Minnesota Gophers vs Michigan Wolverines: 2/25-2/26 A big BIG series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers vs Michigan Wolverines: 2/25-2/26 A big BIG series

Really hope we see Sadek tonight. Need all our puck movers on board tonight. Collins could really get exposed against this squad. Big series! Hope it's packed and loud!

Comment

Originally posted by VinnyBoy View Post
      Really hope we see Sadek tonight. Need all our puck movers on board tonight. Collins could really get exposed against this squad. Big series! Hope it's packed and loud!
      Need to stay out of the box against Michigan's lethal PP and keep the feet moving to induce a few PP of their own against Michigan's pretty pitiful PK. As of yesterday there were only about 150 tickets left, the problem is whether everyone shows up or not.....

I'll be there
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
        Need to stay out of the box against Michigan's lethal PP and keep the feet moving to induce a few PP of their own against Michigan's pretty pitiful PK. As of yesterday there were only about 150 tickets left, the problem is whether everyone shows up or not.....

I'll be there
        I was hoping to make it to the game tomorrow night, but can't do it. Really hope the hometown fans pack out Mariucci and support their team for this series.

Comment

Originally posted by VinnyBoy View Post
          I'm usually pretty positive about most players in most years. Collins is vulnerable, esp on fast breaks.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
            Both Downing's hit on Connor Reilly and Poriko's hit on Jack Ramsey in their last meeting at Yost were pretty bad and deserving of suspensions. VIDEOS
            Downing didn't jump into Reilly.... silly argument that every time there is a big hit it becomes a penalty snark debate. I don't think he even gets a penalty at the next level.

I didn't mention Porikos, you did and I think that one was blatant.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
              Downing didn't jump into Reilly.... silly argument that every time there is a big hit it becomes a penalty snark debate. I don't think he even gets a penalty at the next level.

BS.

Just happened in the Wild outdoor game. No suspension but a 5 and a DQ was given out. When are people going to get the hint that hitting someone in the head is wrong?????????????????? When??????????????????????????????
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Still worst in Minnesota but best in the Big 10, the worst conference in the NCAA.
                Just noticed your tag line. Honestly do you really think the Big 10 is worse than Atlantic Hockey?
                BTW I do agree with the question you posed about hits to the head being wrong.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Just noticed your tag line. Honestly do you really think the Big 10 is worse than Atlantic Hockey?
                  BTW I do agree with the question you posed about hits to the head being wrong.
                  Big 10 is horrible. Any hockey conference built on the premise of TV ratings and content for a new TV network is flawed.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Any hockey conference built on the premise of TV ratings and content for a new TV network is flawed.
                    If only they would actually televise all of our games.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post

I think anyone with a pulse would agree with the Big Ten's decision to suspend Downing for that hit to the head on Reilly. You can't do that anymore at any level. Downing is a hack and if he pulls that stunt again at Mariucci he'll get 2 games now, not one.

Comment

Terrible miscue by Collins right in front of our net. And at the other end, just 6 shots on goal against a supposedly weak defensive team? Going to have to pick it up and take control.

Comment

*flushing sound*
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            *flushing sound*
                            Typical.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              Terrible miscue by Collins right in front of our net. And at the other end, just 6 shots on goal against a supposedly weak defensive team? Going to have to pick it up and take control.
                              Yeah, I was shocked at the pass in front. Collins should know better, he learned not to do that in Pee Wees. I hope he's riding the pine tomorrow night.

But the Gophers really didn't have much of an offensive attack tonight as you pointed out and credit the Wolverines they packed in around the net and blocked shots.

Kyle Connor really has our number with 2 Gs tonight and a Hatty in the first game at Yost. Tonight Kile gets the Hatty. The Gophers have got to stop Michigan's transition game which was really good tonight. They clearly have a high scoring machine this season and should do well in the NCAAs.

The final score tonight was very similar to the first game the last time these teams met in Yost. Hopefully the Gophers will respond as they did last time in the second game and play better defensively for a low scoring W tomorrow night.
                              Last edited by SteveO; 02-25-2016, 11:06 PM.

Comment

For much of the game tonight the Gophers just seemed off, much like we saw all too often in the first half of the season. Too many passes were just off the mark, or to nobody. Too much perimeter play and very little traffic in front when we did have possession in Michigan's end. When we did generate a few close-in opportunities, most shots went right into Racine's mid-section. We seemed to lose little races to the puck, like we were a step slower than normal. And the final straw was our penalty kill was no match for the Wolverine's power play, which got way too many good looks from point-blank range.

I think we're now down to the point where tomorrow is a must-win situation. If we get swept then our only hope would be to win the conference tournament, and the odds of doing that aren't that great.

Comment

Working...
                                X