Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Yeah who knows, I get that they have finite resources and so they probably needed to wrap up the show in 6 episodes for whatever reason (also the pace can be a bit plodding at times so I like that they're speeding it up a little...) but some of the stuff like Jaime just undoing all his character development and being knight buddies with Brienne (that whole scene would be tough to rewatch if you went through the series again)... it's not totally unforeseeable but it's just a total reversal without any real buildup or explanation.

Bronn scene was laughably bad. The end with the dragon/army five feet away but Cersei's gonna give them a chance to fight the final battle for some reason... :facepalm: That after the dragon dies because they didn't do any basic scouting like five feet from the coast of King's Landing... I get that the 2nd dragon probably had to die somehow and I can suspend my belief that the arrows somehow hit the moving target perfectly on the first shot 1000 yards away in the wind but it seemed kinda lazy how it all happened (she flies through all the arrows on her dragon somehow... :***: ) and then Dany barely shows any emotion after it happens.

There's other stuff I'm forgetting too but this isn't the first time a good show struggled towards the end.
    And why's she dive-bombing straight at them through those spears if she's not gonna light them up in dragonfire?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      It was forced by how close we are to the end. There was simply no time to have an Anabasis. Space and time are no match for a tight shooting schedule.
      I get that, though apparently they lacked writers too.

Comment

We act like HBO said they had 6 episodes...if I'm not mistaken this was the writer's decision to do 6 episodes this season....maybe they were afraid of too many episodes plodding along slowly but it does seem like this could have used 8 episodes instead of 6.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          We act like HBO said they had 6 episodes...if I'm not mistaken this was the writer's decision to do 6 episodes this season....maybe they were afraid of too many episodes plodding along slowly but it does seem like this could have used 8 episodes instead of 6.
          With the extra length of the later episodes it's probably going to work out about 8.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            I think it was fewer episodes so they could beef up the CGI budget.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

GRRM came out today and announced which candidate he’s supporting in 2020.

Scintillating, it’s not like we’re waiting on a book George!

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                GRRM came out today and announced which candidate he’s supporting in 2020.

Scintillating, it’s not like we’re waiting on a book George!
                His statement says Biden is OK by him, not that he endorses him. His endorsement is anybody but Dump.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Did anybody else see the coffee cup sitting in front of Danaerys last night? This is when she was sitting at the head table in Winterfell while Jon and Tormund were slapping each others' backs and joking.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Did anybody else see the coffee cup sitting in front of Danaerys last night? This is when she was sitting at the head table in Winterfell while Jon and Tormund were slapping each others' backs and joking.
                    Winterfell got a Starbucks before Wakanda
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I didn’t have a problem with the episode until the Cersei scene. Even then, I try to let myself enjoy things rather than get my undies in a bunch about plot holes.

Sometimes you need to just turn off your brain and enjoy things.
                      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 05-07-2019, 07:20 AM.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I usually can do that but when it gets so bad that even someone like me notices how badly it’s jumped the shark (and not just overly critical internet nerds) that’s not a good sign. I didn’t have as many criticisms of seasons 5-6 like some and only towards the end of season 7 did I start noticing that maaaaybe the quality was a bit down. But the last two episodes were kinda embarrassing for a show that’s been as good as this one has been.

Comment

I thought The Long Night was excellent. This last episode was just moving pieces and letting you breathe. Everyone’s mileage may vary and that’s ok. I like to start with a pretty low baseline and be blown away than set the expectations at a 9.5 and be continuously disappointed.

It certainly isn’t that 10/10 quality it was at its peak. Hard to do that for seven years. But like you said, it’s not as bad as the Writers Guild of the Internet thinks.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I thought The Long Night was excellent. This last episode was just moving pieces and letting you breathe. Everyone’s mileage may vary and that’s ok. I like to start with a pretty low baseline and be blown away than set the expectations at a 9.5 and be continuously disappointed.

It certainly isn’t that 10/10 quality it was at its peak. Hard to do that for seven years. But like you said, it’s not as bad as the Writers Guild of the Internet thinks.
                            I thought the long night was great too. This last episode was an abomination though.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The long night had some cool moments and it was suspenseful watching it live but I don't think it's one that's gonna lend itself to re-watching all that well and it just turned the Night King and all the white walker buildup into a complete joke (as well as Bran's character most likely). Those are probably the two biggest issues but there were a ton. These last two episodes are as bad as the internet thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                The long night had some cool moments and it was suspenseful watching it live but I don't think it's one that's gonna lend itself to re-watching all that well and it just turned the Night King and all the white walker buildup into a complete joke (as well as Bran's character most likely). Those are probably the two biggest issues but there were a ton. These last two episodes are as bad as the internet thinks.
                                Wasn't a joke at all. The Night King was always the weakness of the undead army. His need to go after Bran was absolute. Arya had trained as an assassin for years. That episode had the proper build up and the proper resolution.

The stupidity of the last episode, however, is boundless.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X