• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

previous thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...s-Over-the-HFH
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016 (Part II): We want more banners, not more flags

With the strength of the ECAC this year compared to most past years, it is more likely that a second place finish would result in a bid.
    Unless "likely" is the same as saying "100% sure," the initial assertion (just worry about the ECAC alone and all will be fine with the Pairwise) is false.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Unless "likely" is the same as saying "100% sure," the initial assertion (just worry about the ECAC alone and all will be fine with the Pairwise) is false.
      "likely" ≠ "100% sure".
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Mike Zalweski is in Canuck lineup in Boston v. Bruins.
        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
          Mike Zalweski is in Canuck lineup in Boston v. Bruins.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              "likely" ≠ "100% sure".
              Seems reasonable.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Since there's no "weekend thread" for the game: Are there any plans for video of the Mayor's Cup, whether on YouTube, Boob Tube (i.e. TV), or some other tube? I seem to recall RPI-TV being shut out from covering it a few years ago due to union policies (collective bargaining, not the college).

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Since there's no "weekend thread" for the game: Are there any plans for video of the Mayor's Cup, whether on YouTube, Boob Tube (i.e. TV), or some other tube? I seem to recall RPI-TV being shut out from covering it a few years ago due to union policies (collective bargaining, not the college).
                  I will start that thread after this game a little after 9 PM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

SA’s Postgame with Bradley & Schroeder...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk21IykWV4w

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      SA’s Postgame with Bradley & Schroeder...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk21IykWV4w
                      Turk, thanks for posting this interview. Listening to the coach and players, you get a real sense of the grit and effort involved in this game and an appreciation for what the team is trying to accomplish this season. Keep it up, guys!

Comment

I was looking at the box score for Zalewski's game yesterday. http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2015020693

He won 71% of his draws. We could use that.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This QU can work both ways for us. They have to be a little upset with the fact they blew another late lead. This time a 2 goal lead and the late goal was inches from being swept away by an RPI defender. I cannot see how you can walk away from that without at least a little feeling of we lost a chance for a huge win. However, they all know they played the best team in the league, if not the country, and started out poorly but kept getting better throughout the game(regardless of the scoring). They were getting beaten to every puck early and it seemed Q was on an endless power play. The ice was certainly tilted. But we just kept getting a bit better all game long. We started to move faster, hit harder, and create a few chances and scored the first 2 goals against a team that on average does not give up 2 goals in games. This should give them even more of the feeling that they can play with anyone, and every night have the chance to win. Without arguably two of the most effective players we have, Riley and Parker, we were 9.4 seconds from most would consider a tremendous upset on the road against a Hobey Baker level goalie.
                          i truly hate that we have a meaningless game to play next. A game that cannot help us in the league, in the PWR, or gain us any real stature and national attention. it can , however, leave us with another injury, a lower rpi number, and give momentum to one of the teams trying to put their season back together. Here is a vote to either have this game as our first game of the season (i wish it was just an exhibition game) or cancel the darn thin altogether. I am sure they can come up with some other way to play a weekend that matters more and means something (hint-having an RPI Invitational tournament with 4 teams over two days like we did for 60 years might make a lot more sense). JMHO
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

One sign of improvement certainly is that we didn't fully lose this one, unlike games in the past. A road half-win against the top RatingsPI team will help our RatingsPI, as both both RatingsPI and QWB will be weighed accordingly. We're probably not going to be able to flip the script on a comparison as RatingsPI is too heavy of a factor with the TUC cliff gone. However, if we continue to play hard and get results against our other opponents, as much as there are many factors we can't control, we can do what we can to strengthen our position.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              This QU can work both ways for us. They have to be a little upset with the fact they blew another late lead. This time a 2 goal lead and the late goal was inches from being swept away by an RPI defender. I cannot see how you can walk away from that without at least a little feeling of we lost a chance for a huge win. However, they all know they played the best team in the league, if not the country, and started out poorly but kept getting better throughout the game(regardless of the scoring). They were getting beaten to every puck early and it seemed Q was on an endless power play. The ice was certainly tilted. But we just kept getting a bit better all game long. We started to move faster, hit harder, and create a few chances and scored the first 2 goals against a team that on average does not give up 2 goals in games. This should give them even more of the feeling that they can play with anyone, and every night have the chance to win. Without arguably two of the most effective players we have, Riley and Parker, we were 9.4 seconds from most would consider a tremendous upset on the road against a Hobey Baker level goalie.
                              i truly hate that we have a meaningless game to play next. A game that cannot help us in the league, in the PWR, or gain us any real stature and national attention. it can , however, leave us with another injury, a lower rpi number, and give momentum to one of the teams trying to put their season back together. Here is a vote to either have this game as our first game of the season (i wish it was just an exhibition game) or cancel the darn thin altogether. I am sure they can come up with some other way to play a weekend that matters more and means something (hint-having an RPI Invitational tournament with 4 teams over two days like we did for 60 years might make a lot more sense). JMHO
                              Kasdorf's save percentage over the last three games (QU, Colgate, Cornell) is .956. Good thing he's playing some of the best hockey of his career right now, because superhuman goaltending is keeping us in these games.

Comment

Working...
                              X