Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Star Cup 1/30-31 - SCSU, UM, BSU, MSU-M: Who is drinking where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Star Cup 1/30-31 - SCSU, UM, BSU, MSU-M: Who is drinking where?

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
    They are 1-13 against in state rivals since joining the big ten.
    I've been told it's not a rivalry when one side is so very much superior to the other.

/tArrogance
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      I've been told it's not a rivalry when one side is so very much superior to the other.

/tArrogance
      Still don't care about those other MN schools. /truetArrogance
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Wait until you guys get Canisius and a couple other AHA schools. I made the post over on GPL...heard some rumors yesterday....
        Ramblings of drunks tailgating behind Eagle Street don't count as "rumors".
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

They are 1-13 against in state rivals since joining the big ten.
          Wrong. They are 1-12 in their last 13 against MN teams, but that doesn't even go back to the beginning of last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Also had the #1 SOS OOC, if my stats are correct.
            And they lost 2/3rds of them. Kudos for not scheduling AHA teams like MSU and PSU, but if you don't win the games, you don't get moral victories. This is the Gophers we are talking about.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Wait until you guys get Canisius and a couple other AHA schools. I made the post over on GPL...heard some rumors yesterday....
              I think Canisius might be a step up for our SOS compared to scheduling Little Six teams.
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                Ramblings of drunks tailgating behind Eagle Street don't count as "rumors".
                Actually from a known name in the business. And while confusing, apparently those teams want to increase their scholarships, and AHA doesn't want to do that....
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

2-0 SCSU after 1 period. Shots 5-3 Huskies. This thing could be played at Ridder Arena. Pathetic crowd.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

2-0 SCSU after 1 period. Shots 5-3 Huskies. This thing could be played at Ridder Arena. Pathetic crowd.
                    Ditto with the MN-MSU game. It was sparse, at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Actually from a known name in the business. And while confusing, apparently those teams want to increase their scholarships, and AHA doesn't want to do that....
                      I don't doubt that Atlantic Hockey teams want to move. But if the NCHC wants to add a bunch of teams, why not just poach teams like BSU, Mankato and BGSU?
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        I don't doubt that Atlantic Hockey teams want to move. But if the NCHC wants to add a bunch of teams, why not just poach teams like BSU, Mankato and BGSU?
                        That is a good question. The whole thing is puzzling to me to begin with, overall. I do stress that these are rumors, nothing has been set forward as to actions or talks....

Comment

I guess the NCHC will be forced to admit them then. The powerful Atlantic Hockey has spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                            I guess the NCHC will be forced to admit them then. The powerful Atlantic Hockey has spoken.
                            They let you guys in...

If this somehow happens...I will laugh my arse off. "Like-minded" schools indeed!

Comment

I remember how much I hated Mazzocco calling the games on FSN. After Lapanta and McLeod, I realize how stupid I was.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                                I remember how much I hated Mazzocco calling the games on FSN. After Lapanta and McLeod, I realize how stupid I was.
                                You JUST realized how stupid you are? You've been stupid from the womb, pinhead.

Comment

Working...
                                X