Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    First, **** the Greyjoys. The fact that we had to waste time on Theon's redemption story bugs me, and that is probably the only part of this episode that does bug me. Theon has had enough chances, and I hope that Euron slits his throat.

As for Gendry, I would think that he would get Storm's End, the ancestral seat of the Baratheon family, and the Durrandons before that. Dragonstone is the ancestral seat of the Targaryens, so it wouldn't make sense for Gendry to have it. That will end up being Aegon and Danerys's vacation love shack.
    I'm fairly confident that the only reason people are surviving at this point is because they have a purpose in getting us to episode 73. It's why Littlefinger died. His purpose was fulfilled. The Vale had to be united again under the Starks and he was the instrument that accomplished that. Like you told me on Friday, they're done with character development. At this point it's about getting to the end.

Theon and Yara have something else to give the plot. Or, this was the last time we saw either of them and season eight starts with a shot of their bodies floating on the open ocean.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Theon and Yara have something else to give the plot. Or, this was the last time we saw either of them and season eight starts with a shot of their bodies floating on the open ocean.
      Hopefully this. Or, we just never see them again, because Theon's arc is complete once he actually takes the action to go save his sister, regardless of what happens. I just really don't want to see any Greyjoy not named Euron again.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Jaime raped Cersei when they were viewing Joffrey's body. I don't recall what season it was, maybe season 5?
        It wasn't so much a rape as it was a poorly filmed sequence. The producers had a post mortem interview on that scene, I forget where I read it, and they said that they just didn't capture the pages from the book correctly on the screen. They didn't see it as rape before it aired because they knew the source material, but understood why people thought that who haven't read the books - because they got the execution of the scene all wrong.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Also, I found it very interesting, and quite awesome that Sandor and Gregor stood toe to toe and they were the same height. They make Gregor look so big all the time, but Sandor Clegane is a ****ing huge dude as well.
          I was very surprised by this too.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

First, **** the Greyjoys. The fact that we had to waste time on Theon's redemption story bugs me, and that is probably the only part of this episode that does bug me. Theon has had enough chances, and I hope that Euron slits his throat.
            The only reason to have spent so much screen time on Theon lo these many years is to set up his redemption.

More importantly and pathetically, that scene was supposed to highlight Jon's leadership skills and essential goodness, neither of which are real. Jon is a sniveling adolescent Mary Sue for all the sniveling adolescents who have identified with themes of Personal Honor and Sacrifice and been merrily fed into the meat grinder by men far wiser and more sane than they, in all ages.
            Last edited by Kepler; 08-28-2017, 10:16 AM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              "Nice wall you have there..." - Night King
              "We're *****d."
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Jon bringing up the "You can be a Greyjoy, and a Stark" to Theon is foreshadowing to Jon when he can be a Stark and a Targaryen. That's what that scene was for.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  The only reason to have spent so much screen time on Theon lo these many years is to set up his redemption.

More importantly and pathetically, that scene was supposed to highlight Jon's leadership skills and essential goodness, neither of which are real. Jon is a sniveling adolescent Mary Sue for all the sniveling adolescents who have identified with themes of Personal Honor and Sacrifice and been merrily fed into the meat grinder by men far wiser and more sane than they, in all ages.
                  I just assumed he was around to produce a rightful heir to the throne. Since he probably got that job done last night, all that's left is some sort of spectacular death.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Aegon?

Wow. Goalie bow.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      I just assumed he was around to produce a rightful heir to the throne. Since he probably got that job done last night, all that's left is some sort of spectacular death.
                      I'm rooting for an ignominious death. Maybe Brienne falls on him and he's stabbed with his own sword.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Wow. Goalie bow.

Borrowed.

Wish I had come up with it though.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          Jon bringing up the "You can be a Greyjoy, and a Stark" to Theon is foreshadowing to Jon when he can be a Stark and a Targaryen. That's what that scene was for.
                          That scene was fine, the Greyjoy beach scene was where it was went too far.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

What are the odds that we see Little Finger marching against Winterfell next season? After all, they're still recruiting.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              What are the odds that we see Little Finger marching against Winterfell next season? After all, they're still recruiting.
                              They can bring back anybody who wasn't burned. Maybe Sean Bean needs the work.
                              Cornell University

Comment

They can bring back anybody who wasn't burned. Maybe Sean Bean needs the work.
                                The difference being that Ned's all bones now, that's the only way jolly ol' King Joff was allowing him down from his spikes. So it wouldn't look much like him. Assuming no ability to seal coffins like we do today, most or all of the others in the crypt should be well on their way to dust by now. It's not really a dry, arid climate around Winterfell.

Comment

Working...
                                X