UMD Bulldogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    I disagree... I am no Pairwise expert but I would imagine sweeping UND and SCSU would put tUMD in much better position, then they'd get Miami and in the first round likely UNO or Miami. And if this squad can start scoring like they're capable, Kas could propel them to a run.
    Maybe, but they arent going to sweep the #2 and #3 teams in the country on the road on back to back weekends. What about this teams results makes you think they can sweep either? The only good team they have beaten this year is Lowell and they split with them. Seriously, look at their schedule. For a team that was picked to win their conference, this team has been a joke.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Re: UMD Bulldogs

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      Maybe, but they arent going to sweep the #2 and #3 teams in the country on the road on back to back weekends. What about this teams results makes you think they can sweep either? The only good team they have beaten this year is Lowell and they split with them. Seriously, look at their schedule. For a team that was picked to win their conference, this team has been a joke.
      I wasn't saying they would. They can, but I'd bet against it. But you implied that they were done, and they're not. Its like when people call Game 2 of a seven game series a "must-win." By definition, its not.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        I wasn't saying they would. They can, but I'd bet against it. But you implied that they were done, and they're not. Its like when people call Game 2 of a seven game series a "must-win." By definition, its not.
        I said "I think that's curtains for UMD's hopes". How do you parse 'they are mathematically eliminated' from that? You are correcting me on something I never said.
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

It's like a GPL meltdown in here between Euro an Tippsy... Since daloot couldn't score a single goal against UND, all weekend, at home, I would bet against them sweeping NoDak at the Ralph.

Comment

Oh SCSU fans, never change. It is so entertaining when you fight each other. It's downright hilarious when you fight each other in another team's thread.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
              It's like a GPL meltdown in here between Euro an Tippsy... Since daloot couldn't score a single goal against UND, all weekend, at home, I would bet against them sweeping NoDak at the Ralph.
              Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              Oh SCSU fans, never change. It is so entertaining when you fight each other. It's downright hilarious when you fight each other in another team's thread.
              Welcome, drama queens.

Comment

Just giving some action to the UMD thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                  Welcome, drama queens.
                  says the pot to the kettle

Comment

It's over. Not mathematically but realistically it's done.

Sigh. Most disappointing season I've experienced as a Bulldog fan.
                    Last edited by Biddco; 02-10-2016, 05:23 PM.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Ok, before the Bulldog faithful have exploding heads. They are still a very good team that has seen very few breaks this season. My pick for the conference tourney winner

Comment

Great game. Icing on the cake is DHG and beersong endless whining.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                          Ok, before the Bulldog faithful have exploding heads. They are still a very good team that has seen very few breaks this season. My pick for the conference tourney winner
                          Not happening. Appreciate the sentiment.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            Great game. Icing on the cake is DHG and beersong endless whining.
                            Shouldn't have been a penalty shot.
                            Soucy was even with the play.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I'd like to think it is redemption for the refs !@#$ing up in the Dec. 5, 2009 game between UND and UMD in Duluth. UMD gets game tying goal with 33 seconds left in the third period. The goal shouldn't have counted though as it was clear as flipping day that just prior to UMD scoring the goal, the puck had hit the netting behind the UMD net. Play should've been blown dead but instead UMD races down the ice and scores the tying goal and they ended up winning in OT.

Refs make mistakes is the bottom line. The penalty shot was questionable/weak.

Comment

Just watched the replay and the worst part is the official took forever to make the penalty shot call... its almost like the crowd and the moment talked him into it.
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X