College Hockey Power Index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hockey Power Index

I started a college hockey rankings system that takes into account Pythagorean W-L, Strength of Schedule, Game Control and Scoring Efficiency. I believe that my method will accurately project the top teams in college hockey. I am looking for some feedback so if you could check it out and let me know what you think, thanks.

Link: http://nbtsports.blogspot.com/2016/0...-index-17.html

Re: College Hockey Power Index

As an SCSU fan, I like it!

If you're attempting to create a predictive model, then you'll probably want to measure your success against KRACH and CHODR. KRACH and CHODR also a predictive models. KRACH does not take into account goals for and goals against. CHODR does. Since it seems you ran this ranking system last week, I recommend you look back at the results and see how your model performed versus KRACH and CHODR.

EDIT: Here are all the most popular rankings side by side.
    Last edited by The Exiled One; 01-07-2016, 10:17 AM.
    scsuhockey.com
    CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

How do you calculate scoring efficiency?
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        How do you calculate scoring efficiency?
        I use goals/shots on goal as more of a scoring percentage but then I also factor the power play and empty net goals.

Comment

Seeing that Boston College is 2nd, North Dakota is 3rd, and Penn State is 8th, SOS obviously isn't a very big player in your formula.

Those 3 schools have the 46th, 27th, & 39th ranked schedules in the country, respectively, as I write this. (RPI--SOS)
          Last edited by Red Cows; 01-07-2016, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X