Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Maybe Sean Bean needs the work.
    Will still die by the end of the season.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      I'm starting to think that he most definitely did.

He was clearly conflicted when he watched the battle against his brother.

He wasn't happy about burning the Tarleys.

He expressed how devasted he was about the other kids dying.

He was grim faced when he returned from his audience with Cersei.

Why was he so troubled outside of their cabin door? He had to know they would hook up and so what? Changes nothing and he's been around the block and knows how these things play out.

So why lurk outside their cabin looking all troubled?

There's some possibility of a double agent there...
      The theory I've heard that I find pretty interesting is that he promised Cersei that her unborn child will be Dany's successor, because she can't have kids. Or so he may have thought.

If so, Tyrion is super screwed. Not only is Cersei not going to help, Jon and Dany are giving making a legitimate successor for her a go. And of course, it doesn't really matter anyway because Jon is Aegon Targaryen, fifteen thousandth of his name. It doesn't go through Dany anymore, because it actually never went to her in the first place.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Also, I found it very interesting, and quite awesome that Sandor and Gregor stood toe to toe and they were the same height. They make Gregor look so big all the time, but Sandor Clegane is a ****ing huge dude as well.
        And Brienne walking beside Sandor was the same height.

That scene bothered me a bit. They've changed actors for The Mountain twice now, and I seem to remember from the first season that he was quite a bit bigger than The Hound. Like another half a foot or more. They could have at least had the Mountain actor stand on a box or something when they shot that. It ruined the massiveness, the impressiveness they've been building for him.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Picked up book one last night.

First two chapters are also the start of the show.

Here goes...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Picked up book one last night.

First two chapters are also the start of the show.

Here goes...
            The first book follows the first season very closely, though there are some differences, of course. You're about to be introduced to a whole slew of characters that never made it into the TV show.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              The first book follows the first season very closely, though there are some differences, of course. You're about to be introduced to a whole slew of characters that never made it into the TV show.

Fine by me.

The last thing I want to do is spend time reading episodes I've already seen.

I'm hoping for a more fleshed out universe and history and more character depth.

The show has done a great job with all of that, but no movie or show can match a book. Obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Fine by me.

The last thing I want to do is spend time reading episodes I've already seen.

I'm hoping for a more fleshed out universe and history and more character depth.

The show has done a great job with all of that, but no movie or show can match a book. Obviously.
                Okay. That's exactly what you'll receive, then. After the first book, the seasons and the books start to divert from one another. It's to the point where GRRM said that the show has to give us a different final victor for the GoT than who he's planned for the books.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

There aren't that many different/new characters in the first book, there are just characters that are more in the background in the show better fleshed out. After you read the book, you can watch season 1 over, and you'll be recognizing secondary and tertiary characters by name, because you'll know them from the book.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

There are a lot of characters after book one who didn't make it to tv. I think reading is a totally different experience.
                    I struggled through book 4, but enjoyed the rest

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      There are a lot of characters after book one who didn't make it to tv. I think reading is a totally different experience.
                      I struggled through book 4, but enjoyed the rest
                      I gave up on book 4. Something fell apart for me, and I just stopped. Reading around, it looks like that a significant number of people had the same reaction as me. Did book 5 get better?

...I won't even ask about book 6.

Comment

Okay. That's exactly what you'll receive, then. After the first book, the seasons and the books start to divert from one another. It's to the point where GRRM said that the show has to give us a different final victor for the GoT than who he's planned for the books.
                        Wait. Where did he say this? (Not that it matters in practicality.)
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I gave up on book 4. Something fell apart for me, and I just stopped. Reading around, it looks like that a significant number of people had the same reaction as me. Did book 5 get better?

...I won't even ask about book 6.
                          4 and 5 were...not great. The stuff in Mereen was even more slow and plodding than in the show, we got an extra about 300 pages following Tyrion's journey after leaving Westeros, which is completely different than the show. A whole bunch more Dorne, a whole bunch more Iron Islands. Entire storylines that don't show up in the show, and seem to be inconsequential to the end game. And on, and on.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Wait. Where did he say this? (Not that it matters in practicality.)
                            He was being quoted by the GoT producers (I never have known which one is which) in one of their behind-the-scenes promos for season 6. At this point, I just took them at their word that they quoted him correctly. It makes sense, saying that the way they treated the characters, and had to alter some storylines slightly, have altered their outcome in the show vs. the outcome in the books. Some characters have died in the show that weren't scheduled to die in the books, and their roles affect the final outcome.

Comment

This is amazing!
                              https://thetab.com/us/2017/08/27/big...-thrones-71064

Illinois- arya. "Every night before you sleep you reel off the names of everyone who beat you last year. Nebraska. Purdue. Michigan. Minnesota. Wisconsin. Iowa. Northwestern."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                Aegon?

ThatsTheJoke.jpg

Welcome to book-reader nerd-dom. Don't listen to people who rag on AFFC or ADWD. There's not as much action but holy smokes do they emphasize the main themes and create new depths.

The characters that people thought Ian McShane and Jim Broadbent would (but didn't) play make for excellent reading, even in very brief appearances.
                                Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 08-30-2017, 09:54 PM.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X