Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

I have always tried to do an episode per night starting with season one and ending the final episode of the previous season the night of the premier.

For a show like this, it's almost a must so you can remember the details.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Interesting theory I saw in a review...

Did Tyrion betray Jon and Daneyrus when he found out Cersei was pregnant?

It sure seemed to have an effect on him and could explain the almost forlorn look as he was outside their cabin on the ship.

That would be a good twist.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Interesting theory I saw in a review...

Did Tyrion betray Jon and Daneyrus when he found out Cersei was pregnant?

It sure seemed to have an effect on him and could explain the almost forlorn look as he was outside their cabin on the ship.

That would be a good twist.
        I don't see why he would.

BTW, I'm not clear on my timeline but could this be the coffin rape baby?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I think that was too long ago...in show time, I believe that Joffrey would have died a year or 2 ago at this point.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The Greyjoys – Theon finally stops being a putz?

What about Gendry? Will he get Dragonstone or whatever Stannis' place was called?
            First, **** the Greyjoys. The fact that we had to waste time on Theon's redemption story bugs me, and that is probably the only part of this episode that does bug me. Theon has had enough chances, and I hope that Euron slits his throat.

As for Gendry, I would think that he would get Storm's End, the ancestral seat of the Baratheon family, and the Durrandons before that. Dragonstone is the ancestral seat of the Targaryens, so it wouldn't make sense for Gendry to have it. That will end up being Aegon and Danerys's vacation love shack.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Also, I found it very interesting, and quite awesome that Sandor and Gregor stood toe to toe and they were the same height. They make Gregor look so big all the time, but Sandor Clegane is a ****ing huge dude as well.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The Lannisters – will Jamie kill Cersei or the other way around?
                The most plausible theory I've seen floating around since the spring is that Jamie Lannister ends up being the hero of the story. Basically, he completes his redemption.

Honestly, I really like this theory.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm..._theory_about/
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I'm starting to think that he most definitely did.

He was clearly conflicted when he watched the battle against his brother.

He wasn't happy about burning the Tarleys.

He expressed how devasted he was about the other kids dying.

He was grim faced when he returned from his audience with Cersei.

Why was he so troubled outside of their cabin door? He had to know they would hook up and so what? Changes nothing and he's been around the block and knows how these things play out.

So why lurk outside their cabin looking all troubled?

There's some possibility of a double agent there...

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    First, **** the Greyjoys. The fact that we had to waste time on Theon's redemption story bugs me, and that is probably the only part of this episode that does bug me. Theon has had enough chances, and I hope that Euron slits his throat.

As for Gendry, I would think that he would get Storm's End, the ancestral seat of the Baratheon family, and the Durrandons before that. Dragonstone is the ancestral seat of the Targaryens, so it wouldn't make sense for Gendry to have it. That will end up being Aegon and Danerys's vacation love shack.

Hilarious to see that you are such a nerd about this. Wouldn't have guessed it.

No offense intended - it's good to be a well rounded person with diverse interests.

I probably can recite more about Tolien's universe than you can about this, so I certainly am not mocking.

I plan on reading the books between now and the final season.

I expect to enjoy the greater fleshing out immensely.

Comment

And what's the "coffin rape?"

Don't remember anything like that...

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Honestly, I really like this theory.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm..._theory_about/

My wife and I have discussed this as likely although this guy makes a compelling case with the details.

I honestly expect Jamie to kill Cersei.

Comment

And what's the "coffin rape?"

Don't remember anything like that...
                          Jaime raped Cersei when they were viewing Joffrey's body. I don't recall what season it was, maybe season 5?

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Oh, 1 thing bugged me, because of my book reading knowledge.

The Golden Company. The history of The Golden Company being from the line of Blackfyre Targaryens, and their stated mission to be take back the throne for the Blackfyres, whom they looked at as the true heirs to the throne. Why the hell would the Golden Company come to Westeros to fight for the throne, if they didn't have a Blackfyre to put on it? It just doesn't jive with what I know from the books.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Jaime raped Cersei when they were viewing Joffrey's body. I don't recall what season it was, maybe season 5?

Ah yes... had forgotten that.

I agree though that the baby was made later - that was quite a while ago.

Comment

My wife and I have discussed this as likely although this guy makes a compelling case with the details.

I honestly expect Jamie to kill Cersei.
                                Actually, I think the creator of the theory is a woman. I stumbled across it when I was reading a story online where the author of the story was interviewing the creator of the theory, and I think she referred to her husband in that interview, although that my be presumptuous on my part, too.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X