Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I suspect that the Mayor's Trophy game will continue whether or not all of us approve.
    Unfortunately i agree, but only if the event makes someone money. If it becomes a losing financial proposition for all involved, it will go away like our 60 year tournament did.
    Last edited by DrDemento; 01-23-2016, 08:58 AM.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Looks like almost a full team. Who is playing goal, Buck Rogers?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Vic: Fantastic to see you still posting. You had not updated the standings contest and had me a tad concerned. Was getting ready to email you when i saw this. The weather here is beyond horrible but due to severe drifting cannot measure the snow yet (but is certainly over a foot). Stay warm and dry.
        You will see an up to date contest post on Sunday AM. Keeping my arms, fingers, legs and toes crossed that we do not lose power.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          You will see an up to date contest post on Sunday AM. Keeping my arms, fingers, legs and toes crossed that we do not lose power.
          We are in similar positions. We have flickered a few times and the outage website for our area shows the state with several hundred thousand without power. We have been lucky so far though. Snow so far is actually fr less than i expected but the winds are just incessantly howling with gusts measured near here of just over 66mph. No one around here is talking about global warming today.

Comment

You think the attendance for two games against two powerhouse teams from another contest would be less?
            Yes. 100% yes. Non-conference games against teams we don't care about while classes aren't in session will draw far less than an extra RPI-Union game.
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Looks like almost a full team. Who is playing goal, Buck Rogers?
              Another DC resident enjoying the snow.
              https://www.facebook.com/nationalzoo...3837445042902/
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Another DC resident enjoying the snow.
                https://www.facebook.com/nationalzoo...3837445042902/
                Not sure, looks real familiar. Might have dated her (if it is a her) years ago when i had a few drinks in me. (Please do not let Jenny see this one)

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                  Yes. 100% yes. Non-conference games against teams we don't care about while classes aren't in session will draw far less than an extra RPI-Union game.
                  Could be, but I would make the drive up to see North Dakota or St. Cloud or Penn State in the tri city area long before a third game against a team I have the chance to see twice every year. That was the fun of the Invitational Tournament for all the years we used to come up. We got to see 4 games with usually 3 teams we might never have otherwise seen. I know things have changed greatly and we cannot bring back what we had 15-30 years ago but for those who go back that far, it was a great chance to see that much hockey against teams we got to see on rare occasions only. Perhaps even better further back when we had even more teams playing but I am not sure too many who post here can remember those days. (perhaps non conference games that do matter in the overall PWR grid might change your opinion some?)

Comment

It is great that they drew 8500 people to the game, but for those of us who live too far away or get stuck in a snow storm, it would be nice to have the game streamed. I am sure the RPI could have done a great job if they were allowed.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

A really nice win. Does not move us much in the rpi or PWR but it is genuinely hard to beat any team 3 times in a row in one season. I am not sure we have done it often in the past. And for it to be Union, well, that is just extra special. Now comes the important stretch-a sweep on the road against Yale and Brown could do a lot for this team's chances at the playoffs. Not only to secure a top 4 seed in the ECAC but perhaps get them just across the line for now in the top 14 of PWR. Darn i wish we had done just a tad better in Alaska.

Comment

A really nice win. Does not move us much in the rpi or PWR but it is genuinely hard to beat any team 3 times in a row in one season. I am not sure we have done it often in the past. And for it to be Union, well, that is just extra special. Now comes the important stretch-a sweep on the road against Yale and Brown could do a lot for this team's chances at the playoffs. Not only to secure a top 4 seed in the ECAC but perhaps get them just across the line for now in the top 14 of PWR. Darn i wish we had done just a tad better in Alaska.
                        RPI needs victories this weekend, while also cheering hard against Penn St., Minnesota, and Cornell, the three teams directly above RPI in the PWR. If RPI wins and those three lose, combined with a Dartmouth and Yale loss, then I did find a scenario which would put RPI at 14 in the PWR.
                        Last edited by jericho; 01-24-2016, 08:40 AM.
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

A question for those who know the NCAA rules better than I do. I was reading this article by Ken Schott where he mentions that Union started Sakellaropoulos although Young was the announced goalie. Conceivably RPI could have dressed a different lineup thinking that Young was going to play than they would have if they thought that Sakellaropoulos was going to play. With the RPI injury situation, I doubt that this was the case, but is a team allowed to switch their goalie at the last minute?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            It is great that they drew 8500 people to the game, but for those of us who live too far away or get stuck in a snow storm, it would be nice to have the game streamed. I am sure the RPI could have done a great job if they were allowed.
                            TUC and the ECAC feels that if they live streamed the game, even with a pay wall, they'd get 4000 less people in the door.

Comment

A question for those who know the NCAA rules better than I do. I was reading this article by Ken Schott where he mentions that Union started Sakellaropoulos although Young was the announced goalie. Conceivably RPI could have dressed a different lineup thinking that Young was going to play than they would have if they thought that Sakellaropoulos was going to play. With the RPI injury situation, I doubt that this was the case, but is a team allowed to switch their goalie at the last minute?
                              Protocol is that by 25 minutes prior to puck drop (that or thereabout), both teams shall submit their official dressed roster to the scorers, officials, and each other (albeit the last one happens by virtue of the officials receiving it). This is why sometimes players will warm up but not play because of a "game time decision". Any media announcement is unofficial.

Comment

Not sure I see why this really is much to get flustered about (even in an RPI thread where the entire world is clearly against us... even ourselves according to some posts). They could have started the other guy and switched at the first whistle for no reason whatsoever. Unless the other guy wasn't on the roster.

Plus... players get hurt in warm-ups sometimes so...

Comment

Working...
                                X