X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2016 Off Season thread: A Drivel-free Summer

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
    I hope we get the full story on Kasdorf. Not sure how he can dress and not play, injury or not.

Disappointing end to a promising start. Something fell off the table from the first visit to Bright, and the second. Still no LP visits during Appert's tenure and a similar result.
    Groin pull. They tried to wrap it super tight so he could play because he's a senior and it was his last game, but he just couldn't go. He stayed dressed because it was his last game and he wanted to be on the bench. Buffalo scout was none too pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by klumpmypants View Post
      Groin pull. They tried to wrap it super tight so he could play because he's a senior and it was his last game, but he just couldn't go. He stayed dressed because it was his last game and he wanted to be on the bench. Buffalo scout was none too pleased.
      Actually, I heard that the injury occurred during Friday morning's skate.
      He "gave it a go" on Friday night, but he wasn't 100%, which was why SA pulled him on Friday with hope that he would be good to go on Saturday which unfortunately was not the case.
      As I mentioned last night, it must have very disappointing for Jason to finish his RPI career (assuming that he doesn't use his redshirt year) sitting on the bench watching his team get blown out in the third period.

Comment

Cant wait to go to placid and not see us again
        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by hrbrendan View Post
          im optimistic that the offense will see an uptick next year at least. It'd be nice to have a "complete team" to root for for a change.
          I would really try to understand how you can be optimistic. Exactly what is your basis? Granted, last season was so horrid there couldn't help but be some improvement this year. However after what we saw last night, if Kazzy bolts does it look like we have an able replacement in the net? An 'uptick' from mediocrity after 10 years of disappointments isn't a reason for optimism. Sorry, but I'm not taking the same meds as you apparently.
          "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
            Actually, I heard that the injury occurred during Friday morning's skate.
            He "gave it a go" on Friday night, but he wasn't 100%, which was why SA pulled him on Friday with hope that he would be good to go on Saturday which unfortunately was not the case.
            As I mentioned last night, it must have very disappointing for Jason to finish his RPI career (assuming that he doesn't use his redshirt year) sitting on the bench watching his team get blown out in the third period.
            Injury... limited mobility... not 100%. And the Buffalo scout was not happy? Kazzie 's played every minute of every game since he returned from his early-season injury. He's earned some good will with me.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
              Injury... limited mobility... not 100%. And the Buffalo scout was not happy? Kazzie 's played every minute of every game since he returned from his early-season injury. He's earned some good will with me.
              For the sake of the team and for Kazzy's career, I do hope that Buffalo does not call him up and he gets to play another year for us. Frankly he has not returned to the form he had as a freshman. He did make many spectacular saves this season but he also had a tendency lately to let in a softie or two at an importune time (like OT). And his decision making could sometimes be brought into question. He made one god-awful decision in the third period of the second Brown game to go behind the net and almost cost us the game right there. From what I witnessed last night Hackett is not the answer.
              "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Told you, Ralph.

And this is what I meant by the negative ions" comment.
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                  I would really try to understand how you can be optimistic. Exactly what is your basis? Granted, last season was so horrid there couldn't help but be some improvement this year. However after what we saw last night, if Kazzy bolts does it look like we have an able replacement in the net?
                  I wouldn't take too much away from Hackett's game last night. As we saw earlier in the season, he's clearly better than what we saw last night. I'm chalking last night up to being thrust into a very tough situation (must win game on the road in a tough rink against a very strong opponent) at the last minute. His starts earlier in the season were strong. I think he'll be a strong starter.

To me the bigger questions concern offense and what seem to be chronic issues. It's tough to win when PP is consistently in single digits and GF is low too. If we can improve overall offensive output including the PP, that can only help.

Comment

Re our offense next season.

If Evan Tironese returns to the form he exhibited at the start of the season, (but he has lost most of two years, so I wonder if he will),
                    If Brady Wiffen scores as he did a year ago,
                    If Todd Burgess scores as he has for Fairbanks this year,
                    If there is improvement from the returning players.

That is a lot of Ifs, but if they happen, then Cam Hackett and Chase Perry will be adequate or better in net.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I would really try to understand how you can be optimistic. Exactly what is your basis? Granted, last season was so horrid there couldn't help but be some improvement this year. However after what we saw last night, if Kazzy bolts does it look like we have an able replacement in the net? An 'uptick' from mediocrity after 10 years of disappointments isn't a reason for optimism. Sorry, but I'm not taking the same meds as you apparently.
                      Agree with another poster that Hacket was better over a longer stretch earlier in the season. He has great feet and stick.I think he will be fine. The reason for optimism lies in the expectation that the injury bug of the past few years can't go on forever. There is a good deal of talent and depth, if they can stay healthy. Of course, next season is a very long way away.

Comment

Looking down the pipe at what we have coming, and what we saw a glimpse of earlier in the season *coughTironesecough*, you are full of ****. Yes, the season's over. That means a fresh start next year. One very clear principle to remember in "I'll believe it when I see it" is that they'll have a chance to show it in October. Sure, we spent a lot of this season depending WAY too much on Kasdorf, so let's improve other facets of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                          Probably because he spent all that time travelling from Buffalo/Rochester/Elmira just to see his player of interest ride the pine pony. Of course one wouldn't be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Looking down the pipe at what we have coming, and what we saw a glimpse of earlier in the season *coughTironesecough*, you are full of ****. Yes, the season's over. That means a fresh start next year. One very clear principle to remember in "I'll believe it when I see it" is that they'll have a chance to show it in October. Sure, we spent a lot of this season depending WAY too much on Kasdorf, so let's improve other facets of the game.
                            Wow, you know someone must really be a negative nelly when even FLAGGY says something like this...
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Last night was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in a game. Hard to win when you're playing down 4 skaters on the ice. The biggest moment was the goal early in the third period, after which Coach lost his mind due to the blatant non-call.

I feel for this team...they were a pleasure to watch this season.
                              Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                                Last night was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in a game. Hard to win when you're playing down 4 skaters on the ice. The biggest moment was the goal early in the third period, after which Coach lost his mind due to the blatant non-call.

I feel for this team...they were a pleasure to watch this season.
                                Welcome to a game run by Chip MacDonald. It's pretty sad when you hear groans at the announcement of some officials, because you know games are going to end up just like that.

Looking forward to a potential boost on the attacking side of things next year. Sadly didn't get a chance to watch any of them play a Juniors game.

Comment

Working...
                                X