Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
    A little bird (that would definitely be in the know/loop/have connections within Badger nation) told me that there's probably going to be a major shake up with Badger hockey. Not earth shattering or surprising in the least given we are on pace for a two year win total that would be a troubling total over a single season much less two and that fan support/season ticket base has cratered to a catastrophic level, but reassuring that changes are apparently imminent. I am assuming at this point of the season, Eaves will finish the season and whatever shakeup may occur will be upon completion of the season. By the way, this little bird happens to be in the circle of a person that if we sat around and speculated on potential coaching replacements, I would guess that that person would be in the two handful of names everyone would come up with. Sorry about being cryptic and I will gladly share more once the season ends and whatever transpires does.
    Just hoping this comes to be (and sooner rather than later.)
    Last edited by gwhinwi; 03-18-2016, 08:29 AM.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

And now we wait.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

For the axe to fall.

Comment

tagging the thread, nice job gwhin.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Anyone ever go to these hockey night radio programs at Great Dane in Hilldale?
          Might be interesting to see "dead man walking? " That woulda been my suggested thread title!

Comment

Originally posted by Bratbill View Post
            Might be interesting to see "dead man walking? " That woulda been my suggested thread title!
            No, I would be tempted to yell profanities and I have to much respect for Posick for that.

Comment

I live near the Great Dane on the far east side...yes, I let it out that I'm a FAR East Sider. I was hoping someday for the hockey show to trek away from the near west side and cross the tracks. THEN I would go, but Mrs. MCR would have a gag tied around my mouth.

Did somebody say, "waiting for the axe?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIMYIVJFrRc
              Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-23-2016, 08:34 PM.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Bratbill View Post
                I've never seen the point of those shows, it's just a rah rah promo deal. Neither MJ or MM will say anything earth shattering interesting. Neither will tell us how they really feel about anything.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I've never seen the point of those shows, it's just a rah rah promo deal. Neither MJ or MM will say anything earth shattering interesting. Neither will tell us how they really feel about anything.
                  It is just an extra part of the coach's compensation package.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                    It is just an extra part of the coach's compensation package.
                    That and it gives us more fresh (or old and tired) metaphors about things like how we're pushing a cart up a hill to get the horse to slaughter so that we can use the rendered glue to make a cohesive team.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                      That and it gives us more fresh (or old and tired) metaphors about things like how we're pushing a cart up a hill to get the horse to slaughter so that we can use the rendered glue to make a cohesive team.
                      That's like three shows worth of material right there.....

Comment

Hall Of Fame post right there😀
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

LOL the "rendered glue" is awesome! You better trademark that one.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Not hockey related, but an interesting development from UW Athletics...

I got this e-mail just a few moments ago:
                            Dear Wisconsin Athletics Supporter,

Thank you for your feedback through the Camp Randall Renovation Survey! Wisconsin Athletics is excited to announce the next step towards a potential renovation to Camp Randall Stadium. We will be conducting focus group sessions. Your participation in these focus groups will provide us with vital information to assist us in providing the best experience possible for supporters and fans like you. As a valued constituent of the department, we are appreciative of your interest in this project.

Please note that this invitation is on a first-come, first-served basis. The athletic department will be providing meals and a complimentary gift for all participants as a token of our appreciation.

To have an opportunity to take part in the focus group session, please click on the following link:
                            RSVP HERE

I opened the e-mail on my phone, saw that you need to fill out a form, and went to fill out the form from my desktop at work. By the time I opened the e-mail on my desktop and clicked on the link the even was already full.

This is a follow-up to a survey I got a month or so ago asking about potential upgrades to Camp Randall, with more clubs/suites and some special spaces with outdoor seating.

Sounds like they are serious about making something happen at the Camp.

Comment

"Sounds like they are serious about making something happen at the Camp."

What like an actual championship or something?
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                              X