for our corporate and personal returns had asked for information from the school years ago and had appraised us of arising problems. Needless to say we have long since changed our charitable donation policy. I am not sure where the blame lies but in my occupation, $hiT flows uphill and the blame has to be placed accordingly. One wonders how an institution that was given an anonymous donation of around $360 million some years back (at least that is what was reported) has managed to squander it.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      DeepRed: Your nickname here might well describe the financial situation that has been developing at RPI. Jen and i have always been major supporters of the school but have had our donations targeted (or supposedly targeted). The accounting firm we use for our corporate and personal returns had asked for information from the school years ago and had appraised us of arising problems. Needless to say we have long since changed our charitable donation policy. I am not sure where the blame lies but in my occupation, $hiT flows uphill and the blame has to be placed accordingly. One wonders how an institution that was given an anonymous donation of around $360 million some years back (at least that is what was reported) has managed to squander it.
                      ...and yet, the queen gets the most of any college leader.

Comment

RPI actually sent a "They don't know what they're talking about" e-mail to all alums. Funny enough, $1,000,000,000 of debt doesn't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          ...and yet, the queen gets the most of any college leader.
                          I just received an email from Rensselaer rebutting the Washington Post article. As somebody who worked in Finance for 27 years (switched careers from Engineering after getting an MBA in 1985), I have never seen a Corporation admit to findings of fiduciary irresponsibility. Cooking the books by restating liabilities as assets, over-estimating revenues, not recognizing bad debt, under-funding pension obligations, etc. . . . are all accounting games that they play. I too, used to contribute annually to RPI but that ended a while back. After learning of the outrageous compensation that SAJ is getting, I assure you they will not get another dime from me until her tenure is over. I couldn't find a link to the response but I trust many of you have received the email also. File it under "Damage Control."
                          "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

I sort of knew what was happening when last year. I gave a small donation to the school so that I could use the Mueller Center. So, I did some research on how much I had to donate, and donated that amount. I got a letter thanking me for my donation, and to call if there were any issues. I went to the MC, and guess what? I couldn't use it. So on the phone I go. I explained what happened, and this is the response. "We apologize for any inconvenience, but our website is wrong. We require a donation of this amount in order to take advantage of our facilities as an alumni." And then I read this. Good going RPI, it's a wonder I still do what I do for you.
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                              I just received an email from Rensselaer rebutting the Washington Post article. As somebody who worked in Finance for 27 years (switched careers from Engineering after getting an MBA in 1985), I have never seen a Corporation admit to findings of fiduciary irresponsibility. Cooking the books by restating liabilities as assets, over-estimating revenues, not recognizing bad debt, under-funding pension obligations, etc. . . . are all accounting games that they play. I too, used to contribute annually to RPI but that ended a while back. After learning of the outrageous compensation that SAJ is getting, I assure you they will not get another dime from me until her tenure is over. I couldn't find a link to the response but I trust many of you have received the email also. File it under "Damage Control."
                              For the record, here is the response:

STATEMENT BY RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE REGARDING US DOE FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY TEST RESULTS

Rensselaer takes exception to the U.S. Department of Education financial responsibility test calculations, which have been recently reported by a handful of media outlets. We disagree specifically with the Department regarding their treatment of pension liabilities and accumulated endowment gains. This is a view shared by the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU) and the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO), each of whom have expressed issues with the Financial Responsibility Standards.

Rensselaer is fortunate to have a fairly large endowment as a result of the generosity of its donors over the years. However, during the past 16 years, Rensselaer has contributed significantly to a long-standing legacy pension plan to meet the targeted funding required by the U.S. Department of Labor. The President, with the support of the Board of Trustees, has chosen to honor and recognize Rensselaer’s commitment to its retired faculty and staff and funded the legacy pension plan to the required funding target level.

Rensselaer has communicated extensively with the U.S. Department of Education and continues to work constructively with the Department to address this issue. Furthermore, Rensselaer has applied the remedy sought by the Department of Education – namely, posting a letter of credit, which puts us in good financial standing with the Department. We did this despite raising our exception, because we value our relationship with the U.S Department of Education and the importance of our participation in the Title IV programs, which are critically important to our students and their ability to obtain a post-secondary education.

The financial state of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is strong. We are proud of the strategic investments we have made in our faculty, students, and campus facilities. We intend to continue to focus expenditures on creating programs and research capabilities that will benefit not only the campus community and our vast alumni base, but the world at large. By realizing our vision of The New Polytechnic, we will advance the science and technology in areas critical to global health and well-being, and will deliver a transformational educational experience to the world’s future innovators, problem-solvers and leaders.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

.......and back to hockey. Congrats to Chris Bradley on his 1st pro goal. Luke has his 4th BTW & a fight, waiting on the assist...... http://www.echl.com/stats/official-g...?game_id=13528

Comment

Working...
                                X