Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A New Coach for UMass...

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    Wait. Someone wants to make a pilgrimage to Amherst??
    Could be worse ... imagine a pilgrimage to Lowell? Orono?? Schenectady???
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      Wait. Someone wants to make a pilgrimage to Amherst??
      I hear Amherst College plays a pretty good brand of hockey. Coach has been there for a while too. Needs a nickname though.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Mike McMahon tweeted the following just now

According to several sources, UMass is interested in talking to "at least one current Hockey East head coach" regarding its HC opening.
        One source suggested a conversation, at least a preliminary one, has already taken place.

Let the Jerry York to UMass speculation begin!

Comment

umass would be considered a step up from? merrimack? dennehy is former assistant. that would be my guess.

Comment

Red Gendron come on down!!!
            BS UMass Lowell 2015
            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
              That would be expensive. Gendron just signed an extension and is under contract for three more years at $210K/year.

Comment

I for one welcome Amherst's continued basement-dwelling.

Though I mean I guess 12th to 11th is technically a step up.

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
                  I for one welcome Amherst's continued basement-dwelling.
                  I second that motion!

But welcome back Wardy!
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    That would be expensive. Gendron just signed an extension and is under contract for three more years at $210K/year.
                    So you're saying there's a chance!
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Take him, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        umass would be considered a step up from? merrimack? dennehy is former assistant. that would be my guess.
                        That is logical. Any coach with the slightest regard for his present team would not talk to another school till they are eliminated. Why open up any speculation to disrupt your preparations. Such a move to talk to those coaches at this point also would question UMass' integrity.

Add to that Dennehy is one of 2 coaches just eliminated who fits that category of being done this past weekend. Also McMahon's Connection to the Mack program
                        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

So in all seriousness. Clearly we rule out the 4 coaches still in, not only because they are still playing, but because common sense (Madigan would be the only one who you might have considered at Christmas from this group, but hes a NU guy through and through). So that leaves

Jeff Jackson - Obvious no
                          Dave Quinn - They don't sell his hair gel out in Western Mass
                          Mark Dennehy - Obvious choice for UMass to at least interview, been discussed pretty thoroughly throughout the thread
                          Mike Cavanaugh - Is there anything UMass does better than UConn? I guess if Cav wants to learn to flip cars and drink profusely.
                          Sneddon - This would be interesting, he was extended last summer if I remember correctly. UVM vs UMass is a push
                          Dick Umile - It'll take at least double the years to reach 600, and according to the UNH thread thats why he is still sticking around anyways
                          Red Gendron - Just signed an extension

So Dennehy, Gendron, Sneddon?

Tim Whitehead it is!!!
                          BS UMass Lowell 2015
                          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

if Umile is only sticking around to get to 600 wins, shame on him

Comment

The only realistic possibility with respect to Cav would be him deciding he doesn't want to deal with the arena situation at UConn anymore. He's on record already that he's not a fan of having to play in Hartford. That said, I agree the most logical one would be Dennehy.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

So in all seriousness. Clearly we rule out the 4 coaches still in, not only because they are still playing, but because common sense (Madigan would be the only one who you might have considered at Christmas from this group, but hes a NU guy through and through). So that leaves

Jeff Jackson - Obvious no
                                Dave Quinn - They don't sell his hair gel out in Western Mass
                                Mark Dennehy - Obvious choice for UMass to at least interview, been discussed pretty thoroughly throughout the thread
                                Mike Cavanaugh - Is there anything UMass does better than UConn? I guess if Cav wants to learn to flip cars and drink profusely.
                                Sneddon - This would be interesting, he was extended last summer if I remember correctly. UVM vs UMass is a push
                                Dick Umile - It'll take at least double the years to reach 600, and according to the UNH thread thats why he is still sticking around anyways
                                Red Gendron - Just signed an extension

So Dennehy, Gendron, Sneddon?

Tim Whitehead it is!!!
                                *applause* best reason on the list
                                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X